Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wondering what awful thing will happen today.  Last night I chased a duck out of the pool and he tried to land on the wall so he could hop back in after I left.  His legs hit the wall and he fell.  Moved to the front of the flowerbed.  So I looked at him with a flashlight, crossed my fingers and went to bed.  This morning he was in the pool while his mate was munching bird seed.  Crazy ducks!  they sit on our roof or the neighbors and wait lunch most days.for us to leave the yard and I'm pretty sure they know DH's car.  He comes home for lunch most days.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Inanna  - Friskies has some games on its site that you can download free for cats. One is a fish game that I put on my phone. Mingo wasn't terribly impressed with it because the phone screen is too small for him, but he got the idea and caught a few fish. To tell the truth, I like to play it more than he does.
 I don't have a tablet, but it would be better there.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
There are unconfirmed reports that musician Prince has died at 57. Police are only confirming "a death" at his estate.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
confirmed now. :(

A family member confirmed it to the associated Press.

Last edited:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been confirmed, according to Yahoo. Associated Press confirmed. Not enough to babble, but trying.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
confirmed now.

A family member confirmed it to the associated Press.
CNN's headline is "When Doves Cry"     RIP 

Here come the vultures and cockroaches out of the woodwork to trash him to the tabloids now that he cannot defend himself.  

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
so many celebrities are passing... what is going on? or is it just me being at that  age group...

I was shocked to hear about Prince. And then I heard his age. 57...when did he get to be 57? I still picture him a 20 year old...

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Yay! These threads are fun. Let the babbling begin!!  

This little one really wants to win!!  
I'm not sure that kitty wants to win; s/he has a look more like Mouse does at the prospect of me doing even more babbling than usual... acute boredom coupled with trying to dream up serious antics to try and drag me off the laptop to play with him.  

Saw the news about Prince on our national news:  I still remember the first time I saw a photo of him in a magazine and read about his music.  It was back in the late 70's and everything he did was thought to be totally outrageous.  Have to say, he did go out of his way to get attention.  
   As I recall, the photo I saw was of him in a rather revealing outfit which was pretty hard to ignore.  'Under the cherry moon' is one of my all time favourite music tracks.  

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I passed out of the pop music scene in the mid 70s, so I don't know what all the fuss is about. Is he the same person called "the entertainer formerly named Prince"?

catmom123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is so cool... LET'S GET THIS BABBLE PARTY STARTED. I Can honestly talk all day,

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
CNN's headline is "When Doves Cry"     RIP :(

Here come the vultures and cockroaches out of the woodwork to trash him to the tabloids now that he cannot defend himself.  :rolleyes2
Well he was a little "different", but no worse than David Bowie, Lady Gaga, etc. Definitely an icon and one I grew up listening to. :nod:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I passed out of the pop music scene in the mid 70s, so I don't know what all the fuss is about. Is he the same person called "the entertainer formerly named Prince"?
Yep, that would be one of his 'phases'.  
    I've never figured out what that was about, and thankfully it didn't last long and he went back to being Prince.  Anyone know the answer?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I'm not sure that kitty wants to win; s/he has a look more like Mouse does at the prospect of me doing even more babbling than usual... acute boredom coupled with trying to dream up serious antics to try and drag me off the laptop to play with him.  

Saw the news about Prince on our national news:  I still remember the first time I saw a photo of him in a magazine and read about his music.  It was back in the late 70's and everything he did was thought to be totally outrageous.  Have to say, he did go out of his way to get attention.  
   As I recall, the photo I saw was of him in a rather revealing outfit which was pretty hard to ignore.  'Under the cherry moon' is one of my all time favourite music tracks.  
That little one sat up ALL night posting and is using his/her last bit of strength to put up just one more before falling asleep on the job. 

Sophie fell asleep in a box of books I have in my room the other night. i'm sorting them to see what I want to donate and she climbed in to explore. I couldn't find her during one of my many routine head counts and I looked everywhere. Lily followed me around while I looked for her. Finally I happened to glance at the box and noticed her watching me with an amused gleam in her eye. 

Yep, that would be one of his 'phases'.  
    I've never figured out what that was about, and thankfully it didn't last long and he went back to being Prince.  Anyone know the answer?
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/l...is-name-to-an-unpronounceable-symbol-20110323

Ask and ye shall receive. 

Last edited by a moderator:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
...and here comes the first rule reminder of the thread. :woo: :lol3::lol3::lol3:

No consecutive posts please. :)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
You can't make two posts in a row. I made one disappear. :D. Need more words. Poof. Disappear. :lol3:

catmom123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So If you can't make them like one after if someone comments after you can you make another post...

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
So If you can't make them like one after if someone comments after you can you make another post...:rbheart:

As long as you are not the last one that posted, it is OK to post. :)

If a post disappears does it still count in the overall post numbers or is that number reused?  Is it like a ghost?
No, it doesn't count. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.