Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks like a gorgeous day here too.  Going to visit some native plants gardens today.

This morning Fluffy actually came onto my bed just as I woke up and was headbutting me and looking for head scratches.  She's never done that before.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats enjoyed their walk. It was fun for Carrot, but Angua is still a bit scared of the outdoors. She doesn't like being set down, but will sit on my shoulder. Very different from Carrot who purrs the whole time.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel like I want to go out again. It was nice yesterday (even if it was for a not-so-pleasant reason). Been so long it seems. Any going out I did the last few weeks felt like there was a cloud hanging over it.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
SO...I sat up late last night reading an old favorite book, and finally turned the light out around 4am, with the clock set for 10am (my usual schedule is sleep 2am to 10am).  GUESS WHO DECIDED TO SQUALL IN MY EAR AT 6AM?  Yep.  Hekitty Renee went totally bugnuts and decided that breakfast could not wait one second longer.  I managed to ignore her for about five minutes, but that cat has a set of lungs a Muezzin would be proud to own!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Let's see, what's new today?  Oh, we're going to see "The Jungle Book" later this afternoon.  Can't wait!  Should be very good.  At least the previews look great. 

Also, just finished baking some yummy protein bars.  Good grief...they better be good, 'cause they've got 4 cups of nuts, 2 cups of medjule dates, 2 cups of dried apricots, etc.  These things cost a fortune to make, but are extremely healthy, so that's what count.  My nutritionist friend gave me the recipe.  NO sugar, and only 4 T's of regular flour.  When SHE made them they were spectacular.  Let's hope I didn't flub them up

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

He seems better so far so fingers crossed.

This picture reminds me of how Angua and Carrot still play. They are so rough with each other grabbing each others scruff/cheek with their teeth.
 That seems to be the favorite way for cats to play, with each other anyway!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I enjoyed reading the Jungle Book.  I think it will be great @mrsgreenjeens.  I watched the Reverent last night.  Let me get this straight...Leonardo DiCaprio did not  win an Oscar for Titanic but he won one for that?  Maybe my expectations were just too high.

I went out to check the garden and again, the tomatoes seem to have gotten a lot taller overnight.  I also found some jalapeno pepper plants at the store today.  I had all but given up, thinking maybe there was a jalapeno pepper shortage this year.  

Last edited:

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I saw my little kitty at the fishing hole last night and again today. She had a friend with her last night. I think it was her kin because it looked just like her. I had to feed them again of course lol.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I saw my little kitty at the fishing hole last night and again today. She had a friend with her last night. I think it was her kin because it looked just like her. I had to feed them again of course lol.
Oooh, it sounds like you are making some new friends there.  
    I wonder if there will be even more there the next time you go fishing?  
   Are you catching any fish or just cats?

@sarthur2  I'd never heard of the Andy Griffith show but I see you can watch some episodes on line so I might take a look over the next couple of days as I don't have work now til Wednesday. 

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@kntrygrl256, I love to fish!  What could be better than fishing and seeing cats?  What kind of fish do you fish for?  In the city where I lived in Georgia, the river where we fished was more like a swamp, trees dripping with Spanish moss and all that.  The water was complete with gar, cottonmouths, snapping turtles, and alligators.  It was a beautiful place, though.  And we caught some huge crappie.  

@MServant, I don't think you'll be disappointed in Andy Griffith.  For such nice small town people, they could certainly get into some fixes.

Last edited:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I'm just jumping in to say hello after being out of commission for a few days.  Now to start trying to catch up.  I can not believe how much babbling has gone on already!

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have learned something about two of the cats, Spot and Ra: they both love flash cards (made from index cards). Not the plain index cards that I haven't written on yet, mind you, but the ones that I have. The two of them actually got into a fight over which one got to lie on them--and I had to redo four of the cards. 

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

I have learned something about two of the cats, Spot and Ra: they both love flash cards (made from index cards). Not the plain index cards that I haven't written on yet, mind you, but the ones that I have. The two of them actually got into a fight over which one got to lie on them--and I had to redo four of the cards. 
Well, of course they want the flash cards that you've already prepared.  It's no fun if you don't have to wrestle with them to get your cards back!  
   My old rainbow kitty Lucy used to go out of her way to sleep on plastic bags but fortunately I didn't actually have to use them for anything. 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
nurseangel nurseangel

Where in Georgia did you live, and which river was it? I grew up in Macon, GA, and our river was the Ocmulgee - named by the Indians who inhabited the area many moons ago. The name means "old muddy" river.

mservant mservant

Let me know what you think of Andy Griffith after you watch! Ron Howard, who plays Opie, grew up to star in another series called "Happy Days." He also once had a guest role on "The Waltons." He became a director of films such as "Cocoon" and "A Beautiful Mind"
later in his career.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Just thinking about how lucky I am to have all the babies I do in my life. I absolutely adore each and every one of them. I have to laugh when people are shocked that I have four cats. "You have FOUR CATS?" And here I am thinking, I would love to have many more! But for now, just gonna keep things the way they are.

Waiting for the evening to go by now so I can go to bed. I'd go now, but not quite tired enough, and everyone is still up. I can't go to bed until everyone else does for some reason.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Aw. Cats are so incredibly unhelpful sometimes. It is often a challenge to work around them.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Let's see, what's new today?  Oh, we're going to see "The Jungle Book" later this afternoon.  Can't wait!  Should be very good.  At least the previews look great. 

Also, just finished baking some yummy protein bars.  Good grief...they better be good, 'cause they've got 4 cups of nuts, 2 cups of medjule dates, 2 cups of dried apricots, etc.  These things cost a fortune to make, but are extremely healthy, so that's what count.  My nutritionist friend gave me the recipe.  NO sugar, and only 4 T's of regular flour.  When SHE made them they were spectacular.  Let's hope I didn't flub them up
Would she object if you shared the recipe?  I've been trying to figure out whether I can make oatmeal cookies substituting medjool dates for the brown sugar, and maybe coconut flour for some of the all purpose flour.

Margret

Status
Not open for further replies.