Lexi has cancer....

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad the surgery went well! Many many vibes for a wonderful recovery, and 100% cancer free long life with mommy!

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wonderful news. You sound so relieved! Try and get some sleep tonight...I know it will be rough for you without your little love, but she'll soon be back in bed with you!!!!

Take care,

Cally

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AM glad she is doing so well, it really is amazing how well they bounce back from something so major.

jalindal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No news? Come on Duchess, we want to hear how she's doing!
Don't keep us hanging.

All jokes aside, I hope she's doing well at the vet and that she can come home soon. I think it will be 'tomorrow' your time (timezones are so confusing!) that she comes home, and we can't wait to hear how she does. Lots of from me to you and Lexi.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jalindal

No news? Come on Duchess, we want to hear how she's doing!
Don't keep us hanging.

All jokes aside, I hope she's doing well at the vet and that she can come home soon. I think it will be 'tomorrow' your time (timezones are so confusing!) that she comes home, and we can't wait to hear how she does. Lots of from me to you and Lexi.
Originally Posted by LDG

Will she be coming home tonight?
I'm sorry! Have been busy trying to get things changed over from my dad, taking care of her at the same time on top of work.

Anyway, I did pick her up tonight and brought her home. She seems to be doing ok - just sleeping a lot which is fine with me. Means she won't feel the pain all the time.
They gave her another dose of pain killer before I left so that I didn't have to bug her again tonight.

They were all so very happy at the vet and they kept reassuring me that she would be just like a 4-legged cat, but better! I wonder if they have many people who choose not to go that route since they were so estatic that she would be going home to have a long life - hopefully!

I would pay whatever it would cost to fix anything that any of my cats had if it is within my power to do so. When they can no longer be repaired - or the cost of repair is beyond the benefit that is when I have to consider what is best for them.

I have never had a 3 legged cat so this will be a totally new experience for me. There is no doubt in my mind that she is still the same loving cat.

I'll try to post some pictures of her once she heals up and you can see what she looks like now.

Thanks again for all your support!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So glad to hear the surgery went well and Lexi is back home with you
. Aw the poor sweet little darling, she will carry on just fine, you will be amazed at how resilient and strong Lexi will be.
prayers and love go out to you and Lexi...

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad to read that Lexi is home! Sending loads and loads of healing to your sweet girl.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad Lexi is doing so well. Continued prayers for her to recover and get back under those covers!

jalindal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear Lexi's doing well and at home now.
I bet she recovers a billion times faster now she's at home with her Meowmy!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Am glad she is home. She should be fine, just might need a little help with certain things - i sometimes had to scratch pebbles ear for her and she might struggle with grooming a bit. You will also need to monitor her weight as it will put a lot of pressure on her other joints. Pebbles managed fine with litter tray, and jumping although she lost a back leg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So she has been home for a few days now. She won't eat on her own, but if I giver her a plate of wet food - she will eat it. I figure as long as she is eating something it is better than nothing at all.

She won't drink on her own either. I will have to try to get some water in her so she doesn't become dehydrated.

I know she is trying to come to terms with what happened and I hope that she will do a little better next week.

She purrs everytime I pet her and talk to her so I try to keep her company as much as I can. Bless her little heart.