Lola has FIP

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The title says it all.

I am totally beside myself right now and could use all of the hope and vibes and prayers I could get that she doesn't suffer through this and that we can all...just get through this.

Thanks everyone.

She received a diuretic, and an anti-biotic shot and she's stable right now. But the doctor said he could tell from just drawing the blood that he's 99% sure we've got FIP. She's still eating and drinking and using the litterbox, so I don't think she's suffering just yet. I am hopeful that we still have some time together.

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! Thats so sad.... I couldn't even imagine it. Good luck to you and your baby...what a difficult thing to go through.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Does she have the wet or the dry? I went to an FIP Panel this weekend and would be happy to share with you all I learned via PM or email if you like?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry..... FIP what is it exactly??

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no! I am so sorry. Thank goodness she has such a wonderful and observant mommy like you. Me and Marlee will be thinking of you all, let us know how things go.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

Does she have the wet or the dry? I went to an FIP Panel this weekend and would be happy to share with you all I learned via PM or email if you like?
I'm not sure yet, the blood test results will be back in the morning. What I do know, is that she didn't have the same symptoms as Dear Smudge did. She had no eye infection or anything. No coughing, no eye goop. Just difficulty breathing and lethargy. so if that gives you any clues...

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that this is the likely diagnosis. If this is the case, then I hope you can enjoy her as long as possible.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry..... FIP what is it exactly??

Feline Infectious Peritonitis( FIP)

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. Sending good wishes that this is not the problem..

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One thing I learned when i sat in on this panel is that FIP kitties or cats do not have to be isolated as previously thought

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This breaks my heart!
Such an evil disease, and to affect another TCS kitty! I will be reading along as you keep us posted on her progress. It is hard to find words of comfort, but having been through it myself last year, at least I can say I do understand.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry! I hope you still have a lot of time together.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Allie, I',m so sorry. Lola would probably have different symptoms as Smudge because he had the Dry form and it sounds like she has the wet, maybe. It just breaks my heart that another person has to find out how horible a disease it is. Feel free to PM me any time. I'm a bit slow on the computer today as my son is in the hospital with a broken femur. Hugs, Kim

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry to hear this

Sending lots and lots of good vibes to Lola and you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all of your support, guys.

I'm just not looking forward to going through with this and having to deal with some inevitable decisions.

I'm hoping the board magic gives us some time together and a painless end to her short little life. I just feel so bad...she's just a kitten. I'm have so much trouble dealing with this.