Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
OOoooh a babble-a-thon? This is my kind of thread! And very nice prizes as well! Good luck to everyone and CONGRATS on close to 4,000,000 posts at TCS!!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
This is the time of year when I miss having a garden so much.   I used to have a marvelous garden.  When I moved there, it already had a lot of mature trees and hedges and I carefully added to it to bring out color and shape.  Then I made sure to add plants that would bring butterflies and wildlife - I also added unusual native plants.  It was my pride and joy.  Years later, I went back to see it and discovered the new owners had cut down almost all of the trees and hedges, pulled up all the perennials and bulbs and gotten rid of the native plants.  The most irritating thing was that it actually was attractive in a crisp kind of way so I couldn't even complain that they'd destroyed the appeal of the place! 

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
I have never been into gardening. When I was a kid, I grew some crops, because the idea of growing something I could eat was so cool! I grew green beans, baby watermelons, cantaloupe and corn. And some dumb jerk came along one day right before my watermelons and cantaloupes were ready to be picked and smashed all of them on the sidewalk. I was one heart-broken ten year old! So never got into it after that. And I am just not a flower person. Thank goodness other people are, because I'm just not.

I HAVE considered growing something in a pot on the front porch again. Some food-type thing, just not sure what. Probably too late anyway for this year.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the perfect time to plant some type of food.  You can also plant herbs for cooking and bring them in during the colder months.  Most are cat friendly.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had an early spring, with all the trees leafing out in March, followed by a branch breaker snow storm last weekend.  I met Roger at his office Wednesday to discuss Social Security issues, and on my way home I drove past the neighborhood I grew up in.  There on the corner was a house that my dad built, with something like two large trees completely down, and a very large branch broken from a fruit tree in the front yard.  I stopped and rang the doorbell to ask the homeowner whether I could salvage the branch from the fruit tree for use in making a cat tree for Jasmine.  We talked for quite a while about the neighborhood.  I told her what it was like in the early days (ours was the first house my father built there), and she caught me up on what happened to some of the neighbors I'd known back then, and she said she'd ask her son to cut the branch for me and give me a call when I can come to pick it up.  (I spent a dollar on a book about do-it-yourself cat trees at a local library's perpetual book sale a few weeks ago, and they all incorporated tree branches.)

Comfortably warm out today, with more snow predicted for next week.  Sigh.

Margret

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Funny, and with all the wind we had this morning, the first thought I had was, "This would be a really nice autumn day... if it was October."

This is the perfect time to plant some type of food.  You can also plant herbs for cooking and bring them in during the colder months.  Most are cat friendly.
I'll have to look into something then that would work for me. Good to know. I always thought it had to be done much sooner for some reason.

Last edited:

tnrcatwoman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone!
I'm new to TCS and this is my first time hearing of a babble post. Does this happen often? Just want to say thank you for being warm & welcoming, I hope to continue learning while giving advice on topics I am well versed in. Yay for kitties! =^_^=

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does she look more alert, or is she just a bit shocked to read all of the babbling posts?
 (I'm assuming it's a she because of the pink laptop).
Personally, I'd say she looks shocked. Of course, that's the same expression many of our kitties give me when I mention the dreaded word "bath." Usually comes right before the claws.

catmom123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is pregnant and I can't really tell when she will have her kittens but I guess I will find out

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
View media item 343994 it was so chilly here, little Ivy stayed close to the fireplace all day. The other five kitties just kind of flopped all over the living room. It was kind of nice, as they stayed out of my way and I was able to get everything done in a speedy manner!

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it was so chilly here, little Ivy stayed close to the fireplace all day. The other five kitties just kind of flopped all over the living room. It was kind of nice, as they stayed out of my way and I was able to get everything done in a speedy manner!
Kitties do like to get underfoot. How many do you have? Our house has six (long story).

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

a very poor late night babble limerick:

A young kitten from the Gold Coast

babbled on and on to her utmost!

When asked 'please do shush'

she replied with a blush:

"I must try for the fourth millionth post!"

Ha! I love it! That is a well flowing limerick (and I read poetry on a regular basis). 

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kitties do like to get underfoot. How many do you have? Our house has six (long story).
We have six, also. One from a farm, three from a shelter and two were strays. Now they are all spoiled brats that can really drive me bonkers at times. They are the equivalent of three 2 year old children. Always wanting something, getting into something, making a mess and arguing amongst each other. But I love them as much as my own children. They bring me lots of laughs and give me lots of love and cuddles. Cats are the best!

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have six, also. One from a farm, three from a shelter and two were strays. Now they are all spoiled brats that can really drive me bonkers at times. They are the equivalent of three 2 year old children. Always wanting something, getting into something, making a mess and arguing amongst each other. But I love them as much as my own children. They bring me lots of laughs and give me lots of love and cuddles. Cats are the best!
They are the best. 
 I don't know about yours, but ours love boxes--to the point of sometimes trying to play with a box before we open it! 

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have no idea how excited I am that the babble is back! I love endless babbling. When I saw this at the top of the home page, my heart literally leaped!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I passed out of the pop music scene in the mid 70s, so I don't know what all the fuss is about. Is he the same person called "the entertainer formerly named Prince"?
Yes, that's him.  I listened to his music a lot as a teenager, and still love it today.  His songs bring back some happy memories.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes, that's him.  I listened to his music a lot as a teenager, and still love it today.  His songs bring back some happy memories.
I never had any special connection to Prince (maybe too young). But I always loved the idea of an artist changing their name to a symbol. It made a great story (that's kind of what I'm all about, great stories since I am a writer). 

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
a very poor late night babble limerick:

A young kitten from the Gold Coast
babbled on and on to her utmost!
When asked 'please do shush'
she replied with a blush:
"I must try for the fourth millionth post!"

:tongue2:
:clap: I'm very impressed!

Today's my day off, but Mogli woke me up at 5:15, although my husband was already up and had given him breakfast.

catmom123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat had adorable kittens tonight and they are tiny but all of them are healthy.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My cat had adorable kittens tonight and they are tiny but all of them are healthy.
Congratulations on your new kitten family!

I just watched my cat spin around chasing a laser for long enough that she actually got dizzy. I didn't know cats could experience dizzyness.

Status
Not open for further replies.