LETS SEE THEM CALICOS!! Share your pics of your calico\torti kitties

susank521

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

That was Cali in the pictures. 1'st pic was Cali when she was a kitten, and the 2'nd pic was Cali at 8 years old. We still have a tabby that we adopted 8 years ago as well, but she never makes a sound. Cali talked my ears off and followed me room to room like a puppy.
Oh, I'm sorry. It is obvious that she adored you. Have you considered getting a second cat, maybe a kitten, or is that not practical? 

calico dave

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Oh, I'm sorry. It is obvious that she adored you. Have you considered getting a second cat, maybe a kitten, or is that not practical? 
My daughter and I drove to two counties yesterday looking at kittens, but I couldn't find what I was looking for locally. Found two in different states on craigslist that I wanted to choose one, but locals there bought them before we could drive from Tennessee to Georgia & North Carolina. The owners said people seem to pick the mid to long hair Calico's first. So after a tiring day of high hopes and much gas spent, I've decided to take a break from the search. I was only responding to the adds that stated the cat was very talkative and mid to long haired Calico with small frame build. I'll just have to be patient and in time I'll find the right one. No two cats will have the same personality, but I'm holding out for a talker that I can raise from a kitten and spoil. My wife asked that I wait a couple more months because I'm trying much to hard to fill a void that no other cat is going to fill until I'm healed enough to accept that. I'm seeing that she's right, and going to just wait a while before starting a search again. We still have Cloey ( a Tabby we adopted 8 years ago when we also adopted Cali ) that's silently keeping me company. It's amazing how an animal can sense how a human feels.

susank521

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

My daughter and I drove to two counties yesterday looking at kittens, but I couldn't find what I was looking for locally. Found two in different states on craigslist that I wanted to choose one, but locals there bought them before we could drive from Tennessee to Georgia & North Carolina. The owners said people seem to pick the mid to long hair Calico's first. So after a tiring day of high hopes and much gas spent, I've decided to take a break from the search. I was only responding to the adds that stated the cat was very talkative and mid to long haired Calico with small frame build. I'll just have to be patient and in time I'll find the right one. No two cats will have the same personality, but I'm holding out for a talker that I can raise from a kitten and spoil. My wife asked that I wait a couple more months because I'm trying much to hard to fill a void that no other cat is going to fill until I'm healed enough to accept that. I'm seeing that she's right, and going to just wait a while before starting a search again. We still have Cloey ( a Tabby we adopted 8 years ago when we also adopted Cali ) that's silently keeping me company. It's amazing how an animal can sense how a human feels.
I think that your wife is right, Dave. Give yourself some time to grieve. 
 Cloey may not be a talker, but she wants to comfort you in her own way.

calico dave

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Here's Yappy. I adopted her on Dec 19. She's finally settled in and accepted me, but is real fiery towards anyone else. Growls at anyone else that even acts like they want to pet her. I just gave her space and let her come to me when she was ready, and she finally did. She jumps on the bed and sleeps beside me, and hops up on the chair arm when I sit in my chair. I think she had a rough life before I got her,.. doesn't know what kitty kitty kitty means or answer to the name the shelter gave her ''Yappy''. I think she made noise because she had never been in a kennel and badly wanted out. She's quiet until she hops up in bed or on the chair arm to greet me.. meow.. or when I first wake up and she see's I'm getting out of bed.. then it's on. ''Meow'',.. hey Yappy, ''meow'', whatcha doin' .. ''meow''. She doesn't go nuts talking back at me like Cali did, but she at least talks. She means business when someone else tries to pet her though, but I'm ok with that. :-) 

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
She's beautiful Dave. You can tell by the look in her eyes that she means business. She's just what you were looking for, right?

You're lucky to have found each other.

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

susank521

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Beautiful patchy girls! I wonder how long that had been laying like that, patiently waiting for you to come by, notice how gorgeous they were, and take their picture? 

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Cocoa is beautiful! Very impressive mane, too. I had wondered if females got real full manes, but Cocoa has answered that question. 
Thanks Susan.  She really is beautiful - we can't believe someone either lost her, or worse, kicked her out into the streets to fend for herself.  She clearly had been someone's pet at one time.  She loves being groomed, never uses her claws or teeth for any reason, and is so vocal and communicative with us and very entertaining.  No feral this one - but a stray who lost her way.  

Her mane is pretty fluffy, as is her tail, more so after just being brushed.  Been here long enough to know she's moogie, but she has the big ear tufts, mane and long fur between her toes like a Maine Coon, she was listed as a mix of one at the foster home. 

Last edited:

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

ROFL... 
LOVE IT!! Does he have any clue that he is not a cat? Do the cats know he's not a cat? Too cute! It looks like you have a very happy household.
That picture was taken about 6.5 years ago, Sky was pretty young and I didn't have any other dogs, so yeah she probably thought she was a cat. Plus she's half Basenji and they're known to be climbers. She used to go all the way to the top. Now that she's older she doesn't get on it much.

merlin2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise