Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am finally back. My work computer has been down since Friday. Once I got caught up with work I was finally able to get back in here and see what's been happening.

catladyvettech

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've gotta agree with the previous posts. Cats are way better than dogs. Dogs are too needy (although my cat Ingvild Solveig is pretty needy too) and I can't stand barking. It drives me nuts. I had a Siamese named Scarface who made the terrible Siamese noises but I always thought it was kinda cute, not annoying like barking. Yep, I'll stick with cats any day. :)

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have to agree. I prefer cats. Dogs are noisy, needy and no matter how many baths they have they still smell like dog. The furniture, carpet and whole house smells like dog. Even with two or three litter boxes in my house it don't smell THAT bad.

My EX-roommate has a dog and there was always stress between him and my cats. He was always aggravating them and his owner would complain when they would hiss and scratch him. I told him if he had a problem with that the dog could go. He said if the dog went so would he........ They BOTH are now gone!!!!!  

CATS RULE!!!!!!!    

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I like both cats and dogs, but know from experience that dogs are a lot more work. One of my favorite shelter jobs is walking the dogs.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We dog sat a standard poodle for a week.  He was pretty cute.  Dominos was playing their 'Get the door it's Dominos' commercials and every time the doorbell rang he would get up and bark at the door.  After a while he would just lift his head and give a quiet 'woof'.  LOL  That commercial played every 15 minutes.  He really like DH and knew when he would get home.  He would sit at the window and watch for him.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Around here you see more and more Standard Poodles trained as guide, i.e., "seeing eye" dogs. I guess they don't tend to have hip dysplasia like Shepherds do.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poodles are very intelligent. Cute too. 
 I'm not really a dog person though. They are too needy for me. This dog that I have now will be the last one for a very long time if not ever. She's a good girl and it's not about her. I just prefer cats and always have. The only reason that I didn't have any before now is that DH was allergic. DD is a cat person too. I don't see her ever getting a dog. 

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Standard Poodles are pretty smart.  My friend was always teaching hers new tricks, even as he got older.  She said you had to keep the mental stimulation going with them.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The babble thread is on its way,

To hitting post 1000 today.

We keep babbling away,

Who will take the prize today?

Yeah, the poem was just an excuse to repost some pics. 

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They are so cute. And I love the name prissy. Reminds me of the old fog horn leg horn cartoons with miss prissy, the hen that was too old to lay an egg. Hahaha

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Looks like we are back up online. That was a bit strange to have an update all of a sudden. I remember the Foghorn Leghorn cartoon. "I say, I say!" [emoji]128522[/emoji]

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That was kind of a dirty trick. Jury selection was finally dismissed and I couldn't wait to see where we were on the babble thread, then poof......offline. glad we're back.

Sarthur2 Sarthur2 That was one of my favorite cartoons. I loved the episodes with the chicken hawk. Hahaha. He was so cute.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kelvin comes home tonight!  Haven't seen him since early January.  Should be cleaning the house.  At least his room is clean.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I don't care for dogs either=especially small hyper barky ones.

I will always be a cat person!

I just prefer cats-and it was strange having no cat site for an HOUR!!! OMG!!

I spend most time here instead of facebook-easier to "hide" from certain nosey people who creep my facebook and don't leave comments until they need something from me.

Going to take pumpkin to her laser therapy tonight then dad stopping over for a few minutes. Hopefully I get some yard work done tonight-got a phone number for a carpenter to see about a quote for new deck-right now its only safe for cats-the boards are rotted through-most places I can walk on it and its fine-but I don't let anyone else walk on it-I just walk where the support boards run underneath=those are still nice and strong=crawled underneath to put a jack under and level it with additional support-till I saw how damaged some of the boards are-

so hopefully this wont be a disaster like my roof replacement was last year=after getting it done-they broke my skylights and leaks were everywhere-hired more expensive person who took 2 weeks to fix=including replace skylights with real glass ones-and of course the house is 28 x 52 so its a lot of shingles..and all the fun of cutting to shape around edges and peaks-I like the job-they did a good job but I want to try someone else. And another $$$$ spent.

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
House repairs sure get expensive, quick. We had a leak in our laudry room from the hot water tank valve. Caught it right away but still ended up having to replace the floor. Between the plumber, the company to dry the wood underlayment and new tile it cost a little over $3500.00.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Handsome Kitty

You must be excited to see your son. Are you planning a special "Welcome Home" dinner?
No special dinner.  He comes in at 8 pm.  Kim is planning to make him a cake.  We might bring him some Chick fil a if he doesn't grab dinner during his layover in Seattle.

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Ooooh, cake.  Yumm.  
   Now I wish I had someone coming round this evening.  

I had my hair cut today then foolishly went shopping in Ikea.  
    I managed to NEED 2 new sheets, some new anti slip for my rugs (that is needed as Mouse has managed to wreck the stuff under them just now and scoots about the hall and the spare room far too often), some under bed storage to replace the under bed storage I already have (as you do), and a storage box with lid which is like a little tray which looks good for being able to make my jewelry while sitting on the sofa rather than at the dining table.  More comfy for me and less boring for Mouse as he can sit next to me and occasionally get a little stroke.  

Getting excited about reaching this 1000th post.  

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Big yum.  It takes a whole day pretty much to make since you have to freeze between layers and overnight before the ganosh goes on top.  Even with a stand up mixer it's a two person job.

Status
Not open for further replies.