Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was doing so well with volunteering and not falling in love with any kitties until now. We have a new cat at the adoption center who is a year and a few months. She is only 7.8 pounds and is as cute as a button. This is the little girl that is stealing my heart:

View media item 360767
View media item 360768
She was so sad being left. Kept meowing to me as I was leaving and sticking her paws through the cage at me. 

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View media item 360768
She was so sad being left. Kept meowing to me as I was leaving and sticking her paws through the cage at me. 
Sometimes cats just take to certain people. The last time RB and I were in the animal shelter all the little kitties (and some of the bigger kitties that were on display at the same time) were desperate to get his attention pulling all of the little tricks cats pull to get the attention of the one they want. When I went by myself, later, not a one of them so much as looked in my direction--unless they were bored and they were watching me because I was moving. (Same cats--I literally went back the next day.)

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

We were talking about how you're going to give a second prize in the scratching post contest and surprise!  I'm the winner!  

Thanks for the reminder! 

I can't blame you for trying. Eric's scratchers are pretty awesome, aren't they? 

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Hope everyone has a better day.

At work-the pump test sounds like it has already started. Sounds like a jet engine outside when you walk into the building. Its fairly quiet where I am.

And as far as my position-sounds like they are moving towards automated machines for handing out consumables but they still need someone to fill them. So hopefully I can keep somewhat of a job next year. We wont know about the contract until the week before it ends.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

I hope you feel better soon. 
 I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. Good luck. 
I am so much better now that I have left that situation. It was not the way I wanted to do so, but it has worked out for the best. Even with all the injuries I have had.. There really is a 'path' for us..we just have to believe in it.

I am the most peaceful I have been in many years. Thanks for caring.. 

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Ahh, so now we know the story behind The Mystery Lounge.  
   I agree that the main reason to join is to support the site.  The ads never bothered me much.  I was moved to download an ad blocker though after grinding my teeth in frustration at a couple of political sites.  Unfortunately  I think my ad blocker may have been activated for TCS as well, though I thought I turned it off. I've not noticed ads for awhile now. 
   Anyway, now with my $20 in TCS's "kitty" (sorry couldn't resist) I have a clean conscience.  I wish there was some way to sign up for a recurring payment so the $20 is automatically deducted - or at least a reminder when time is drawing near.   My memory is sometimes a bit forgetful.  
I signed up for a year and it's just to support the site. The ads don't bother me at all. I have the ad blocker turned off. If it wasn't for the ads on this site, I would have missed the last semi annual sale at Bath & Body Works! Oh the horror!! 

I need to find out when my year is up.  @Anne   do you know where we can find that?

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I signed up for a year and it's just to support the site. The ads don't bother me at all. I have the ad blocker turned off. If it wasn't for the ads on this site, I would have missed the last semi annual sale at Bath & Body Works! Oh the horror!! :thud: :lol3:  

I need to find out when my year is up.  @Anne
  do you know where we can find that?
That's a really good question! My super special spidey powers tell me it is February 9th, but I'm not sure if you can look that up yourself.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning appears to be Angua playing in the sink time. Not sure why as she is usually frightened of the sink or has been since her last bath. 

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's a really good question! My super special spidey powers tell me it is February 9th, but I'm not sure if you can look that up yourself.
That sounds right! Thanks!! 
   I think the next B&BW semi annual sale is in January though! 

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's funny about the ads. I just ignore them. I can't put ad blocker on here. They won't change to a better browser. At home I use Google chrome or firefox. Oh well. Some sites say its not compatible because they haven't done any updates in awhile.

I tried to download that Pokémon thingy and it says my phone is not compatible. Its supposed to be hot and sweaty today. I brought spicy pad thai for lunch-gonna eat it at my morning break because it makes me sweat as by noontime I wont want anything spicy. I forgot the pizza I took home yesterday as I like to pop it in the toaster and get it nice and crispy. I often don't eat fresh pizza when we get it-usually too slimy. so the next day we bake it and it comes out so much better. Or I buy thin crust frozen pizza and oh so yummy. See I am already hungry!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

Thanks for the reminder! 

I can't blame you for trying. Eric's scratchers are pretty awesome, aren't they? 
They are definitely great scratchers.  After I didn't win the first contest, I broke down and bought the wall scratcher.  It's really a thing of beauty and, best of all Paul and Chula really like it.  It's holding up well, too.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems that every time I leave my house to walk a neighbor drops something off.  Sunday it was strawberries from the farmer's market and yesterday it was fresh peaches from the tree in their yard. They're so thoughtful and healthy.  I just give them stuff Kim bakes.  Is giving the neighbors peach cobbler made from their peaches re-gifting?  This morning I had delicious strawberries with breakfast.

@Tallyollyopia   Is it time for another excerpt?  Is this thread long enough for us to get the whole story?

@NewYork1303   What a beautiful tabby.  Does she have a name?  How long before you adopt her?  I always thought tabbies were drab.  Then I fostered one and she grew on me.  Still love the black cats though.

whatsername85

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have been playing that Pokémon Go game that just came out. It's very addicting. And it's helping me get my exercise too! Yesterday I walked about 4 miles trying to catch all the Pokémon in my area.

I'm part of the generation that loves Pokémon though so I don't even know if anyone here will relate.

Last edited:

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been playing that Pokémon Go game that just came out. It's very addicting. And it's helping me get my exercise too! Yesterday I walked about 4 miles trying to catch all the Pokémon in my area.

I'm part of the generation that loves Pokémon though so I don't even know if anone here will relate.
We still have the Pokémon on our super Nintendo. And the new Pokémon game is all my husband has been whining about for the last two days. Super Nintendo has one of my favorite version of Tetris so it's always hooked up.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope you all having a good day. Its been frustrating at work. Certain things need ordering and still bugging people to order it instead of the run around.
 Its hot and sticky out here. The AC didn't work this morning. Battery dead that runs the remote. Told Jon to please get a battery asap and get this thing running. I have to hit the grocery store-we are just about out of canned food. Floey doesn't like refrigerated food even if I leave it on the counter for a half an hour. So loth going to the store. I have no patience and they moved everything around and raised prices.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
I need to get around to donating $20 now that I know I can do that! And I was always too lazy to bother with research ad blockers :lol3: so I'm good there at least.

Today has been interesting. Decided to work from home today, and had to stop at the store during lunch. So, when I got in line, one of the front desk ladies from my vet's office was there! So I was telling her about my business that I'm working on and she said they'd give me an absolutely glowing review there, and said I should definitely bring some business cards over! I still have to get them made of course, lol. But that was nice!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I need to get around to donating $20 now that I know I can do that! And I was always too lazy to bother with research ad blockers
so I'm good there at least.

Today has been interesting. Decided to work from home today, and had to stop at the store during lunch. So, when I got in line, one of the front desk ladies from my vet's office was there! So I was telling her about my business that I'm working on and she said they'd give me an absolutely glowing review there, and said I should definitely bring some business cards over! I still have to get them made of course, lol. But that was nice!
There are several benefits to having a paid membership aside from just supporting the site (which is reason enough IMO). http://www.thecatsite.com/a/becoming-a-tcs-supporter-through-a-paid-membership

I really like that I can use Paypal. 

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-a.  I'm going to wear my cow hat and get grilled chicken nuggets and fries.  Technically fries are not Whole30 approved due to the frying in oil part.  But there is no soy, dairy or gluten in them.  I'm so hungry.  Waiting for DD to get ready.  She's not dressing up as a cow in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.