Lets discuss wet and dry foods

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My 3 love both wet and dry, and they used to get their wet food for breakfast, and a little at supper. But then Jack started vomiting a lot, so i ran him straight to the vet.

The outcome?, the wet food was being irritated by the furballs he had, and this was how he was bringing it up. So on my vets advice i was to feed him dry only, and the problem stopped, and the furballs came up.

Once the cooler weather comes and the shedding slows down, i'll introduce the wet food again slowly, but until then it's dry.

Jack was being sick up to 4 times a week, and sometimes it would be twice a day despite being brushed daily and having the furball kibbles, so it was awful seeing him like that, and it wouldn't have been a picnic for him either

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im very glad I found this thread because I wanted to ask dry feeders with some more knowledge on food about using Purina One. I give all my cats dry food only and free feed them. BF is undependable on giving regular feedings because he works sometimes till 3 am and will forget to walk the 20 ft back into the house. Our dog gets some wet food but only twice a day and its weight management food (being a doxie he is prone to gluttony and excess weight) I use Purina for all animals and currently am getting ready to switch dog to Purina One I just saw a commercial for Purina One Indoor cat food and was interested in switching my cats from Regular Purina to Purina One. Ive heard from ppl who use Purina One that its great food and according to step mother (in law) her vet highly recommends Purina One for all animals. So basically Id like to know what you guys think. Noone in BF's family likes cats so they think its a waste of time for me to buy them the $20 big bag (every 2 weeks) when I could get the generic wal mart brand for 7 dollars. Personally I want my cats to eat healthy dry food. And out of curiousity for those Raw Diet Feeders..what is it and is just regular chicken breast (grilled) ok to feed kitties..They love this treat and I specially grill them their own cut up chicken breast as a snack along with carrots and peas mashed up into a mixture..It works great for the dog too so they all get a snack to share together....

Ohhh random question (sorry for being so annoying everyone) Is it ok for a cat to eat dog food?????????? Fatman LOVES dog food the dry kind and I catch him eating it all the time. Franklin doesnt eat cat food its blocked from him cuz hes allergic.