Looking for support

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ghyslaine, it's perfectly all right with me if you stay behind at the cabin once we get to rattlesnake country. As you can see, they two cabins we've secured are quite luxurious.

=^..^=

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, and I thought I'd want to join in on the fun. However, the luxury of those accomodations just might spoil me for regular life.

I wouldn't mind getting a little closer to the "slippery" creatures. (Uh, Ghyslaine, I think slithery is a better definition.
) I'll be the one hanging out with the medic, or whoever is carrying the antidote to rattlesnake poison. Is there such a thing?

All of this is making me want to watch reruns of the Crocodile Hunter.

badhabit

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh boy! Now I'm really excited!!

G I understand that you have to stay behind but I wouldn't want you to miss out so we'll bring the snakes to you!! We'll let them go in the cabin and then try and catch them again. I think the fun of trying to catch them with all the obstacles in the way and not get bit at the same time will be even greater!!

And don't worry we'll have the medic nearby.:tounge2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whisker's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mr.Cat....what's in that barrel outside the cabin???? Love your car, it's definately a 'one of a kind'.

Bren.1 - what do you mean??? Snakes are not slippery?
Well, they 'look' like they are. I'm not sure about the antidote part. I've always heard about the 'cutting and sucking the poison' out from the bitten area. If this is the case, can we still count on you?

whisker's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeeehaw!!!! There is electricity at the cabin. (or is that a clothes line????) Mind you, I wasn't worried one bit.......planned on bringing my generator anyways.

sfell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey now, Yeeehaw is to only be used by us native Texans
but since you all are such nice people and are getting into the spirit of Texas by going "Snake Huntin" I'm sure it will be okay and no one will be prosecuted.

It's a shame you all can't go looking for water moccasins, we just love water moccasins on this side of the state!

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
G, Snakes aren't slippery. Their skin is very smooth and soft, unless you rub their scales the wrong way. I don't know about the cutting and sucking. I remember seeing some sort of device to do the sucking part, I am pretty squeamish about cutting anything that is alive, so maybe I should help you in the food prep.

Or I'll go looking for snakes of the non-poisonous variety, which I know lessens the fun.:tounge2:

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, we wouldn't want to endanger the species and upset the delicate balance of nature. I was wondering if we couldn't just skip right to the "Tom Cruise part?" You guys stay in the cabin and cook and I'll be happy to meet Tom at a predestined location. You don't have to thank me. I'm just naturally nice about things like this.

whisker's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sabra, I think there maybe some Texas blood in me! Plus...my hairdresser just arrived from Texas. (I'm in love with her accent!) Oh, here we go, now I have the Alabama song in my head "If you wanna play in Texas, you gotta have a fiddle in the band, that lead guitar is hot but not for a Louisianna man......

bren.1 - you are sticking close to me. I could use someone to hold my hand.

Oh....lookie here, I think I may have missed the ride. We were leaving early this morning and it's 9:45am here. Awwww shoot, I'm just as disappointed as I was when I missed out on visiting the Insectarium!

Now, what are Water Moccasins? Maybe I can go along on this adventure. They almost sound cute.

Jeanie don't tell me, you guys are not gone yet???? Just got off the phone with Tom. Since Mr.Cat had graciously offered his prize car, I had informed him we didn't need him. (But....he said he'd gladly take you for a spin if you'd like as long as he's home in time for supper. Penelope is pretty strict)

whisker's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jessica, I must have missed your posting but it just caught my eye. Don't you even dare!!!! (actually.....I'm still hoping, it may be too late for me and you're all gone by now so........) I think it would be a great idea! Snakes in the cabin. (send pictures!) Guys, Have a great time. And.....I do not believe it is legal to bring them out to me so, for your own protection and safety (because I am thinking about you guys) I think they all should remain out there.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:LOL: You guys are TOO funny!!! I will have to pass on the snake hunt, though....I'm afraid riding around in that car of Joe's might make me go into labor...anyone deliver a baby before??

sfell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uh G., I was being a little sarcastic, shame on me! A water mocassin is also known as a cotton mouth. It is a very deadly snake and is known to be predominate in the Gulf Coast region of the US. They are not very large and nest at the bottom of bodies of water. When they come to the surface and swim, the front half of their body stands straight up out of the water while the rest of the body "swims."

Have you ever seen the movie Lonesome Dove? In the movie, when they are driving the cattle across Texas they have to cross a river. Well one of the horses or cows steps in a nest of water moccasins and one of the riders gets bitten and dies.

whisker's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Debby! Long time no see. I was just thinking about you & baby. When are you due?

(P.S. Don't worry, I think we're too late for the ride - if I keep repeating it, it may end up being true!).

Just got my certification for CPR & First Aid. I would be able to assist in the delivery in case of emergency but......I'm sure there are many qualified 'birth assistants' here with way more experience than me. Whiskers has never even had a litter so I don't even have that under my belt.

whisker's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Great Sabra! See....I am clueless. This has also proven the reason I do not swin in anything but a swimming pool where I can see the bottom!!!!

I think the only adventure I'll go on today is to the 'Dollar Store' here in town. If I purchase a rubber snake, does that count as capturing one?

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally my due date was Aug 1, but they are moving it up...how far, I'm not sure...Friday I go back for another ultrasound so they can decide. The sooner the better I say...Thanks for asking, Ghyslaine!

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, I'm here to answer your questions. First of all, Ghyslaine, you've not missed going with us! We're approaching your home even as we speak. Perhaps you can see the smoke?

Oh, you asked about that 55-gallon drum just outside the cabin. Don't worry! It's only a barrel full of nuclear waste. I had it moved from inside the cabin so we'd have more room.

Yes, there is electricity! Well, at least on every odd-numbered Thursday — which luckily happens this week. Do bring that generator. Thank you.

Debby, don't be too concerned about delivery out there. We can fly you out via Abner's Helicopter Service should you go into labor. That is, if Abner's fixed the helicopter since the last crash. The nearest hospital (perhaps "medical facility" is a better term) is only 450 miles away, so with luck you'd be there in no time! I think the physician there got his license back just last week.

See? Everything's taken care of!

=^..^=

whisker's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mr. Cat - Boy, I am relieved! I thought the barrel contained 'slithering' guests.

Boy, this is one time I am soooooo glad I have a job!!! If you stopped by my home, you must have met my mother-in-law (another posting altogether-God bless mother-in-laws but sometimes.......)
Sorry to have missed you guys!

Who's Abner? Tom may not like this......

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Quote by Mr. Cat...
-----------------------
Debby, don't be too concerned about delivery out there. We can fly you out via Abner's Helicopter Service should you go into labor. That is, if Abner's fixed the helicopter since the last crash. The nearest hospital (perhaps "medical facility" is a better term) is only 450 miles away, so with luck you'd be there in no time! I think the physician there got his license back just last week.

See? Everything's taken care of!
================================

That's really comforting, Joe! :LOL:

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bring me! Bring me! I love snakes. I used to have a pet water snake at the cottage who went swimming with me every day. Debby - don't worry - I can deliver your baby - I have had 1st aid training (I haven't actually had to do it yet - but I am sure I can)

Bring on the snakes and the babies - heck - bring on the baby snakes!