Looking for 2 purebred kittens: Help with breed selection, please

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have a feather quilt on the bed? When Demetri came home his breeder warned me not to let him on any feather doona's until he knew where the litter box was. I put him in the litterbox a few times and he never had an accident.

Apparenlty it's quite common for kitts to pee on feather filled quilts.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

Do you have a feather quilt on the bed? When Demetri came home his breeder warned me not to let him on any feather doona's until he knew where the litter box was. I put him in the litterbox a few times and he never had an accident.

OMG! The first time I put Smudge on our bed he pooped all over the feather duvet! I was wondering what the deal was - and he never did it again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bahger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I think you might have nailed it right there missymotus. Odd, huh?

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Wow! My mystery solved then. Godiva used to like to pee on our bed... we've always had feather comforters. We still do, but we've moved and the litterboxes and their food are upstairs, and they only go up to our loft when we go up there, so she hasn't felt the need lately.

bab-ush-niik

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
FYI, plastic may not solve the problem. All of my cats have liked peeing on plastic sheets. Both Puppy and Bunny have impeccable litter manners, and their only "accidents" have been the plastic tarps we use for painting. I caught them both at it. We had several incidents, both during painting and afterwards when the tarps were folded in the basement. Princess and Patches were the same way, and my parents were just complaining that the neighbor's cat poo'd on the plastic sheet that was covering some outdoor furniture.