Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a wonderful day for babbling! In northern michigan it is cloudy and chilly. The cats are being lazy and so am I. Now I have something to look forward too!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Amazon still sells mousies with real fur that rattle. I put a couple of packs of these in the Christmas box for the shelter kitties. 

http://www.amazon.com/Rattling-Long-Haired-Real-Mice/dp/B003TLSMOS/ref=sr_1_2?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1461331815&sr=8-2&keywords=fur+mice+cat+toys

Sophie was being extra snuggly last night. She wanted lots of hugs and pets and received them. My sweet baby girl :9:
Whoa! Shipping to Germany is $6.16. Hopefully the ebay source won't dry up. Mogli now has 21 mousies, so that should do him for a while.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad this week is almost over!  It must be the full moon.  Something stressful (for me anyway) happened everyday.  I should just stay in bed today and hide.  Yesterday on his walk, Eclipse got spooked and jumped on the fence and walked to the back yard.  So I ran through the house and there was no cat on the fence!  he usually waits for me.  Looked everywhere, over both sides of the fence, under the bushes in front in case he went back there.  Total panic!  Then he was spotted on the fence near the back wall.  I ran around the three house to get to the back and of course he was no where to be seen.  Called to my son and he had managed to grab him.  Thank goodness for his height and long arms.  Turns out the cat had stayed on the fence but walked all the way down and couldn't be seen because of all the tall bushes that block the view.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
a very poor late night babble limerick:

A young kitten from the Gold Coast

babbled on and on to her utmost!

When asked 'please do shush'

she replied with a blush:

"I must try for the fourth millionth post!"

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Happy Earth day! Hope the weather gets better for everyone covered with clouds! Our clouds are finally getting brighter. The sun is supposed to shine soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Breaking in to spam everyone with this cool educational new quiz I just published here - 

[article="33354"]Are You An Expert On Newborn Kitten Rescue​[/article]  

Even if you're not an expert, I hope you'll find it interesting! 

babykitty05

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Here in Massachusetts the whether has gotten pretty warm after a long, cold winter. Hopefully BabyKitty likes it better, she hates the cold. Last year's baby turkeys are almost fully grown so we have that to look forward to. Did you know that turkeys can fly and sleep in trees to advoid animals like cyotes? I wonder how BabyKitty will react to them. My dog Gabbie chased them out of the yard last year, right before I could get a picture or video. There's a cat outside who seems to be hard of hearing and has no collar, perhaps they're a stray? They seem comfortable around humans but run off if you try to approach them. I've been hiding meat behind the shed for them, although it might be one of the cyotes that's taking it. I haven't seen that cat in awhile, I hope they're ok. BabyKitty's giving me strange looks today and won't let me pet her much.View media item 343902

inanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's relatively warm out today, but grey and misty here in SC. I have to work until 3 am tonight. Yuck.

In other news I'm spying on a cat that's rolling around in the grass in my backyard. She's super preggers.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What a fun quiz that was!  I went there, and did that, and left a comment, and shared it on FaceBook!  I'd love to lure some of my cat-loving  friends over there here to play.  This place is a natural for one group, although they'd have to be gently taught about where and when "cat speak" is appropriate! 

kkoerner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I remember the last babble post. I was so paranoid about having 15 words...I counted...on other threads. AND I had to stop myself from quoting people to say they didn't have 15 words LOL!

I also would have a panic moment when I realized I had posted a consecutive post...just to realize it was not the babble thread! :p

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, In Massachusetts it is very warm today. Warm enough to go out with short sleeves and nothing else!

When I came out of the gym, I actually had to put the AC on because it was so warm!  It will not last long though. WE will be getting back to more normal, and below normal temps this week-end and next week..sigh
I am in a city, near the ocean, just outside Boston. There are a lot of wild turkeys around here! I have yet to see one, but there are so many posts on FB from people who have. I just saw one post from a person right on the beach who had a wild turkey on her porch!!! 

Unbelievable...

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I remember the last babble post. I was so paranoid about having 15 words...I counted...on other threads. AND I had to stop myself from quoting people to say they didn't have 15 words LOL!

I also would have a panic moment when I realized I had posted a consecutive post...just to realize it was not the babble thread! :p
hahaha. I did the same thing. I was even counting the words when I sent someone a text.

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lordy, Lordy, I have someone to drawl with!  I 'spec some of ya'll won't have a clue what we're sayin if we get to goin real good.  Nawth Virginny, huh?  Dahlin, in my family, we don't talk about "north of the Mason Dixon line."  You're a Yankee if you come from north of the Spanish moss line!  My mama's family hail from a tiny town in South Georgia, and my Daddy's family are from Tuscumbia, Alabama.   I actually lived in Indianapolis for two years, and my mama cried the entire time.  You'da thought I was on the moon!

BTW...for those who don't know...people in the South only sound all the same to those of you who are not.  We can pinpoint an accent, sometimes down to the city.  Folks who were born and reared in Atlanta have an accent that is unlike any I've ever heard.  It's in how they say "i" sounds, and I'm not really sure how to explain it or spell it phonetically.  Let me see...ok...say "I" and listen when you do it.  I'll bet there's almost an i-e sound to it.  Now, cut it short and don't let any e sound come out.  Just the plain i part.  The closest I can come to it is, Idunno. said all as one word...that might give it to you.  And that and a buck fifty will get you a cuppa at McDonalds.

Last edited:

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Lordy, Lordy, I have someone to drawl with!  I 'spec some of ya'll won't have a clue what we're sayin if we get to goin real good.  Nawth Virginny, huh?  Dahlin, in my family, we don't talk about "north of the Mason Dixon line."  You're a Yankee if you come from north of the Spanish moss line!  My mama's family hail from a tiny town in South Georgia, and my Daddy's family are from Tuscumbia, Alabama.   I actually lived in Indianapolis for two years, and my mama cried the entire time.  You'da thought I was on the moon!

BTW...for those who don't know...people in the South only sound all the same to those of you who are not.  We can pinpoint an accent, sometimes down to the city.  Folks who were born and reared in Atlanta have an accent that is unlike any I've ever heard.  It's in how they say "i" sounds, and I'm not really sure how to explain it or spell it phonetically.  Let me see...ok...say "I" and listen when you do it.  I'll bet there's almost an i-e sound to it.  Now, cut it short and don't let any e sound come out.  Just the plain i part.  The closest I can come to it is, Idunno. said all as one word...that might give it to you.  And that and a buck fifty will get you a cuppa at McDonalds.
Nawth Virginny is still south of the Mason Dixon line.  There were quite a few skirmishes there during the Civil War.  When I lived in Maryland, also south of the Mason-Dixon line we went to Gettysburg to the Civil War area.  It was so boring.  just stones and plaques of who fought where and where they were from.  The museums were interesting, but the road around the battlefield was windy and cold.  I don't recommend going in February.  It did have an ok campground

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

hahaha. I did the same thing. I was even counting the words when I sent someone a text.
I did the same thing!  I also remember obsessively checking in as we got closer to the 500 mark and prize time.  Once I even posted the winning post but couldn't think of anything to say so just typed gibberish and the prize went to the next post.  

About Gettysburg - I was too young when I went to remember it clearly but have been to the battlefield of Antietam and stood in the cornfield where so many men died.  There seemed to be a sense of the sacred, if that doesn't sound corny.  It was such a moving experience.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You got that all right @Mamanyt1953. In my defense I have to say I grew up near Robert E. Lee's home and next door to General Washington's. Don't tell, but I'm a member of the UDC. (Nobody up here knows what that is, so you're safe.)  My father's family were from Tuscaloosa, but moved to Arkansas after TWBTS. 

You are so right about those accents. I can still identify someone from Charlotte, NC, and there are two accents there. One for the NASCAR folks and one for the silver service folks. When I first moved up here, I met a woman with a peculiar accent, and I ran through all the states and cities that I knew accents from, and could not identify her. I finally asked, and she said, "Arlington, Virginia."  My hometown! I knew everybody else's accents, but not my own!

@Handsome Kitty  Yes, there are many battlefields in Northern Virginia - Annandale, Manassas, Culpepper, and so on. The Yankees in their ultimate wisdom moved the Manassas battlefield, if you can do such a thing. Lee's Army of Northern Virginia operated mainly in Virginia, and the battlefields are everywhere. It makes genealogy really difficult, because the Revolution was also fought there, and many courthouses were burned down. Many counties are known as "burned counties."

sprin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a neat thread idea! Here in Florida it's been raining all day. Cocoa curled up on my pillow next to my head this morning when I was waking up, and I swear if I didn't have to go to work I would have just stayed in bed and pet him for three hours. He's such a sweet little dude.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
It's been gray and overcast in Maryland today but when I looked out the window, it seemed all the trees had magically leafed out overnight.  Suddenly the woods next door is green, green, green.  

Quite fitting for Earth Day.  I'm waiting for a leash to arrive so I can try walking Chula and Paul in those woods.  Chula is so bored she is literally climbing the wall and Paul is getting to be a very portly gentlemen.    

Status
Not open for further replies.