Looking for Prayers/Vibes/Hopes for Foster Kitten

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad to hear he is doing better. I will continue to pray for him to get back to normal and also for his sister. Bless you for caring for these wee ones. Hugs.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so glad to hear that they are both doing better.

You said that Francis has neurological damage too? Was that something you knew before the neuter?

You're a wonderful foster mom!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eatrawfish

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I'm so glad to hear that they are both doing better.

You said that Francis has neurological damage too? Was that something you knew before the neuter?

You're a wonderful foster mom!
Unfortunately the little black one has been hospitalized, she kept throwing up and getting dehydrated.
We'll see how she is doing tomorrow. I was stressing out so much watching her become a skeleton, so I'm glad she has full care now.

Francis' nuerological damage was known before the nueter. It's hard to describe. He winks one eye funny A Lot, and sometimes shows less grace than a normal kitten (falling on his side instead of feet). He's just Not Quite Right. Oh, and he can't figure out the litter box.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by eatrawfish

Unfortunately the little black one has been hospitalized, she kept throwing up and getting dehydrated.
We'll see how she is doing tomorrow. I was stressing out so much watching her become a skeleton, so I'm glad she has full care now.

Francis' nuerological damage was known before the nueter. It's hard to describe. He winks one eye funny A Lot, and sometimes shows less grace than a normal kitten (falling on his side instead of feet). He's just Not Quite Right. Oh, and he can't figure out the litter box.
Oh, poor little Jane! It sounds like this litter of kittens has a hard road ahead of them to be healthy cats.

Sending more healthy vibes to Jane, James and Francis!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a quick question about Francis - do you know which anesthetic they used? I've heard Ketamine isn't too good with neurological symptoms. (Which is what they used on my cat yesterday.
)

eatrawfish

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Just a quick question about Francis - do you know which anesthetic they used? I've heard Ketamine isn't too good with neurological symptoms. (Which is what they used on my cat yesterday.
)
Huh, I had not heard that, but I did tell the Vet that was what they used (and another... Iflurine? something like that). The thing is, Francis came through the nueter brilliaintly. It was James, who showed no prior symptoms of any nuerological problems, who started acting brain damaged.

Unfortunately the colony they came from was not managed or healthy before these guys got trapped. I doubt any of them would have made it much longer on their own as it was.

eatrawfish

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Well, I think it's awesome how you're doing with them, and they are SO sweet looking.
Oh, they are all sweeties. If you know anyone in my area who wants some slightly-off kittens, one with litter box issues, send them my way.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You & your troubled kittens are in my prayers. Thank you for taking care of these poor little babies.

eatrawfish

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Jane is doing much better!!!!

I'm going to pick her up today. I worried ALL yesterday.

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Jane is doing much better!!!!

I'm going to pick her up today. I worried ALL yesterday.
YAY, that's great news. How is James this morning? Hoping he is better as well.

eatrawfish

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolcat

YAY, that's great news. How is James this morning? Hoping he is better as well.
Yup, in fact he's started hissing at me again.
Guess it's time to stop worrying about his health and work on his socialization...

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yup, in fact he's started hissing at me again.
Guess it's time to stop worrying about his health and work on his socialization...
Hee hee, sorry about the hiss, but that PROVES he is getting back to his old self...happy socializing!