Lexi Crossed the Bridge today...........5/10/2000 - 6/29/2016

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggiemay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I'm sending you sympathy all the way from London. We know how you feel here so so much. Its the hardest decision. The hardest of the hard but its done from a place of big love.

I'm glad you got to spend that last bit of special time together. 

She really looked like a special cat...
Kate, thank you so much for this.  Your words mean a lot, especially as you are grieving the loss of Eddie yourself..  I am including a link to one of the most beautiful, comforting posts I've ever read on TCS.  It was written 5 years ago by a fellow Brit, but it is timeless in its truth and wisdom.  http://www.thecatsite.com/t/237066/when-the-moment-comes   This is for you and Hope, @2Cats4everLoved  

Last edited:

dittybitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I'm sending you sympathy all the way from London. We know how you feel here so so much. Its the hardest decision. The hardest of the hard but its done from a place of big love.

I'm glad you got to spend that last bit of special time together. 

She really looked like a special cat...
Thank you so much...she truly was a special baby (but aren't they all) ... :)

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful, descriptive tribute to such a wonderful, sweet little girl! Lexi would not have wanted to go on so full of fear and pain with something that would have only brought more,  she depended on those she loved to bring her peace and to let her spirit soar. That she got to spend 16 wonderful years with your daughter is an inspiration to us all, there are so many that leave us way too early and much too young. My heart goes out to your daughter, a broken heart takes so very long to heal and it always leaves a scar to remind us of our loss. Try to console her with the facts that she shared 16 years with a special companion, and the bond they formed will always be there, it is something that can never be taken away.  Lexi would never want her to be sad because of her, she wants only happiness and sunshine for the one she loved the most on this earth, and she will continue to send that love as long as your daughter is alive, it will be held in her heart forever. Hold on to those precious memories you have, they will comfort you in the years to come, one day you will be able to smile again and think fondly of your time together. Your daughter is lucky to have someone there to support her during this time of grieving, it helps to talk to people who understand what you are going through. Please know I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers, take care.........RIP beautiful Lexi, your star will shine bright in the heavens as you lay warm and safe on the laps of angels!

maggiemay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

What a beautiful, descriptive tribute to such a wonderful, sweet little girl! Lexi would not have wanted to go on so full of fear and pain with something that would have only brought more,  she depended on those she loved to bring her peace and to let her spirit soar. That she got to spend 16 wonderful years with your daughter is an inspiration to us all, there are so many that leave us way too early and much too young. My heart goes out to your daughter, a broken heart takes so very long to heal and it always leaves a scar to remind us of our loss. Try to console her with the facts that she shared 16 years with a special companion, and the bond they formed will always be there, it is something that can never be taken away.  Lexi would never want her to be sad because of her, she wants only happiness and sunshine for the one she loved the most on this earth, and she will continue to send that love as long as your daughter is alive, it will be held in her heart forever. Hold on to those precious memories you have, they will comfort you in the years to come, one day you will be able to smile again and think fondly of your time together. Your daughter is lucky to have someone there to support her during this time of grieving, it helps to talk to people who understand what you are going through. Please know I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers, take care.........RIP beautiful Lexi, your star will shine bright in the heavens as you lay warm and safe on the laps of angels!
Oh, thank you for this!  I don't believe I have ever read one of your posts that did not touch my heart.  You have such a gift for offering comfort, and an incredibly beautiful way with words.  This is much appreciated. Yes, that little Lexi was such a wonderful girl, very good and sweet and kind, tiny and silky and beautiful..  I read something this morning about animals who can no longer use their back legs feeling especially vulnerable, and although I have no doubt that my daughter chose the ultimate loving option yesterday, I find comfort in learning that Lexi has also been freed from the vulnerability she must have felt without the use of those back legs.   I felt just horrible for my daughter (and a bit for me because I loved this little girl too), but I felt such relief and happiness that Lexi is free of any and all fear, pain, confusion and vulnerability.  I find great peace in that.  

maggiemay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Lexi.
@Brokenheart  I know that you very recently lost your own beloved boy. I just read about you sleeping on the floor at night, holding his paw as he lay under the bed.  That's love, sweetie.   I want to offer my heartfelt condolences to you.  You will be in my prayers.  And I wanted to thank you so very much for the link to Gareth's post, When the Moment Comes.  What a lovely thing to share.  You gave your boy the ultimate loving gift, but you know that.  We all have to get through those first terrible weeks and months before we can even think clearly.  And we never stop missing them, because they were unique, they were our dear friends and they were our babies.  Thinking of you in this difficult time.  Hugs, honey.

maggiemay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I am so sorry for your loss!  She was a beautiful girl!
Thank you for posting on Lexi's thread.  My daughter and I both are fellow cat herders and pooper scoopers, so you just gave me a laugh that I needed - the thought of herding cats makes me laugh every time.  Thank you!

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
@MaggieMay  you are quite welcome, I am truly sorry.  The loss of our old Fuzziecat is still very fresh (she was 19), so I feel the pain daily too.  It's so hard. 

Just glad I can make you smile!  That's my official job title at the house!

maggiemay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

@MaggieMay  you are quite welcome, I am truly sorry.  The loss of our old Fuzziecat is still very fresh (she was 19), so I feel the pain daily too.  It's so hard. 

Just glad I can make you smile!  That's my official job title at the house!
I'm so sorry you lost your precious Fuzziecat.  I lost one who was almost 19.   That was almost 5 years ago.  They are NEVER forgotten, but it becomes possible to remember them so much more with smiles and joy than with tears; it just takes time.  Yes I loved your "job title."  I've called myself a Cat Slave for many years now. lol

dittybitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Thank you so very much!  This is so beautiful it brought tears to my eyes...I told my baby that I would gladly take on her pain and suffering if she could be free...I admit, I was praying for a miracle but God was ready for her to come Home...so I did what I knew I had to do...take on her pain and suffering and set her free.

dittybitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Lexi.
I just read that you too recently lost your baby...I am so very sorry for your loss...letting go is the hardest thing ever...praying for you to find peace and comfort during this time <3

Last edited:

dittybitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I am so sorry for your loss!  She was a beautiful girl!
Thank you so much...I was reading through the comments and see that you have recently lost a baby  too...am so very sorry for your loss as well...they certainly do wrap themselves around out hearts!

dittybitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm very sorry for your loss. Lexi was beautiful on the outside - and from the sounds of it, on the inside as well. Rest in peace, little one.
Thank you so much!  She was a very special little girl 

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@DittyBitty and @MaggieMay,

I'm so sorry for your loss.  
  Lexi was such a cutie and that picture of her is just precious. You were so brave to take away her pain and make it your own. It's such a difficult decision, and I recently had to do the same for the feline love of my life, Sebastian. My thoughts are with you both.

Rest in peace, little Lexi girl.