Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
O
I just recieved news from my boyfriend yesterday that his 14 year old cat Maxi has late stage liver cancer and only has about 3 weeks left to live. Poor Maxi :( they are going to put her down in late july or early august. :(

My boyfriend is really broken up about it. He and his family have had her since 2003 (but she was over a year old when they got her from the shelter) :( .
Oh my. That's so sad. I'm so sorry for you guys.

I use Sea compost that is made from lobster and shellfish-I havent composted in 3 years and I swear by whatever they put in it. The other thing that is really good fertilizer=you need gloves and a shovel=chicken :censor: . I have a guy at work who grows tomato plants 8 to 10 feet tall. He never gives away his secret but I know he has chickens. So its either chicken crap or fish. Or? Try it-it will just compost back into the earth anyways.

For giggles=Honeybee   :lol3:    :lol3:    :jump:   :jump:  :lol:  :lol:

I absolutely love LOVE this photo. She was chewing and gave me silly looks! :lol3:   :lol3:  
Thank you. I don't have chickens anymore, but I'm going to try the fish. Cute kittie. Love the face she's making

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
@Rhondalee   Thank you! I think she is cute too! especially when she carries her toy mice outside n lets them go in the grassy areas. then the rains come-and makes it look like a drowned rat!   

@Angels mommyI am so sorry you have been so very sick!! I saw your post on the question of the day-you could come clean all our homes and I KNOW we would tip you well!! And you can play with our kitties!! 

by the way if anyone wants to see all of Honeybee's photos-google search facebook Honeybee The Ham Feline Adventures. She has her own page 

Last edited:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone here ever planted a fish under their tomato plants? My mom swears by it and her tomato plant is taller than her. Mine, on the other hand, is only about 8 inches tall. I'm thinking about burying one next to mine tomorrow. Any advice or experience with this fish thing?
American Indians showed the first colonists how to do this, so this technique has been around for a very long time. The fish provide a lot of nutrients for the plant, including that all-important calcium. They are a natural fertilizer. So are the chicken droppings. If you use the fish, I wouldn't use a very large one.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I absolutely love LOVE this photo. She was chewing and gave me silly looks! 

Honeybee looks like she's just heard a good joke - she really does seem to be laughing.   This is a terrific photo. 

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha they are sharing the Fly!! Oh cats they are really silly!!! 

Yes Honeybee looks like she was told a funny joke=it was a perfect picture! and It makes me smile every time I see it!

Floey is still picking at her food but it was hot earlier. She just finished mowing down the rest of the water in her wet food and some kibble. She is sleeping in the other window the one that Honeybee sometimes steals from her. They often fight over who gets which window.I only leave 2 of them open-not including the one in the livingroom but that one has a fan in it so she probably wont want to sit next to the whirrring fan.

Ok gang off to bed. Will see if Honeybee sleeps with me tonight-its supposed to be cooler finally.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
raina21 raina21 I'm so sorry to hear about your boyfriend's kitty :hugs: That is such tough news to hear :(

@Artiemom I'm :lol3: about the "gifts". Maple leaves "gifts" because she gets constipated and well, goes wherever she is when she gets the urge when it acts up.

foxxycat foxxycat I wish you lived closer too! I'd totally have you look at it. I shut off the water valve by the toilet, wishing I'd known how to last night when the dripping (inside the tank) was driving me crazy. Think I'll try to duct tape it (or gorilla tape if we have it) at least until my nephew can come by. No leaking thankfully. And ewwww for the overall water valve being under the house. Ours is over by our hot water heater. Oh, and btw, that pic of Honeybee is so cute!!!

So tonight, I went to orientation to volunteer at the cat shelter in the city. I'd meant to go to it back in March, but I found out about Sara's acute renal failure the weekend before. So, I am there now. Tuesday and Thursday evenings, volunteers can come over and socialize with the kitties. So orientation days are always on those days during those times. I went into their main room that people looking to adopt go into. It was full of youngin's! Very cute but I have three little crazies at home, so went and visited a couple of the kitties that were in rooms by themselves for various reasons. Then I found the seniors room. Actually, it was kitties that have pee pee problems (for various reasons). So spent a good chunk of my time in there. I'm guessing a lot of folks are squeamish about it as none of the new volunteers went in there, there were only a couple of the other volunteers (who had been volunteering for years from what I could tell).

And now I sit here and enjoy the fact I don't have to work until Wednesday.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thats sad about the seniors/pee pee problem kitties..its just liquid for petes sake. Maybe if more people stop being squirmish about bodily fluids then we would see less rehoming of animals for pee pee problems. half the time its the owners not picking up on the stress signs that the cats give out. Although I will say I have no experience with pee pee issues=so maybe I just dont understand. I know those animals need all the affection they can get. So glad you stepped up to the plate and loved on the older kittahs 
 thank you for the compliments for Bee Kitty  :)

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
thats sad about the seniors/pee pee problem kitties..its just liquid for petes sake. Maybe if more people stop being squirmish about bodily fluids then we would see less rehoming of animals for pee pee problems. half the time its the owners not picking up on the stress signs that the cats give out. Although I will say I have no experience with pee pee issues=so maybe I just dont understand. I know those animals need all the affection they can get. So glad you stepped up to the plate and loved on the older kittahs :heart3:  thank you for the compliments for Bee Kitty  :)
I DO have experience with pee-pee problems and don't understand. Can't tell you how many people have said to me, "Why don't you just get rid of Maple?" I can't begin to tell you the things I want to say in reply to these people. I think I ultimately say something like, "That's not an option." because nothing else gets through anyone's head. These kitties I saw today were just so sweet! There was no smell whatsoever in there, so I didn't even realize it was the pee-pee room until one of the volunteers said something about it.

I think one of them peed on the towel by the litter box when I was in there and was trying to bury it with the rest of the towel. I thought it was adorable because Pea-Pea (that nickname may be more fitting than I thought!) sometimes doesn't have her bum all the way in the litter box and pees on the pad underneath the litter box in my room. So Oliver will try to bury it with the rest of the pee pad, which isn't enough. So, he digs some of the litter outside of the litter box :doh3: which is why there is litter all over the rug in my room! Ah well, such is life.

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww your kitties sound so cute! They are helping each other out! I have one who digs to china and dumps it all over. I have to run the vacuum tomorrow morning before i leave for work. I did it yesterday morning,. and already the carpet is loaded with cat litter...but I dont care. It could be worse...one of them left me a nugget again. I think its the Miralax that is doing this so got to cut back a bit-so hard-I just want them to poo normal without gas pains or upset stomach like we get when we eat fiber or at least I get a bloated stomach from fiber. uggg. Thank  you Donutte for taking care of these precious kittahs!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Has anyone here ever planted a fish under their tomato plants? My mom swears by it and her tomato plant is taller than her. Mine, on the other hand, is only about 8 inches tall. I'm thinking about burying one next to mine tomorrow. Any advice or experience with this fish thing?
Fish meal is recommended as a fertilizer so it's not surprising that the whole fish will do the same. Also a handful of Epsom salt put in the hole before you plant will do wonders. you can also sprinkle that around your tomatoes before you water.

You also need to plant tomatoes really deep, bury half of the plant into the soil, the stem under the ground will make more roots and thus a strong plant that can take up more nutrients from the soil.

I use composted horse manure to fill up my raised beds and plant straight into that and my tomatoes are also taller than I am and are loaded with tomatoes although mostly still green at this time. At the beginning of each planting season I put more compost on top and I never ever dig and I don't use any more fertilizer besides what I compost myself and spread on top every spring before I plant.

It also depends on what kind of tomato you are growing. If it is a terminate one like Early Girl or Best Boy or Patio then the tomato plant won't get all that tall and will have one big flush of tomatoes and then that's it. On the other hand if you have an indeterminate one like Beefsteaks or heirlooms then the plant will grow and bear fruit until frost gets it and kills it.

Burying a fish next to your tomato will do wonders, it's a shot of organic fertilizer. You might also consider putting all your vegetable and fruit peels and trimmings including egg shells and coffee grounds in a blender and using that as fertilizer everywhere, your veggies and flowers will thank you. 

I have done organic gardening for over 25 years in various climates so I am somewhat of an expert.

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well our stray friend came back tonight. She's been consistently eating the food I put out, but I never cought a glimpse of her for the past week, until tonight. She ran away in a bit of a hurry when she saw me though. So she is more fearful than she was when we first saw her :(

View media item 358386

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
@Anne It seems that the Microsoft Edge browser was the issue.  I'm on FireFox now and all is well.  I'll be going to Chrome later on, now that I know how to migrate my bookmarks from FireFox.  One step further along in getting C Rex out to pasture!
Awesome news! Thanks for letting me know! After losing the market to other browsers, you'd think Microsoft would learn their lesson and make their browsers more compatible 
 I use Chrome by the way. As far as I know, it's the safest browser and I really like it.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All right, just got on the computer after getting home from work (I had to get something to eat first, after all the sugar I had to keep myself going last night I was starving). My boss came in and informed me that the times for everything were changing on third shift; all side work must be done by three thirty, roller must be going at four, coffee going at four forty-five, and cleaning supplies up while garbage is behind the counter ready to be grabbed to go back. I don't mind the fact that the times have changed since the last time she gave them to me (there was a meeting last week for general managers in the area; I figure the times must have changed then), but I kind of resent the implication that I should have known even though this is my first time on third since the times changed. She also told me to keep my phone on and near me today--I think she's expecting one of my coworkers to call off. (Speaking of my coworkers: there's one that I've never seen, always seems to be calling off--I've been called in at the last minute for her more than once and so have others working at the store--and until last night I was sort of wondering if she was a figment of everyone's imagination. What happened last night? She called to tell me I've been looking after third shift customers wrong.)

I will say that it was fun watching the coworker I relieved (she had to come back for gas; ours is the cheapest in the area that won't ruin a car engine) rip into a customer who was yelling at me because the computer wouldn't let me process a money order. 
 I know I shouldn't be happy about it, but the woman was getting on my nerves. I told  her the computer wouldn't let me do a money order, I explained that they told us in training that we couldn't do money orders on third shift, and then I tried to do it anyway. (My register locked up and the coworker who yelled at the woman had to fix it for me.) I have to say, watching that unpleasant woman get taken down a peg left me smiling all night long. (I know that's mean of me--and I'll work on it. Really I will.)

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woke up to a warm Honeybee on me and she curled up next to my face. I was actually cold with the fan on. Jon complaining its giving him a sore throat. I told him I can't be waking up every hour from sweating. I need my blankets. I told him to turn the other way or sleep on the bed. Men!

It's a ghost town at work. only half of the people here. Everyone took a long weekend. Probably be light on Tuesday too. Still haven't made plans for the 3 days off. I think I will go to the gym while its dead.

I also have 8 hard boiled eggs I need to eat up. I think I am going to make deviled eggs this morning here at work. I got mayo/mustard/pepper n salt. I don't have any paprika or relish but I think the mayo n mustard will give it a flavor. I have two bowls. and a plate. I just think its funny that I boiled a dozen eggs to eat at work but instead they are still here. so I thought about making something fun with them but I don't have an egg dish to keep them from falling over. Maybe I will lay parchment paper down on the plate otherwise I think that they would go sliding off the dish. Or am I just nutty? I ate one egg but I am not hungry...this was to deter myself from snacking. It didn't work.

Last edited:

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
All right, just got on the computer after getting home from work (I had to get something to eat first, after all the sugar I had to keep myself going last night I was starving). My boss came in and informed me that the times for everything were changing on third shift; all side work must be done by three thirty, roller must be going at four, coffee going at four forty-five, and cleaning supplies up while garbage is behind the counter ready to be grabbed to go back. I don't mind the fact that the times have changed since the last time she gave them to me (there was a meeting last week for general managers in the area; I figure the times must have changed then), but I kind of resent the implication that I should have known even though this is my first time on third since the times changed. She also told me to keep my phone on and near me today--I think she's expecting one of my coworkers to call off. (Speaking of my coworkers: there's one that I've never seen, always seems to be calling off--I've been called in at the last minute for her more than once and so have others working at the store--and until last night I was sort of wondering if she was a figment of everyone's imagination. What happened last night? She called to tell me I've been looking after third shift customers wrong.)

I will say that it was fun watching the coworker I relieved (she had to come back for gas; ours is the cheapest in the area that won't ruin a car engine) rip into a customer who was yelling at me because the computer wouldn't let me process a money order. :D  I know I shouldn't be happy about it, but the woman was getting on my nerves. I told her the computer wouldn't let me do a money order, I explained that they told us in training that we couldn't do money orders on third shift, and then I tried to do it anyway. (My register locked up and the coworker who yelled at the woman had to fix it for me.) I have to say, watching that unpleasant woman get taken down a peg left me smiling all night long. (I know that's mean of me--and I'll work on it. Really I will.)
Don't be too hard on yourself. She deserved it. She was demanding you do something that you were incapable of and not being very understanding. She was the mean one. But it's nice to know see you have a concience!

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Woke up to a warm Honeybee on me and she curled up next to my face. I was actually cold with the fan on. Jon complaining its giving him a sore throat. I told him I can't be waking up every hour from sweating. I need my blankets. I told him to turn the other way or sleep on the bed. Men!

It's a ghost town at work. only half of the people here. Everyone took a long weekend. Probably be light on Tuesday too. Still haven't made plans for the 3 days off. I think I will go to the gym while its dead.

I also have 8 hard boiled eggs I need to eat up. I think I am going to make deviled eggs this morning here at work. I got mayo/mustard/pepper n salt. I don't have any paprika or relish but I think the mayo n mustard will give it a flavor. I have two bowls. and a plate. I just think its funny that I boiled a dozen eggs to eat at work but instead they are still here. so I thought about making something fun with them but I don't have an egg dish to keep them from falling over. Maybe I will lay parchment paper down on the plate otherwise I think that they would go sliding off the dish. Or am I just nutty? I ate one egg but I am not hungry...this was to deter myself from snacking. It didn't work.
I've done hard boiled eggs a lot of different ways, but the most popular recipe at family gatherings is the simplest: hard-boiled egg yolk, mayonnaise, yellow mustard, and salt and pepper. (I've actually made them experimenting with things like relish, ham, pimento, mushrooms, horseradish, hot pepper, brown mustard, dijon mustard, and seasoned salt--not all at the same time, of course.)
Don't be too hard on yourself. She deserved it. She was demanding you do something that you were incapable of and not being very understanding. She was the mean one. But it's nice to know see you have a concience!
The thing is, I pride myself on my customer service skills. Most of the customers who go through my register leave, if not actually happy, then pleased with my efficiency. For the most part, when I explain that there's something I just can't do (like accepting 100 dollar bills on third shift) people are understanding. There have been a lot  of robberies (and while I'm glad my company insurance will take care of me if the worst happens during a robber, I'm kind of sad that it needs to), and I don't do anything  let people who might be spying on my store (I can't see outside of the windows unless I'm right next to them at night, because of the tint) think that I might have enough to make the store an attractive target. Do I think that everyone is a potential robber? No. Do I believe in being careful? Yes. 

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really am itching to leave work. So boring. But trying to save my time for August when its really yucky out. Plus I keep telling myself even if I want to go swimming-There will be too many people there. But I really enjoyed myself even if I was dressed weird. I am going to try the exercise shorts and bathingsuit this weekend with tanktop over it. I don't care what anyone thinks but I know I have not been able to find a bikini for a size 16/18 that is too short in the back. So the black thigh high tight spandex shorts over my swim suit with the tankini top I kept from 10 years ago is what I will wear. I wish I didn't toss my larger bathing suits back into recycling. I could have used it this weekend. Or maybe head to Macys and see if anything is left but I doubt I will find anything I like. I hate wet skin and chaffing thighs. Its the WORST feeling in the world.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise

I will say that it was fun watching the coworker I relieved (she had to come back for gas; ours is the cheapest in the area that won't ruin a car engine) rip into a customer who was yelling at me because the computer wouldn't let me process a money order. :D  I know I shouldn't be happy about it, but the woman was getting on my nerves. I told her the computer wouldn't let me do a money order, I explained that they told us in training that we couldn't do money orders on third shift, and then I tried to do it anyway. (My register locked up and the coworker who yelled at the woman had to fix it for me.) I have to say, watching that unpleasant woman get taken down a peg left me smiling all night long. (I know that's mean of me--and I'll work on it. Really I will.)
Oh my. Sounds like things are really crazy where you work sometimes! Are you expected to be on call 24/7 or something? That's kinda crazy. I remember working at the call center for a cab company (before they had websites you could order from and LONG before things like Uber). I often would get called at the last minute to come in and help. Worked a few double-shifts in my time there - omg, that was awful. I was on heavy-duty meds for depression at the time that made me absolutely need to sleep about 12 hours a day, or I was a zombie. So I basically did my job as a zombie. Although, it wasn't difficult, just answering calls and taking orders, so I guess that's ok. But I hated that I felt I could never plan anything because I never knew when I would get a call (and as I suspect might be your case, there was no way I was going to turn down overtime hours).

Your post made me :lol3: No, you are not nutty, but you are pretty creative to think about making deviled eggs while at work! Deviled eggs are awesome so I would never find that to be a crazy thing to do. My mom makes them and they taste SO good. She uses mayo, dijon mustard, dill weed (she puts that in EVERYTHING), paprika of course on top. But the real ingredient that makes her deviled eggs pop - BBQ potato chips crumbled up and mixed into the yolk mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.