Lexi has cancer....

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, poor Lexi; I can't imagine how hard it would be to get used to losing a leg. Has your vet told you what to expect from a cat in these circumstances? It would worry me that she isn't drinking. How has she been with the litter box? I'm just wondering how she manages. Maybe that's why she isn't drinking?

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just saw this thread. Sending lots and lots of ~*~*~vibes~*~*~ for a speedy recovery for Lexi and ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) for you.

I hope she starts drinking soon.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
for Lexi.
If she's eating the wet food she won't need as much water. If you really think she's not getting enough, maybe you could add a little warm water to her food so she'll get it all at once.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She goes into the litterbox just fine, but only if I put it in my room. Otherwise, I carry her to it. She won't go on her own yet.

I have been feeding her wet food since that is what she will eat.
My vet gave me a syringe so I have been giving her water that way. I figure until she is back to normal (or as normal as can be) that I will have to help her until she figures it out.

As long as she eats and drinks I am not too worried right now.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When Flowerbelle was so sick we had to do the same thing - bring her food and water, and carry her to the litterbox.

Glad she's eating and using the box! Those are all good signs.

Continued to both of you!

jalindal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had to do the same thing with Mackerel- offer her food and drink, carry her to the litter box... I'm sure you're spending lots of time with her, coddling her. Give her a hug and some fuss from me.

Lexi

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aw your poor sweetie, I was wondering too if she was still on pain meds? I am sure she is confused as well about what is going on and she will just need some extra TLC which you are giving her, you need some TLC too
. I am sure this is very hard on you. for Lexi's continued recovery

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How is Lexi doing? Sending more 'get-well-soon' to your liitle girl.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hoping Lexi's doing okay and she's getting some fluids.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keeping Lexi in my prayers for a quick and uneventful recovery! She should be up and around in no time. Cats are remarkably resilient.....just one of their many endearing qualities.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her last pain med was on sunday and since then she has become more aware of me being around. She will start purring when she sees me, or when I pet her. She has been staying with me at night like she used to - trying to figure out how to lie down with me.

I think that she is starting to slowly try and move and figure things out. I still keep her away from the others during the day until she can find another "safe" spot and is able to get up there on her own.

She goes in next week to have the staples taken out.

I hope that she will continue to try to do things on her own. Right now she is sleeping on my lap as I type this so she seems pretty content at the moment.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry I am late to this thread. But offering get well fast vibes to Lexi.

Lexi

There are two tripod cats living at my vet clinic, one missing a front leg and one missing a hind, and they are both very happy well adjusted cats.

Canned food is better for her anyway, so keep giving it to her!

jalindal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad to hear that Lexi's doing well. :-) I'd love to see some pics if you have any? She sounds like she's enjoying being coddled and looked after by you!

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Continued prayers for Lexi and you. It seems she is feeling much better.

I am glad she is sleeping with you again. She is such a precious little one.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still sending those "get-well-soon" for Lexi. Thanks for the update; I'd been wondering about your baby.