little ferrel cat was attacked by racoon yesterday while eating please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mylittlepeanut

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my little ferrel cat little peanut was attacked by a racoon yesterday neighbor broke up fight with broom racoon ran away, little peanut has looks like broken paw
i dont know what to do., the county stopped the spade neuter program during covid. so he didnt have shots, he is tiny and about 3 years old. can someone tell me if there is someone that can help him. been on phone all morning everyone closed. thanks joanne

Meekie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Did you look for an emergency vet clinic? They may be open on Sundays, but are more likely to be open overnight.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mylittlepeanut

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my little ferrel cat little peanut was attacked by a racoon yesterday neighbor broke up fight with broom racoon ran away, little peanut has looks like broken paw
i dont know what to do., the county stopped the spade neuter program during covid. so he didnt have shots, he is tiny and about 3 years old. can someone tell me if there is someone that can help him. been on phone all morning everyone closed. thanks joanne
I have called all day but no one is open til monday.... there is a pet er but they are very expensive and it would probably be over 1500 dollars and if you dont have the money they wont treat the animal. i am on s.s. I wish i had the money i would take her. i will call natural resources tomorrow about the racoon. I will call pet rescue too no one answers today... i left a lot of messages today hope someone calls me tomorrow. Pray for the little peanut cat. thanks

Meekie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm on SS too so I can sympathize.

Rescue groups sometimes operate 24/7. Keep calling. Try a number of them as some will not return your call if they are unable to help.

If it is indeed a broken foot, peanut will probably be OK until tomorrow. Can you scoop her up and keep her somewhere safe? I'd say that is the most important thing to do right now as a small injured cat needs to be protected from predators and other cats.

If you have no luck finding help today, try first thing in the morning. I know my vet clinic reserves early morning hours for emergencies and such. Keep us posted!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he hasn't been immunized they might quarantine him for rabies. Hopefully, his paw is just bit and hurt, not broken. This is horrible, I will definitely pray for your little boy......

mylittlepeanut

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm on SS too so I can sympathize.

Rescue groups sometimes operate 24/7. Keep calling. Try a number of them as some will not return your call if they are unable to help.

If it is indeed a broken foot, peanut will probably be OK until tomorrow. Can you scoop her up and keep her somewhere safe? I'd say that is the most important thing to do right now as a small injured cat needs to be protected from predators and other cats.

If you have no luck finding help today, try first thing in the morning. I know my vet clinic reserves early morning hours for emergencies and such. Keep us posted!
hello thanks, unfortunately they stopped vacinating and neutering during the covid. I put it in Gods hands, it is his creature and i hope that he will let me enjoy the little peanut. i took this picture 3 hours ago. she is having a hard time walking . it is her foot to the left of the picture and the racoon tore some hair off her back hip.

Attachments

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you in an area where rabies vaccines are required for exposure to animal bites? If so you should trap and quarantine this cat in case it was exposed to rabies. Raccoons can carry rabies which must be reported in some areas.

Raccoons and public health

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Contact rescues to see if anyone is able to help him. Many do have TNR programs and can do the vetting if your willing to keep caring for him.

mylittlepeanut

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Are you in an area where rabies vaccines are required for exposure to animal bites? If so you should trap and quarantine this cat in case it was exposed to rabies. Raccoons can carry rabies which must be reported in some areas.

Raccoons and public health
yes Maryland if you are bit you need rabies shots. i have the video of the racoon, it doesnt look sick and my neighbor chased it and it ran fast and jumped over a fence and up a hill. good sign that it may not have been rabid. it was definitely looking for food. i am going to put out a trap hope i catch the racoon then i will call natural resources and see if it has rabies. my little peanut needs all the prayers she can get. i know that she is more Gods little creature than mine. she stays very close to her little mat in the driveway and her catbox in my driveway. she is never far from the house. I will be watching her. Please pray for her. i will keep you posted. thank you very much

Meekie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Can you put her in the garage or a shed or something? Like I said, a small, injured cat should not be left to fend for itself overnight. That racoon is still at large.

Meekie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you! Now we'll all sleep better!

She's lucky to have you!

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
If her leg is injured she is very vulnerable, it could get infected, she could be hit by a car, or unable to outrun another animal. If you are able to get her in the shed you should be able to get her in a crate baited with food. Use sardines or salmon or fancy feast or some other really smelly food. Then close the door behind her.

Make sure there's no cracks or windows she could escape from and remove any lawnmowers or hedge clippers or other things that could hurt her.

mylittlepeanut

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! Now we'll all sleep better!

She's lucky to have you!
Hello, update... I prayed and asked God to help Peanut, my vet told me to call Street Kitty Fund <[email protected]>
these people need to be comended for all they do to help animals and they set me up with an animal hospital today. her leg was amputated, it was dislocated fractured in a few places and massive
racoon bites, a lot of infection. her front leg was abcessed and was given a lot of antibiotics for 14 days. she was shaved on one
side. she is out of it, they gave her a pain blocker for 72 hours, they cleaned her up with some type of antibiotic cleaner, so not to have any racoon blood or spit on her. i have the heat on in the shed bought her a 6 ft cage 4 ft high and 4 ft wide put in a ton of blankets and a heating pad God bless her. she has a huge collar on bigger than her. but that was the smallest one. I can only say thanks to the people at showyoursoftside.org and for
their helping the tiny Peanut. Her other leg will get better when the infection goes away. and she will no longer be a feral cat after
4 months quarantine she will be in my house and safe. she must have been in a horrible pain .

I love her so.. May I say thank you and everyone who prayed for her. It did work and now she has quite a recovery and will go back to get the stitches out in 14 days, and probably more antibiotics for her til she is free from infection. thanks to the showyoursoftside.org and the Street Kitty Fund, my bill was only a few dollars.. Actually they are people that care about animals and have helped me sooo much and everything was done in 15 minutes to be approved. What wonderful people ..

I bellieve she is a tough little girl, to fight off that large racoon, she will make it. Thank you God for all you have done for us. I will give updates on my little Peanut.

Meekie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You've done a wonderful thing for her and I'm sure she will always be super special to you.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
You have done a remarkable job in caring for Peanut. It is wonderful that your vet referred you to the Street Kitty Fund; however, it is your kind heart that made you take the first step to be her champion.

Three legged animals get along just fine as indoor only pets. I had a GSD who had only three legs for the last 4 years of his life. There is a website/support group at tripawds.com which is specifically for three legged animals in case you have very specific questions. However, once Peanut is healed, she should be able to start her new life with you.

mylittlepeanut

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You have done a remarkable job in caring for Peanut. It is wonderful that your vet referred you to the Street Kitty Fund; however, it is your kind heart that made you take the first step to be her champion.

Three legged animals get along just fine as indoor only pets. I had a GSD who had only three legs for the last 4 years of his life. There is a website/support group at tripawds.com which is specifically for three legged animals in case you have very specific questions. However, once Peanut is healed, she should be able to start her new life with you.
hello I thanked my vet for the Street Kitty Fund, i will start donating money to them, instead of the people i called who would not help me or return my calls, at least i know that there is help for your animal when you dont have much money and want to keep them alive.. thanks for the info for the 3 leg site. i would do anything to help her. she is just starting to come out of anesthesia. she just started to drink a little with a syringe . she has a plastic collar on it is too big and that is the smallest the vet had. i did order a small one and hope that it fits her better . she is afraid she doesnt realize her leg is going yet. . it is hard for her to drink or eat must stay on for 14 days til stitches come out in amputated leg. and she needs to be quarrantined for 4 months before i can bring her in the house. but i check on her pretty much on the hour most of the day. she is comfortable and warm and has a lot of room and is safe. i dont want her to ever go outside again.

mylittlepeanut

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hello I thanked my vet for the Street Kitty Fund, i will start donating money to them, instead of the people i called who would not help me or return my calls, at least i know that there is help for your animal when you dont have much money and want to keep them alive.. thanks for the info for the 3 leg site. i would do anything to help her. she is just starting to come out of anesthesia. she just started to drink a little with a syringe . she has a plastic collar on it is too big and that is the smallest the vet had. i did order a small one and hope that it fits her better . she is afraid she doesnt realize her leg is going yet. . it is hard for her to drink or eat must stay on for 14 days til stitches come out in amputated leg. and she needs to be quarrantined for 4 months before i can bring her in the house. but i check on her pretty much on the hour most of the day. she is comfortable and warm and has a lot of room and is safe. i dont want her to ever go outside again.

hello to all my cat friends and thanks for your prayers.
it was the heaviest heart i have ever had and the biggest broken heart, that i tell you my Little Peanut, died this morning. I know that
she must have been suffering horribly, and God said this is enough my little one. I have never had an animal like this little angel touch my heart so. I truely truely loved my little Peanut, I know she is in the hands of God, and hope God helps me through this horrible
time with my broken heart. IF I SPELL THINGS WRONG IT IS BECAUSE I CAN HARDLY SEE THROUGH THE TEARS. I dont want to make this about me.
This little ANGEL of God, left a huge mark on me and my boyfriend and my neighbors, I came home and Peanut was sitting on a
dog bed outside like a little queen. I would call Peanut, Peanut, and she would always come to me. my little Angel, I pray that I
did the right thing trying to help her. I LOVED THIS LITTLE ANGEL WITH MY WHOLE HEART, I WOULD NEVER NEVER HAVE
DONE ANYTHING TO HURT HER. I WAS HOPEING THAT I COULD BRING HER IN AFTER THE QUARANTINE WAS OVER
AND GIVE HER A NICE HOME AND SHE WOULD FINALLY BE SAFE! We never got that chance, PLEASE REMEMBER ME, THAT I TRIED TO MAKE YOU LIVE LIKE A QUEEN FOR YOUR FEW SHORTS DAYS, WITH HEAT BLANKETS A NICE PLACE AWAY FROM DANGER, AND MOST OF ALL.. ALL OF MY LOVE THAT I HAD IN MY HEART. SORRY MY LOVE DIDNT SAVE YOU. PEANUT will forever be in my heart
everyday of my life til my last breathe.
I MISS YOU LITTLE ANGEL, I MISS YOU PEANUT, MOM WISHES I COULD HAVE SAVED
YOUR LIFE AFTER SUCH A HORRIBLE LIFE YOU HAD. I DONT THINK ANYONE WILL EVER KNOW THE HARD LIFE THESE
LITTLE ANGELS HAVE FOR JUST BEING BORN. AND WHEN THEY CAPTURE YOUR HEART YOU WISH YOU HAD HIT THE LOTTERY AND COULD HAVE PROVIDED LOVE AND HEALTHCARE FOR THEM. AND MADE JUST A PART OF THEIR LIFE
TIME SOMETHING GREAT AND KIND FOR THEM. I KNOW THAT I WILL SOMEHOW IN TIME GET THROUGH THIS, BUT
RIGHT NOW I AM TELLLING YOU ALL WHAT A STRONG AND WONDERFUL ANGEL I WAS BLESSED WITH TO HAVE TIME WITH, AND EVEN THOUGH IT WAS SHORT, THE LITTLE PEANUT HAS MY HEART WITH HERS. MAY GOD TAKE CARE OF
MY ANGEL. PLEASE TELL YOUR FRIENDS WHEN THEY SEE A STRAY TO PRAY FOR IT AND HOPE THAT SOMEONE SOMEWHERE WILL HELP IT IN ITS SHORT LIFETIME. GOODBYE TO MY BABY GIRL, YOUR MOM REALLY LOVED YOU.
AND I WANT TO ALWAYS THINK OF YOU ON THE LITTLE DOG BED WAITING FOR ME TO COME HOME AND TO FEED HER. THE FAVORITE THING SHE LOVED... CHICKEN BROTH AND CHICKEN BREAST. GOD MAKE SURE YOU FEED HER THESE THINGS, SINCE SHE LOVED THEM SO. AND MAKE SURE YOU KEEP HER WARM WITH BLANKETS. MY LITTLE ANGELS, NAME WAS P E A N U T.... PLEASE REMEMBER THIS TRIBUTE TO HER, THROUGH THE DAYS, AND HOW A LITTLE TINY STRAY ANGEL HAD STOLEN MY HEART. LOVE YOU MY BABY, YOUR MOTHER, TIL WE MEET AGAIN. JOANNE.

Status
Not open for further replies.