little ferrel cat was attacked by racoon yesterday while eating please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meekie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so, so sorry to hear about Little Peanut. Of course you did the right thing! Think of how much worse her life would have been if you hadn't intervened. You were her Guardian Angel and I'm sure she took her fond thoughts and memories of you with her.

I put her picture on my desktop and will be thinking of the both of you.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. Any situation with an injured feral is fraught with so many variables that are not faced by those cats who have always lived as pets. Believe me, I have been there. You faced everything with her and fought very hard to help her. She knew that you loved her and that was what was most important to her. Thank you again for your great kindness to her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mylittlepeanut

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hello and thanks for your sympathy for Peanut.... I had a horrible accident someone crossed the line and hit me head on while coming back from getting Peanut from the
hospital. when i left the vets before the accident after surgery, she was sitting up and even turned around in the carrier. today 2 days after the accident i can hardly walk, my back, wrists, my ankles are black and blue and i had a seat belt on. poor Peanut did not and her carrier hit the back seat, I think that the impact from the head on
collision seriously hurt her. when i got home and put her in the cage she just fell over and never moved after that.i thought it was the anesthesia. I cant bring her back and i tried so hard, but from the racoon, the amputation and the horrible front end collision, she didnt have a chance. I tried to help her and it just wasnt to be. I truely loved her and will miss her. thanks for your kindness.

mylittlepeanut

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. Any situation with an injured feral is fraught with so many variables that are not faced by those cats who have always lived as pets. Believe me, I have been there. You faced everything with her and fought very hard to help her. She knew that you loved her and that was what was most important to her. Thank you again for your great kindness to her.
I am so, so sorry to hear about Little Peanut. Of course you did the right thing! Think of how much worse her life would have been if you hadn't intervened. You were her Guardian Angel and I'm sure she took her fond thoughts and memories of you with her.

I put her picture on my desktop and will be thinking of the both of you.
thanks for your kindness to my little baby. i had a terrible head on collision with someone on their phone. i am all busted up and i had a seat belt on . now that i remember when i got her at the vets, she was sitting up and turned around in the box. but after the accident when we got home she hardly moved . i was not thinking clearly after the impact. i think the impact seriously injured her. i refused to go to the hospital because i did not want
to leave her. I think she knows i never wanted to be away from her. balto county health dept came and took her away after she passed due to the racoon fight and bites to her they will let me know in a few days if she had rabies. i told them in ten days if she is not positive, take her to my vets so i could keep her ashes, so i could take her with me when i leave this earth. It is so kind of you to remember my little baby girl and keep a picture of her. she touched so many people she was an angel.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Please get any medical help that you may need for yourself. She was fighting so much that it is hard to tell if the accident played any part in her passing, so try not to dwell on that and keep remembering all you did and how she knew that you were her friend.

mylittlepeanut

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please get any medical help that you may need for yourself. She was fighting so much that it is hard to tell if the accident played any part in her passing, so try not to dwell on that and keep remembering all you did and how she knew that you were her friend.
I have to go for tests and xrays tomorrow i got a hip replacement last year , and i am in a lot of pain in both of them, cracked my
sternum, hands messed up ankles not good swollen knees bruised pretty bad, if i got that hurt with a seatbelt, peanut probably
broke her back in that carrier when it went flying, when she came out of the vets she actually stood up in carrier and turned around so she could see me she was struggling with the big collar, and she was sitting up. but when i took her out of the carrier when we got home after the accident, she just fell over and never moved for over a day til she died wed morning at about 6 am.
good news out of this horrible tradgedy,

she did not have rabies, the county came and tested her.

i am going to have her creamated and put her ashes in a little bottle and when i die she goes with me and my tiny chihuahua that died 3 years ago will also go with me.

i am still having a horrible time dealing with her gone. i miss her so.... i have a long haul ahead of me and i am old 75 so it is not going to be easy. sometimes you just wonder what was the reason this happened to us. never in a million years would i dream someone
would have hit me head on .I am having a hard time remembering things now. i thought it was over God looked out for me. but i am still broken hearted for Peanut.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am glad that you will be able to have Peanut's ashes with you. For me, that has always been a huge comfort. Again, please do whatever you need to do according to your doctors to recover from this. There will be a recovery period but hopefully once you are able to discuss your injuries with your doctor and receive treatment you will begin to mend.
I am not going to tell you stories which won't make you feel any better, but as someone who only deals with ferals and strays I have lost cats in heartbreaking and ironic ways. Peanut knew you loved her and that is much more than many ferals ever receive.

mylittlepeanut

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am glad that you will be able to have Peanut's ashes with you. For me, that has always been a huge comfort. Again, please do whatever you need to do according to your doctors to recover from this. There will be a recovery period but hopefully once you are able to discuss your injuries with your doctor and receive treatment you will begin to mend.
I am not going to tell you stories which won't make you feel any better, but as someone who only deals with ferals and strays I have lost cats in heartbreaking and ironic ways. Peanut knew you loved her and that is much more than many ferals ever receive.
thanks for making me feel a little better. I am so devastated from this i still cry. what were the odds that someone would have
hit me head on while I picked up my little baby girl Peanut, and she would have went flying in my car to the point that she
broke her back. I know that nothing will change anything and God does things for a reason. but I miss her so and was hopeing
to give her a good life, but that never happened. Poor little thing. I miss seeing her and her coming to me when i fed her.
I know in time things might improve. I am having all kind of bone problems and at my age. I am thankful i am alive from the crash. even though I know I will have surgeries ahead of me. I have been writing letters of thanks to all who have gone out of their way
to help my Little Peanut. She was an angel, God wanted her me than I did. It is something how a little angel like Peanut can leave
a lasting mark upon you. I have lost chihuahua dogs before and other small dogs, and it takes a long time to get over their loss.
I am an animal lover, and dont want my pets to have to endure pain. thanks again, for your kind words, they help at a time like this.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry I did not post in your thread before but I have been following along and reading about your precious Peanut. Words alone cannot express my sorrow. :sniffle: You touched something inside of all of us that comes from the heart - a deep love and compassion for animals. :hugs: If it wasn't for your dedication and perseverance Peanut would have never had a chance. You went above and beyond to give her that chance but it was more than her little body could handle. She is at the Bridge now and will live on in your memories forever. RIP dear, sweet angel. :angel:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
…and now for all the love you have shown other animals, they would wish you to love and take care of yourself. Here is hoping you heal, which takes patience and time. I hope you find many friends along the way.

mylittlepeanut

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thanks for all your support, this is a truely difficult time, and i am sure that you all have been there with your beloved pets and that you all are animal lovers. i dont know how to do the computer very well and had to take a picture from a picture of Peanut before all this happened to her. the only thing i can say is that Peanut caught my heart more than any other pet i have had. and i will deeply miss her my tiny little angel..
MVC-008S.JPG

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
This is a beautiful picture of Peanut and her relaxed posture shows how comfortable she was with you. Crying and expressing grief are necessary and are part of the healing process. Peanut will always be with you now, happy and healthy, in your heart. Again, take care of yourself so that you heal from your injuries.

mylittlepeanut

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I hope you will continue to post on TCS since you are a valuable member who can offer your experience and support to others. 🤗
And just in case you would like to post a picture in the future I thought this explanation would help you:
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post – TheCatSite Articles
thanks for your kind words, i miss her so....it will take a lot of time to get through this. i have a hard time looking outside where i use to feed her, it seems like she will be coming if i call her.

i have a time of it just to walk. i hope that things will start getting a little easier for me to move around. i will be seeing the dr who did my hip replacement to find our why it hurts so bad, and the other hip too. in a week or so. Peanut was such a loving baby, she was my little angel. i appreciate all the nice cat lovers who replied to this traumatic episode in our lives.

i know i cant bring her back, but i have made friends on this site, through my llittle angel Peanut. and i know that a lot of people that my angel touched even in her passing. you could not help buy love her. thank you for the info on posting a picture.... i really did not know how to do it, not good on computers..
May God watch over my little Peanut , and bless my caring Friends. .

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
You definitely have made friends here, and everyone understands your feelings about Peanut.

mylittlepeanut

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You definitely have made friends here, and everyone understands your feelings about Peanut.
thank you my friend, i think that loving a pet is a wonderful thing, a pet is a gift from God, and there is no better feeling than
knowing you have their unconditional love. I always felt that you dont choose a pet, that they choose you. the bond is so strong with our beloved furry friends. when i got my little chihuahua BooBoo 11 years ago, when i saw him, i felt like he had always been with me for ever and i had just seen him, and of course i brought him home with me. but i believe the bond was there right away. i felt the same way with Peanut, like she had been with me forever and she belonged with me. I know that all my friends on the Cat Site are very good people and very good furry parents and you all know what i mean, about having that unconditional bond with your furry children. I also think that no one knows you better than your little pet. since we talk to them and tell them everything they would know us better than anyone else. I just wish that i could have made Peanuts life nicer for her even just for a little while, before she left me. I hope she is in heaven watching me.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
The fact that you gave Peanut a bed and mat to relax on, food, and companionship were huge to her. For a feral who has not ever had a home, those were huge bonuses in her life and she probably thought that she had hit the jackpot. I agree with you that animals find us in some way; they seem to be able to read the energy of those who can help them or with whom they are meant to be.

The Cat Site team would like you to know that we are very sorry for your loss. Threads are locked after someone has suffered such a loss, as a sign of respect. We invite you to place a tribute to Peanut in our Crossing the Bridge forum as an enduring testimony to her.

Crossing the Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.