Looking to breed

miyu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Oh I understand completely. I think most all of us did "wrong" things in the past that we didn't understand why it was so wrong. I'll admit my first cat Mitten was declawed on my parent's terms - not mine. But Mitten was a special cat - he still was allowed out during the day and he hunted/killed birds, rabbits, squirrels. He never had litter box problems or was a fear biter, etc.

Mitten was the exception of a declawed cat. I would never do it again; its not necessary. And I've seen/heard too many stories of problem cats - many of the problems stem from being declawed.

But we all should be willing to learn and listen to others. We want the best for our cats. Over years and in today's world its very different then 40-50 yrs ago. Too many sick/cruel people out there now to be worth letting cats roam unsupervised and not spayed/neutered.
Yeah but it hasnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t only changed in the last 40 and 50 years, but also the last 10 and 20 years. There are still so many people who need to be educated, including myself. And your right I was just reading the debate about the guy who is going around picking up lost animals and taking them in to his shop and killing them, he makes me ill. If I really had to go around and pick up all the lost cats I would spay/neuter and send them back. So if they are strays they would be a lot happier and if they have homes and the owner canâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t be bothered to fix, it could be done for them. I mean thatâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s just a better idea rather than picking up any cat you can find and killing them.

I know what you mean, my childhood cat was declawed and she handled it really well, so I declawed my next cat and she didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t handle it so well, she has pain in her front feet, once in a while, and I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t know if it is her breed, or if it was me, but I have never and will never declaw again, because if it is my fault, how can I ever do that again and live with myself? The vet told me it was ok, but the longer you live with cats the more you understand what they need, why god made them that way. My other baby still has her claws and it saved her life, she could have fallen 3 stories if she didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t have claws to catch herself. And grab a hold of the window.