Like A Heatwave

kittypa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like they need a bit of Advantage flea killer . . . .
I wouldn't know how to get it on them. They are not pets. I TNR'd one guy last week so he got a dose while he was at the vet. The other guy will get the same if I can trap him. He has been difficult so far. That leaves Mama Kitty. She will let me pet her sometimes, but it takes a little more than that to get the Advantage on them. Right now I'm fighting the fleas with a variety of yard treatments.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't know how to get it on them. They are not pets. I TNR'd one guy last week so he got a dose while he was at the vet. The other guy will get the same if I can trap him. He has been difficult so far. That leaves Mama Kitty. She will let me pet her sometimes, but it takes a little more than that to get the Advantage on them. Right now I'm fighting the fleas with a variety of yard treatments.
Yeah, I know the feeling. One of my kitties, the infamous Zika hates getting flea treatment to the point of biting and scratching. So, I have to sneak up on her . . . . in all her fuzzy snowshoeosity.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Nine days ago: 29.5 pounds of sun kitties with 101°F and 1% humidity outside. Not much sun making it through the smoke today from all of the fires in Oregon. Air quality index reads 167 or “unhealthy.” Welcome to July and August in southern Oregon!
5178CA32-B493-4A92-B0DB-546E984469F9.jpeg

View from our deck today:
7B8C7AFB-7B75-4555-A433-EF4E189C5B0D.jpeg

View 10 months of the year:
6490BE9B-EFDC-4A24-BD9A-BF97EE1C812E.jpeg

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 244733
Honeybee still goes outside when its hot as heck

View attachment 244734
Honeybee sleeping inside the lilac bushes when its hot out

View attachment 244735
The week after her haircut and it was 94 outside. She was sprawled out waiting for the air conditioning to work.
foxxycat foxxycat - I Love that Bee Kitty, but her tail looks like an afterthought here.

Michelangelo: "Look dear; I am paint a beautiful kitty!"

Mrs. Buonarroti: "But kitty has no tail."

<swish swish>

Michelangelo: "Happy now?"

FlawlessImperfection

Life isn’t perfect, and it’s lovely that way. ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
94º F here one day last week. Scottiecat was like a limp, furry dishrag even in the early morning hours - but still wouldn't leave her windowsill.

View attachment 240914

As the sunlight changed positions, Scottiecat changed windowsills, sucking up the last rays, as Moo Shu - accustomed as she is to the fires of Hell - sprawled on the sunny counter top as if to say, "must lie in sunshine because someone turned off the heats!"

View attachment 240915
LOL! Poor Moo Shu!
And ScottieCat melting like a snow cone in, well- Summer:sweat: