Lost cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bengal lover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hahah, I'm laughing at the part about Simba being unhappy that the torturer is back ... yeah, that's most likely it. That and the fact that the torturer also SMELLS now. LOL!

Today Snickers was SOOO much more animated. We all noticed it. He opened the bathroom door (using the handle/latch) and pulled the heater grate completely off the wall. Yep, Snickers is back! We usually have to lock that and several other doors because it's the only way to keep him out! These doors have the latches that you just push down instead of knobs that you turn. Then when I went to get ice and water from my fridge door, he jumped onto the top of the fridge and laid there, rolling and squirming while I did this ... just like the old days, I have no idea why. He makes every jump that he tries, so he is now strong enough to do things he wasn't able to do a week ago. His antibiotics were used up today and he has not sneezed at all so all signs of his upper respiratory infection are gone.

If I had to say what's really different about him now is ... he always loved to look out the windows at birds and squirrels but now he is OBSESSED with it. I don't know if he caught himself some prey when he was out, but he definitely views them differently now so at the very least, he got a much closer look at them outside during his little vacation. Other than that, I'd say he is almost 100% back to his old self, thank God. I missed him SO much and worried incessantly about what happened to him, and I find myself loving his funny little quirks now, when before it would wear on me that he was such an unyielding prankster. Even when we didn't think he was on our minds for a short time during that 12 days, we would catch ourselves looking out windows and watching weather reports and having nightmares, and we all felt rather physically sick during that time from stress, lack of sleep, and worry. These little pets sure do become part of the family and have no idea the impact they have on our lives. I'm still pinching myself to make sure this really happened and we really have him back!

bengal lover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ugh, NOW WHAT?? Snickers today has suddenly started gagging ... at about 5 minute intervals when he is awake, none when he is sleeping. I noticed it since I came home from work. He acts as if he doesn't feel well and then lets out a huge gag. I think he will throw up, but he doesn't. Then he lays back down and looks lethargic for a while. Right now he's in a deep sleep and is fine .... but he gagged like 10 times before he fell asleep, at about 5 minute intervals. Could this be his upper respiratory infection coming back? He has no other signs ... his nose seems clear, his eyes aren't watery. What the?? And I've read on the net it could be hairballs, but he's NEVER had that in his life, in 2 years. Why would he suddenly get that now? None of my 3 cats have had hairballs .... well Simba, maybe 3 times in the 3 years we've had him. Snickers isn't wheezing or coughing. Just a dry gag. ??? Anyone know what it could be?

killerapple

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh no! Poor Snickers.
I am not sure who will see this thread - since it's about his health, I would start a new thread about this gagging in the Health section of the forums. I don't want someone to miss this that could give you advice!!

bengal lover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for the advice; I will go take a look around at other forums if I have more posts that are off-topic. But for the record, I took him to the vet today and he has a fever so they are assuming it's because of the upper respiratory infection still. He put on weight ... up from 10 pounds. He is now 11.5 - 12 pounds, give or take a wiggle. LOL He is on a new, stronger antibiotic. Eating and drinking fine, a little tired/lethargic, just doesn't seem to feel quite up to par. Thanks again!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep in mind that sometimes the medication can make him feel off. Its great that he is gaining weight. If he wasn't, I would be worried, but it sounds like he's progressing well.

bengal lover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks much! See my thread in the health section about Snickers and Clindamycin ... the medication sure WAS making him feel off ... a LOT off! ;o)