Top Cat
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Very nice! :clap::clap:

Anyone else have pictures of their decorations?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Very nice pictures! 

Our tree did not get done last night. We're hoping to get to it tonight (but I wouldn't hold my breath, the way things are going around here).

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Very nice pictures! 

Our tree did not get done last night. We're hoping to get to it tonight (but I wouldn't hold my breath, the way things are going around here).
We have to see a picture of the tacky white tree.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Aw, Denice! 
 I don't know that we're putting it up this year. The cats have pretty much broken the lower branches now and it doesn't look all that great anymore. I miss it, but we're not sure how to put it up so that it still looks good. 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
OK, I'm ready! I want to decorate the kitchen window, but not sure how or with what. I want to decorate the fan light over the table and I'm not sure with what. And I want to decorate more up above the cabinets in the kitchen, but not sure how and with what. We have cats and that makes it difficult. Mollipop loves to jump up above the cabinets; we put really pretty garland up there last year, only to come home and find it on the counter and the floor....with pieces bitten/clawed off of it. So it's hard to figure out how to do stuff and not have the cats tear everything up.

We should get the stockings up on the stair railing, too. Again, we did that up last year with some garland, only to have the cats destroy it, so it's not easy. 

Must put my Christmas thinking cap on! 

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is Mollipop the one that loudly got into things late at night last year?  There was something about a sleigh that somehow didn't get broken.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been waiting to finish decorating to take pictures.  My tree has been up but I just haven't gotten around to the rest of it.  I've done a little here and a little there; but not finished.  

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Hi Judy! 
 Once we're finished, I'll take some pictures. I've been holding off because we're still trying to figure out if we're going to put up the Tacky White Tree. I'd really like to, but the cats have done a number on it and it's looking bedraggled now.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

This is our tree. The gate is to keep my little human out not the cats, they have left it be.
You can't see but there is a sleeping cat under the tree and he is snoring lol.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
http://www.thecatsite.com/
content/type/61/id/249510/width/500/height/700
This is our tree. The gate is to keep my little human out not the cats, they have left it be.

You can't see but there is a sleeping cat under the tree and he is snoring lol.
what a beautiful tree and a wonderful idea.

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are doing the tree next weekend but here's what I've done so far inside. (Almost done outside but still have a strand of lights to do so will update with a pic later this week.) This year I was inspired by several "dollar store decor" videos on YouTube. They put me in a crafty mood and I'm happy with what I've done!

Indoor decor: wreath from walmart, garland with my mom's kissing ball she made from a kit 20+ years ago. It was a tradition growing up but I noticed last year she didn't hang it anywhere in their new house (those darn open concept houses with no doorways!) so I asked for it and she was happy to oblige. The Christmas card ribbon was a $2 dollar tree project - some wire-edged ribbon that I taped to the back of the door (and have a little tape every few feet down the ribbon so it will be stable and to protect from kitties) with a bow tied at the top. Use clothespins to clip your cards on. This way they are displayed so you can enjoy them. (You could paint or spraypaint the clothespins if you like but I've found they kind of hide themselves just by the way things get clipped on.) It's cheap, space-efficient, and very festive!

Display in our front room... I put this up tonight and I am anticipating some damage to it by the time I wake up (from the cats). They've left it alone so far, but we'll see... Candles are from Costco - battery-powered. They look SO good that I went back today and got 5 more packs (only $10) to save for my wedding decor. The packs include these three big ones, 4 votive size ones and 4 tea lights. 11 candles and batteries included for $10, plus they are lightly vanilla-scented and have the waxy feel of real candles. An amazing buy in my opinion! Burlap runner is from walmart. Garland and sprigs are from dollar tree.

Hard to get a good photo, but I put up these little snowflakes on the tops of our doorways. A very simple wintery touch and these came 6/$1 from the dollar tree in clear and white (beware of the glitter, lol!). I used clear command hooks and it took about 5 minutes to do four doorways.

And bonus. This year I found the tree topper I really wanted. It's not quite the same as my family's growing up, but it's close. :) I guess you'll see it again when we get the tree up this weekend!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love that wreath!!  The snowflakes are a nice touch too!  i usually avoid anything in doorways because my husband is tall.  My mom hangs stuff and he almost always ends up hitting his head n it.  Seriously. 
I knocked myself in the head with one of those red tins on top of the china cabinet when i was hanging the lighted garland.  I tried to use it to prop the corner.  Let's just say; that hurt. 

The letters above the doorway spell Merry Christmas.  I have a close up on my phone.

I haven't decided on a spot for the cardinal.  I don't want it on a door because it'll bang being metal.  

Noodles is part of the decor right?  She's practically a permanent fixture next to the tree there.  Hence the kennel. 

Added the kids Nativity to the tree. 

Mooch want's to be seen too. She alternates the kennel and under-tree positions with Noodles.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Display in our front room... I put this up tonight and I am anticipating some damage to it by the time I wake up (from the cats). They've left it alone so far, but we'll see... Candles are from Costco - battery-powered. They look SO good that I went back today and got 5 more packs (only $10) to save for my wedding decor. The packs include these three big ones, 4 votive size ones and 4 tea lights. 11 candles and batteries included for $10, plus they are lightly vanilla-scented and have the waxy feel of real candles. An amazing buy in my opinion! Burlap runner is from walmart. Garland and sprigs are from dollar tree.

Hard to get a good photo, but I put up these little snowflakes on the tops of our doorways. A very simple wintery touch and these came 6/$1 from the dollar tree in clear and white (beware of the glitter, lol!). I used clear command hooks and it took about 5 minutes to do four doorways.

And bonus. This year I found the tree topper I really wanted. It's not quite the same as my family's growing up, but it's close. :) I guess you'll see it again when we get the tree up this weekend!

That is a gorgeous wreath!  I like your tree topper, too.