Let's stay active together!!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Feralvr

I am sitting here posting, thinking I really should be working off dinner and drinks from last night

I workout five days a week. AND I HATE it. But I feel so good after doing it. We have a treadmill and an eliptical. I use the FIRM tapes/videos for my workouts. Have done those for twenty years on and off. I have some of the original video tapes from the FIRM. But like the later DVD workouts. It is usually about 45 minutes to an hour. I also like to walk and bike ride. Don't start that until Spring. HURRY UP SPRING, I am getting fat
You know, I loved the FIRM tapes! I have three of them now along with the TransFirmer stools, whatever they're called, and I was using them fairly faithfully until I had knee surgery last year. Now I'm afraid to use them because of the bouncing (the cardio DVDs, especially) and because of some of the positions they use.....I'm so afraid I'm going to hurt the knee again. But they're a wonderful way to exercise.

I'm like you....I hate exercising while I'm exercising. But when it's over, I feel so good.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I did a 40 minute Insanity workout (Cardio and balance) ... it mine and my friend's first time doing Insanity, and we just picked a disc from the box...and we couldn't believe that this one was for the "recovery" week
And then some stretching afterward.

Today I have to get on the treadmill for at least 30 mins (told myself I would), and do my splits stretching "routine".

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went on a 4 mile hike today at this awesome hiking trail, it was so much fun!! The 4 miles took about an hour.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I went to the gym after 2 days of no workouts other than walking around campus to get to my classes.
I did 60 glute extentions, 60 hip abductions, 30 knee raises, 40 crunches, and 20 reps on this tricep and pec machine, and some calf extentions......I feel like it was still not enough though, I barely felt any burn, not sure why, even though the weight was the same as usual...
I also tried to do some chin ups, but I am not nearly strong enough yet

I also did 30 minutes of cardio on the elliptical...
Tomorrow I have a really nice workout planned that's a combination of cardio and strength training with nothing but body weight...I am excited, because it's a pretty challenging one.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tonight is my exercise night, which includes lifting weights, doing exercises, and doing crunches. That will take about 90 minutes to get everything done. I do that three times a week, sometimes four, depending on how I feel.

Every day, I walk 2.2 miles outside. Every night, I go for a mile on the elliptical. And I do 125 crunches on the Ab Lounger.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Will be heading downstairs to the torture chamber soon. Workout to one of the FIRM tapes. Can't wait for warmer temps to get out and walk and bike ride. I am thinking of joining Jazzercise, but just a thought. I used to go many, many moons ago. It might be fun again to workout with others. Not sure if I like that idea anymore. I could never go to one of those gyms with everyone working out around me. Not for me
I get too crabby sometimes when I am working out
. My DH calls my workouts "B****ercise"

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Winchester

You know, I loved the FIRM tapes! I have three of them now along with the TransFirmer stools, whatever they're called, and I was using them fairly faithfully until I had knee surgery last year. Now I'm afraid to use them because of the bouncing (the cardio DVDs, especially) and because of some of the positions they use.....I'm so afraid I'm going to hurt the knee again. But they're a wonderful way to exercise.

I'm like you....I hate exercising while I'm exercising. But when it's over, I feel so good.
That's cool!! I have the transformer stools too, and they have the sculpting stick workouts too. Those are good as well. The FIRM really does work, it is a tough workout. Try that new " FIRM 500 Calorie Workout" - LOVE IT!!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone heard of this girl from www.bodyrock.tv?? She looks AMAZING!! I am going to do one of her workouts today!!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, not heard of her!! But will look her up and give it a try. Let me know how you like the workout?!

I am heading down again to hit the FIRM 500 calorie workout. Tough one... Have a great day all

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Renewed my gym mebership yesterday. I've been doing classes of rthe last year, but it's just not working in my schedule, so back to the gym with my mps player.

Last night I ran for 20min on the elliptical - 1.8 miles, then did 15min of kettlebells with a mid-range weight. I'm a bit sore today, but considering going back for aonther workout when I get off work this aftenoon.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Keep up the workouts!!! Hard as it may be and a little sore is alright. If you go and workout and stretch those sore muscles, they will feel better afterwards. Today is my day off from workouts
. Shopping with hubby today

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I was on my feet all day running around like a crazy person at work. Does that count??
I was thinking the same thing. I walk for 8 hours a day and during that time climb up and down ladders, lift heavy objects and pound things with hammers. My leg and arm muscles are stronger than they have been in 35 years. I can eat like a piggie and am still losing weight since I started this job. Some people use water jugs or cans to add weight when they exercise. I lift 2 gallon buckets in both hands to add weight. And I do this all day long.

At home I work on muscles that don't get exercised at work. Mostly side leg lifts and stretching exercises on my waistline.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I was thinking the same thing. I walk for 8 hours a day and during that time climb up and down ladders, lift heavy objects and pound things with hammers. My leg and arm muscles are stronger than they have been in 35 years. I can eat like a piggie and am still losing weight since I started this job. Some people use water jugs or cans to add weight when they exercise. I lift 2 gallon buckets in both hands to add weight. And I do this all day long.

At home I work on muscles that don't get exercised at work. Mostly side leg lifts and stretching exercises on my waistline.
Sounds to me like you can opt out of exercise, you do it all day long

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Feralvr

Ok, I am going to try this workout!!! Sounds really good and I need something new and fresh to motivate me
Let me know how you like it!! I don't have a sandbag, it's easy to make but I haven't bothered so I just used dumb bells instead of the sandbag that she uses in the video.

I haven't felt like going to the gym lately so I'm just doing these workouts at home instead, today I'll do another one..

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to the gym today, did 60 minutes on the treadmill, around 3.5 and elevation of 10%. Usually I split between treadmill and elliptical, but lost track of time reading a magazine, so I just stuck to the treadmill. I have an elliptical here that I use so I figured that was okay. Then I did some of the machines, but no idea what they're called. I don't do it enough that's for sure, and usually only get to the gym once a week, and elliptical here a couple times a week. I really want to ramp it up, but hard to find the time.

By the way, for those doing the insanity workout, a friend of mine did them and she looks incredible. I don't have it in me to even think about trying them.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

Let me know how you like it!! I don't have a sandbag, it's easy to make but I haven't bothered so I just used dumb bells instead of the sandbag that she uses in the video.

I haven't felt like going to the gym lately so I'm just doing these workouts at home instead, today I'll do another one..
Dumbells will work just fine in place of the sand bags!!! I don't like the gym, I prefer to workout at home. Will let you know how it goes with that workout!! Boy, I just can't wait
: HAHAHAHA

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I didn't get any exercise in over the weekend, unless you count housework. We were just too busy.

I got outside over lunch today for my 2.2 miles.