Looking for Prayers/Vibes/Hopes for Foster Kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eatrawfish

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Update for the day:

Bloodwork came back fine.

I'm syringe feeding him wet food through the day, but I just discovered him eating some dry food and drinking water on his own. Which excited me. I'm hoping it's a sign of improvement.

We'll see how he does as time passes, I'll keep you updated.

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eatrawfish

Update for the day:

Bloodwork came back fine.

I'm syringe feeding him wet food through the day, but I just discovered him eating some dry food and drinking water on his own. Which excited me. I'm hoping it's a sign of improvement.

We'll see how he does as time passes, I'll keep you updated.
Tha's good news for sure
. Continued prayers for his improvement and for strength and calmness for you. Thank you for the update.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, this is just so sad! Poor little James! I am praying that he makes a full recovery. How frightening for you!

eatrawfish

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Actually, what is really nice is my bf has set up a webcam on James for me so that I can keep an eye on James from my computer, without having to sit and stare at him (which I think he doesn't always enjoy).

Right now he's just sleeping. I'm crossing my fingers I'll see him use the litter box at some point.

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I`ve been praying for James too.
Kittens are sometimes stronger than we think.
If the liver / kidney test came back OK...and he was fine the day before the surgery ...I`d sure have to wonder if something went wrong during the surgery. It happens with people sometimes too.
I`m praying that he will have no long term effects! Keep us posted!

eatrawfish

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Update of the day:

I am cautiously optimistic. He is still very much off balance and wobbly, spending most of his time sleeping HOWEVER:

He is eating copious amounts of baby food, some dry food and water on his own (although I am still syringe feeding him to be sure he gets enough). He is still peeing on himself, but he is ALSO peeing in the litter box, and even managed to poop! It's funny how important these things can be.

I had an aunt diagnosed with “labyrinthitus†a few years ago. Not sure if this is always the case, but in her case it meant “well, you sure are dizzy and we don't know why.†My poor aunt couldn't watch tv or even read without getting nauseous for a couple months before it faded away.

To me it stands to reason that if they can't always figure these things out with people, it must be the same for animals. Maybe my foster kitten has labyrinthitus too. He certainly walks in circles and turns his head like the world is spinning around him.

But who really knows?

Will keep you updated.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor little guy! The progress does sound encouraging, though. He's a lucky kitten to have someone like you with the patience and perseverance to nurse him though this.
James continues to be in my thoughts, and I thank you for keeping us updated.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can the vet check to see if it is labyrinthitis? Poor little baby, I hope and pray that he continues to improve.

eatrawfish

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you guys so much for all the thoughts and prayers. It is so nice to be able to talk to people who understand just how much this matters to me, and that even though I've only had him a few weeks and still hope to adopt him out one day, I do love him very much and it hurts to see him like this.

Today I let him play a bit, and he had fun with his brothers who mostly took advantage of the fact that he is now disabled, but at least he seemed to enjoy it. He also played some with a toy.

Meanwhile I discovered that while I wasn't watching carefully enough Jane started throwing up and is now dehydrated. So now I am having to take special care of HER too. She is wrapped up in a blanket and purring on my lap right now.

Oy vey. I was supposed to relax this week.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, dear! I'm glad you picked up on it. Poor little Jane, I hope she feels better soon! And her brother James, too.

eatrawfish

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think this will be my final update to this thread unless anything major happens. I just wanted to let anyone who was thinking of him know that he seems a lot better.

That isn't to say he isn't still totally off balance, in fact, I'm not sure that has improved much.

But I think he is dealing with it better, and I actually saw him having fun this morning, which was the most important thing. I didn't know what I'd do if we had to put him to sleep because his life was too miserable. But today he came out to play instead of just laying in the cage, and explored my room and crept into the living room, and I even (gently) played with him with the feather toy, which he seemed to like.

We're going to get some acupuncture done on him (wild huh?) to see if that helps, and try to adopt him out with Francis who seems to also have some nuerological damage (to a lesser extent). I will continue to love and work on him until we find a good home for him.

My dehydrated kitten is also doing better.

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers. We can always use good thoughts, but I think the situation is now far less urgent.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You & your sweet kitties will remain in my thoughts.