Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence

WOW!
Donutte, I always knew cats were smart. But I think you are the very first cat I have met who not only has online account, they are having litterbox issues before a job interview!

Hang in their pussy! I am sure the farmer has plenty of work for a cat like you. Plus there is benefits such as all the mice you can eat in the barn cafe, which is awesome!!

My suggestion is hiding behind a bush and peeing there like dogs do, just do not let the boss see you do it or other animals as they may gossip. 

Usually for humans I suggest waiting to see if the HR person puts out their paw and not offering to shake hands, but in your case I suggest putting up your tail and rubbing along both ankles after a long stare into the farmer's eyes. If he bends over to rub you, you got the job in the bag!

Also, have your coat polished down shiny with spit so you look tops. 
The worst thing any cat can do is show up to a job interview looking mangey. 

I hope you get the mousing job, Donutte! Let us know. 
This is so cute, @ Davey. Why can't I ever think of stuff like that ro say? Guess it's my proper European upbringing

davey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
LOL!

You just need to let go of your mind, stop thinking about what others will say, stop thinking first then speaking/writing.
Just type the first thing comes to your mind...

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
D davey If I did that, they would kick me off the site in a heart beat. I have a twisted sense of humor and not everyone appreciates it as much as I do. I sure get a kick out of myself though!

davey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ah, then you were still fixated on how to help Donutte deal with peeing and puking hairballs...
Yeah, I can understand European breeds have a diffurent style humor than us in the USA.
We are more about joking of the vegans trying to contain cow farts and belches here. 

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
I only had one forum I was ever on where I truly typed like the world wasn't looking, and that was because there were like 10 of us on the forum and it was locked down from the outside world. I won't even go INTO the kinda crazy stuff we talked about there.

Needless to say, I won't do that here - way too public! Anyway... thank you for the interesting comments, lol.

Regarding doctors... I've learned that I really REALLY need to get myself in the mood to go into battle with them. I remember having abdominal pain for so many years, and was really tired of it being written off as something normal, when I knew it wasn't. That was late 2006 into 2007 that I started feeling that way. I was planning a trip to NYC and NJ for nine days in May, so started setting up appointments for various tests for after those dates. The next five months were a crazy catch-22 it seemed of me losing my mind from no one finding anything, and having more tests as a result.

In August of 2007, I went on medical leave. Went to an OB-GYN who actually LISTENED to me, including the part where I told him that I'd had surgery 15 years later when scans didn't show anything, and voila! my gall bladder had been a huge mess that never showed on the scans. I told this guy he was gonna end up having to cut me open. We still had to go through even more tests for the appease the insurance company first, but sure enough, went down the route of exploratory surgery. And boy oh boy, the mess he found! Endometriosis all over the place, embedded in the lining of the abdomen so far he had to remove a big chunk of the peritoneum. Now granted, endo is hard to find on a scan, but there was also a twisted Fallopian tube, which yes, is as painful as it sounds. He was actually amazed that I hadn't ended up in the ER with that, as apparently, that's how most people end up getting it caught (because they think it's their appendix). And apparently it's pretty rare, 1 in about a million women have it. I made a surgical student's day from what I heard! Anyway, the tissue was necrotic and the tube had to be removed.

So, my advice - if you know something is wrong, definitely push the doctor if you don't feel comfortable with the diagnosis or treatment. Not saying everyone should push for surgery with every pain, but I know I have a history of things just not showing up on scans for some reason, so I don't really trust them anymore. You absolutely must be your own advocate.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We are still under the depression with rain, although yesterday was cloudy with no rain yesterday. We managed to get our walk in. We had rain before daylight and maybe that will be all. The fields around here are planted with soybeans and the beans are washing in the ditches.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats are playing way to rough this morning. I don't like it when they get so rough and actually look like they are hurting each other whilst play fighting so I make them stop.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cats are playing way to rough this morning. I don't like it when they get so rough and actually look like they are hurting each other whilst play fighting so I make them stop.
Are they both glaring at you now, asking 'Mo-om! Why did you have to spoil our game? It was fun!' :evilgrin:

I don't know what's wrong with me at the moment - I keep screwing up with taking my meds :slant: I think my mind must be on a different planet to the rest of me right now :scatter:

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
My boys and Pea-Pea always roughhouse with each other. If any of them start squawking I break it up. Miss Pea-Pea is quite the tough gal though! Definitely tougher than the boys - they're usually the ones squawking if it happens.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My grandson's birthday is tomorrow. We are cooking hotdogs on the grill and having a big old party. :nod:

Last edited:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just had lunch. We splurged today and had bacon, lettuce and tomato on toasted bread. Is there any sandwich any better.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
on this pic you can see the red scar next to her hairline just to her right. She was grumpy because she did not want that pic taken which showed her scar. Her coloring really was this reddish purple due to her heart defect.
That's horrible! It also doesn't make sense since it's best to catch things like that early for people with heart problems, because dealing with them later could cause the heart to seize. She is a beautiful girl. 

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Started the Whole 30 Diet w/ my sister on Sunday.  Another sister is going to join us soon.  They recommend eating grass fed hormone free beef (and everything else).  OMG the prices of the beef is outrageous.  It does taste amazing.  So far have had ground beef from Costco and a chuck roast.  Not sure I can bring myself to spend $18.00 lb for steak for four adults.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Started the Whole 30 Diet w/ my sister on Sunday.  Another sister is going to join us soon.  They recommend eating grass fed hormone free beef (and everything else).  OMG the prices of the beef is outrageous.  It does taste amazing.  So far have had ground beef from Costco and a chuck roast.  Not sure I can bring myself to spend $18.00 lb for steak for four adults.
Good luck on your diet. Just try not to think about how good a nice cold vanilla ice cream in a pretty waffle sugar cone would taste when it's so hot outside you just want something cool on your tongue. Please excuse me while I go get that ice cream cone I just talked myself into. Once again---good luck! 

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Good luck on your diet. Just try not to think about how good a nice cold vanilla ice cream in a pretty waffle sugar cone would taste when it's so hot outside you just want something cool on your tongue. Please excuse me while I go get that ice cream cone I just talked myself into. Once again---good luck! 
Thanks, even if you are a cruel person
.  My DD has already made Cinnamon maple cookies and pumpkin bars.  The deal is she can bake stuff but I get to give some away.  It's been easier than I thought but it's only the 4th day.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks, even if you are a cruel person
.  My DD has already made Cinnamon maple cookies and pumpkin bars.  The deal is she can bake stuff but I get to give some away.  It's been easier than I thought but it's only the 4th day.
Your DD sounds quite talented in the kitchen way. 
 I've never had cinnamon maple cookies or pumpkin bars. 
 You know, when we have extra baked goods that I make, I usually take some up to the Library to share with the librarians. 

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went to a yard sale on Saturday and she found a Mrs Field's Cookie cookbook.  Her cinnamon maple cookies were like a pie crust w/cinnamon sugar spread on top then rolled into a log and sliced.  Then maple syrup was put on top before baking.  They smelled really good.

The pumpkin bars were from a box mix.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
either way I bet they were really yummy. as far as store bought cookies-I have been disappointed in the local grocery store chain bakeries except for one. They almost taste like they added too much flour to the mix and not enough flavors. I think the older I get I prefer my own cooking vs prepackaged or precooked etc. Except for Chinese food-I can't replicate that yummy stuff. Trying to think of topics to keep "babbling"

Status
Not open for further replies.