Looking For An Artistic Hand To Draw Dewey

DeweytheLion

The Biggest Smallest Kitten
Adult Cat
Purraise
Since I have no artistic talent whatsoever, I decided I'd reach out to the TCS community about drawing a memorial portrait of the little kitten I recently lost. It can be traditional or digital, I don't have any special requests. I just really want this for him. Money isnt an issue if it's completely necessary.
Thank you in advance.
IMG_20170629_204924_345.jpg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so deeply sorry for the loss of your kitten, my heartfelt sympathies go out to you. :hugs: Although having an artistic background I haven't drawn anything for a number of years and animal or human portraits are not my area of expertise. Nowadays the only drawing I do is for our students at school, they are my best critics. :wink:

I wanted to bump your post up hoping someone with artistic talent or digital expertise would see it. Once again, my sincere condolences.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I have no artistic talent whatsoever, I decided I'd reach out to the TCS community about drawing a memorial portrait of the little kitten I recently lost. It can be traditional or digital, I don't have any special requests. I just really want this for him. Money isnt an issue if it's completely necessary.
Thank you in advance.
View attachment 186492
<3 ((((((((^^)))))))) <3 Fly free, whole, healthy, and forever Loved, tiny lionlet DEWEY. What a precious, precious little man. There are quite a few very talented artists here at TCS and I hope that one of them can create the perfect portrait of your sweet little guy. I am so very sorry for your loss of him, and I hope you know he watches over you until you can be together again in due time.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dabbled with oil painting but I suck at fur. My mom paints with oil and teaches a little. I'm sure if you looked locally you could find a local artist to commission a piece for you. Canvas alone can cost 25-45 (more for larger sizes or odd shaped... and that doesn't include a frame.) Also if you talked with the artist you could go over what color you want/would look good for a background, if you want to include flowers or your kitten's name. My heart goes out to you, I'm sorry for your loss.

Chris_Takas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i am so very sorry for your loss! my condolences! i usually draw landscapes with pencil/aquarelle but im on it. it night take a couple of days but its not forgotten!

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Omg what a little sweetiepie! It makes me so sad to know he had a short life, and I'm so sorry!

We had a member, a man, who had both his cats tattooed on his chest. They were amazingly lifelike! Breathtaking, even. And I don't really care much for tattoos either. Can anyone remember who this member is? Perhaps you might be interested in a tattoo?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

DeweytheLion

Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm going to be busy for a couple days but I just wanted to thank everyone who is offering, I couldn't thank enough!
I have tons of pictures if any of you need a few more!
Again, thank you. I had him around for 4 weeks, and although it's not incredibly long, it's definitely long enough to get attached. The shock has gone away, and I'm feeling less terrible about his passing, but he was a very special kitty that won't be forgotten.
He was a premie, so unlike most kittens, he needed to be fed every two hours until the time he passed. That means i spent much more time with him than I normally would with a foster... I was just amazed at how he pulled through every ailment! He was such a strong kitten!

DeweytheLion

Adult Cat
Purraise
Omg what a little sweetiepie! It makes me so sad to know he had a short life, and I'm so sorry!

We had a member, a man, who had both his cats tattooed on his chest. They were amazingly lifelike! Breathtaking, even. And I don't really care much for tattoos either. Can anyone remember who this member is? Perhaps you might be interested in a tattoo?
Actually I have gotten tattoos of the paw prints of the kitties that I've lost, I'm going to be adding his paw print this October!

DeweytheLion

Adult Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't mind trying, though my style is a bit cartoony and after years of drawing lions I just started to actively draw cats
I wouldn't mind a cartoon style! I am a firm believer in sticking true to your own art style

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
What a wonderful idea for a memorial to a sweet little kitty. My artistic skills are sadly lacking, so I probably won't have much to contribute here (I might still try to draw Dewey, but it probably won't come out very well), but I look forward to seeing what other TCS members draw!