Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
tallyollyopia tallyollyopia finally saw that you heard back - yay! Hopefully now the ball will get rolling and you'll be working soon :nod:

Enjoying a peaceful Friday night. Clipped the youngin's nails and pilled Maple. Eating a grapefruit and watching Oscar chase his tail on the top level of the cat tree. He LOVES to chase his tail. He'll hang his head upside down over the edge, and see his tail hanging over the other edge, and just go after it!

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Smart Princess!  I take toilet paper rolls and staple them shut at one end and put treats and kibble in there, it takes them a while to get all the goodies out. On the tile of the kitchen they manage to bat it all over the floor, on the carpet not so much.
I don't suppose you have a picture you can post so I can see it?
@Tallyollyopia finally saw that you heard back - yay! Hopefully now the ball will get rolling and you'll be working soon

Enjoying a peaceful Friday night. Clipped the youngin's nails and pilled Maple. Eating a grapefruit and watching Oscar chase his tail on the top level of the cat tree. He LOVES to chase his tail. He'll hang his head upside down over the edge, and see his tail hanging over the other edge, and just go after it!
Hopefully. I was supposed to be taking the class so I can start work Monday--but there was a computer glitch so I can't get entered  into the system for the class until Monday. 

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
 toilet paper rolls with one side stapled shut
View media item 352444   put some treats or kibble in it

View media item 352445   not too many, you want them to work for it

View media item 352446   Patrick is going right after it but Panthera wants it handed right to him, sorry, buddy, work for it!

View media item 352447
View media item 352448   he tries to put his nose in there

View media item 352449   he has found the second one

View media item 352450   but pushed it too far with is nose after eating the ones that showed

View media item 352451   a paw will help get the others out

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

When I was a kid I had a bad problem with cats attacking me for no reason. When I was four I got attacked by the barn cat on OGM's property (still have the scars today), about five or six years later dad got married to the ex-step-monster and her cat, Garfield, would attack me (and it was not  play) every chance he got. I lived in terror of that cat until someone ran it over (I'm not sure it was an accident--I wasn't the only one he kept attacking). Back when I was in high school we thought about getting a cat, so we went up to the SPCA to adopt one. (This was before the building burned down--all the animals were saved--and they moved to a new location.) There was this one cat, a Russian Blue, who looked just like Tom from Tom and Jerry, that I went to pet. (All of the cats were available for visitors to pet--there were no warnings or even an isolation period from when they were brought in to the time they were put out for human interaction.) The cat chomped down on me mid-purr (with absolutely no  warning or change in behavior!), and--well, that killed our ideas of getting a cat. (We did get two dogs--a street stray we named Merlin and one from the SPCA named Goku.) 

And then I watch my brother walk into the lobby of the shelter and have all the cats (who, when I walk in, are indifferent) mew for his attention and try to play with him just from him walking in. (And--he--never--notices!) He wonders why I get a little bit tetchy. (We get the cats their shots through the shelter.)

I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, she has five (used to be six) cats. How did that happen? Well, IB noticed that one of his friend's cats was getting picked on by the other cats (they had twenty--not their fault, they just couldn't say no to a furry face and several of them were transitory), and even the humans were treating it poorly. Then the kitten (about three or four months I think) plopped into his lap, and he fell in love with her blue eyes (which are now green). (Where did the other cats come from?) Well, AWM, RB, and IB were determined that Rose (the first cat) needed to be allowed to have a litter. I found massive amounts of online materials about how cats who are fixed before their first heat live better lives, I got research books on the subject (courtesy of Miss Janet, our cat-crazy friendly reference desk librarian who whole-heartedly approved of my quest), and the only thing I couldn't get (because no one would call me back) was veterinary testimony about the health differences between a cat fixed before her first heat and one fixed after her first litter. We kept the kittens. (And when they were big enough I moved mountains to make sure that every last one of them got fixed--I did not  ask!)

Sorry, I know that's not really on subject, but I just finished texting with IB (who moved to Virginia) where he was accusing me of not caring for his (his?!) cats properly. (His  cats? I'm   the one who's been taking care of most of them since the day they were born, and I'm the one who's been taking care of Rose since she came into the house!!!)

Sorry. I'm ranting again. To be honest, I've never seen a cat make a beeline towards someone with a cat allergy, but that's mostly because I don't know anyone who has  a cat allergy. (Dog allergy, dust allergy, goldenrod pollen allergy--but not cat.)
That's horrible.  Let's face it, we can come up with all of the theories we want, but what it all seems to come down to in the end is cattitude.

I have three friends with cat allergies.  One has cats(!) -- he actually manages to keep his allergy pretty much under control with shots; another one can go into anaphylactic shock -- I'm always careful to use a lint brush before I visit him and I never invite him to my house; and the third gets very stuffy and starts sneezing around Jasmine -- she's been to my house once since we got Jasmine, and will not come back, but Jasmine thought she was a very nice person.

It looks like we're in the 1,960s with posts; should hit 2,000 soon.

Margret

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's horrible.  Let's face it, we can come up with all of the theories we want, but what it all seems to come down to in the end is cattitude.

I have three friends with cat allergies.  One has cats(!) -- he actually manages to keep his allergy pretty much under control with shots; another one can go into anaphylactic shock -- I'm always careful to use a lint brush before I visit him and I never invite him to my house; and the third gets very stuffy and starts sneezing around Jasmine -- she's been to my house once since we got Jasmine, and will not come back, but Jasmine thought she was a very nice person.

It looks like we're in the 1,960s with posts; should hit 2,000 soon.

Margret
My mother actually is allergic to cats and we have 3 haha.

But our cats have very little effect on her. For some reason she is waaaaaaaay more allergic to short haired cats than she is with long haired cats. So all of our cats are long haired and the only time they really ever bother her is if one of them sleeps on her pillow or something.

My mom has a friend that has 4 short haired cats and a long haired cat, and every time my mom goes to her house, her friend has to keep most of her cats in her garage (which is climate controlled and they have food, water litter and toys in there, it's honestly more of a kitty playroom than a garage) until my mom leaves because if she doesn't my mom gets all stuffed up, starts sneezing, and has itchy, watery eyes within a half hour of being around them.

Last edited:

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dad was allergic to cats and we had cats when we were growing up. He got allergy shots and didn't have very major allergies to our cats specifically. New cats would set off his allergies for a while.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

View media item 352446   Patrick is going right after it but Panthera wants it handed right to him, sorry, buddy, work for it!

View media item 352447

View media item 352450   but pushed it too far with is nose after eating the ones that showed

I'm going to have to try that with our kitties and see if Spot and Asia are more likely to engage this one! 
(Be wary my kitties; I will have you playing yet! Mwahahahahahhaha!)

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

View media item 352447

This is a good idea. I will have to have the cats try something like this out on our new floors.

catladyvettech

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Me too. I was disappointed when I woke up today, and seen what number of posts we were at. We need more babblers!
It's ok that we didn't hit 2000 overnight because it means you and I still have a chance to win! But I'm going to be busy in a couple hours so let's either get to 2000 before or after then. ;)

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Saturday! Very happy to have the weekend here :D I only worked three days this past week but my god, it felt like a VERY long week. Might go to a friend's place for a party today. Still debating the Beer Can'd Fest. The whole "feeling poor" part makes it hard for me to justify going :/

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's ok that we didn't hit 2000 overnight because it means you and I still have a chance to win! But I'm going to be busy in a couple hours so let's either get to 2000 before or after then. ;)
That's very true. Good luck. Let's get babbling.

Happy Saturday! Very happy to have the weekend here :D I only worked three days this past week but my god, it felt like a VERY long week. Might go to a friend's place for a party today. Still debating the Beer Can'd Fest. The whole "feeling poor" part makes it hard for me to justify going :/
Whay is the beer can'd fest? Sounds like it woild be fun. Have fun at your party today.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a bad case of the laziness today. We were out late last night and I just can't get going. :nod:

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Whay is the beer can'd fest? Sounds like it woild be fun. Have fun at your party today.
It's an outdoor music festival in Blue Island (way the heck south of the city). They have canned beer for sale. It is fun, but can't really afford it this year :( Plus the only two bands I'm interested in this year are playing dead last. It isn't like a park festival that has to end by 10pm, so this thing could go on as late as 2am.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chicago has a lot of fun street fests.  We used to go to one on Lincoln Avenue every year.  One of my sisters used to work at a bar there called the 2350. I loved the Irish Fest but they only did that one year - i guess there were too many drunk Irishman.  All the cops working it were not Irish LOL.  Jayne Byrne was mayor then and there was a festival at Navy Pier for different nationalities.

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's an outdoor music festival in Blue Island (way the heck south of the city). They have canned beer for sale. It is fun, but can't really afford it this year :( Plus the only two bands I'm interested in this year are playing dead last. It isn't like a park festival that has to end by 10pm, so this thing could go on as late as 2am.
That sounds fun, but I would never be able to stay up that late. That's just 3 hours before we start our day!

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am really tired this morning also. I was up super late working on wedding vows. I write a lot better at night so, had to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.