Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise

I could have used one for my youngest child.  He was off in a flash in parking lots and was unaware of the cars around him.

It feels warm today.  I missed my walk this morning so am off to wander in the pool.  I can't swim - my shape is too unwieldy and I just get stuck in one spot and can't seem to move forward. 
I'm considering one for my husband, Malls and stores and the man vanishes. Which is fine by me. Better he not see what's happening in Macys. He can't manage his phone at all. Training him to use his cell phone is a work in progress. It would be nice to be able to reel him in when I'm ready to check out.

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I agree. I'd rather see a child on a leash than another amber alert for a missing child.

My sister actually has a shirt that says "I support leash cildren." On it haha.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm considering one for my husband, Malls and stores and the man vanishes. Which is fine by me. Better he not see what's happening in Macys. He can't manage his phone at all. Training him to use his cell phone is a work in progress. It would be nice to be able to reel him in when I'm ready to check out.
This sounds like my husband.  If he wasn't always here I'd suspect bigamy.  Luckily he doesn't go to the mall, the grocery store is bad enough.  And yes! what is it with these guys and cell phones.  Mine doesn't even charge his, let alone carry it with him.  He currently has a track phone which I am letting die after his business trip in August.  It's too much money to spend and something that doesn't get used.  Then he tells his family I keep canceling his phone.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@Handsome Kitty  Your youngest sounds like they were a lot like me.  

I love swimming but only in a reasonably cool pool and fresh air.  I used to go to a heated open air pool several times a week but had to stop after down-sizing my income for a less stressful life style.  That was over 2 years ago and I still miss it nearly every day.  
    Don't miss the stress though.  
    In door pools just aren't the same, the chlorine is much stronger, the air warm and full of chlorine and the places always seem so noisy compared with being outdoor.   There used to be quite a few people who would go to the pool and walk up and down or use it for exercising rather than swimming because there wasn't any really deep area.   

Today I am congratulating my self because I managed to get my recently bought 'smart phone' connected to my home wifi and put TCS on as a bookmarked web site.  
     That is pretty good going for me.  
   I didn't try post anything from my phone but I did complete the 'What job' quiz for Mouse. 
  ( I can't see the quizzes on my laptop for some reason even if I use different browsers).   Apparently Mouse would be a beautician!  

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

This sounds like my husband.  If he wasn't always here I'd suspect bigamy.  Luckily he doesn't go to the mall, the grocery store is bad enough.  And yes! what is it with these guys and cell phones.  Mine doesn't even charge his, let alone carry it with him.  He currently has a track phone which I am letting die after his business trip in August.  It's too much money to spend and something that doesn't get used.  Then he tells his family I keep canceling his phone.
I have upgraded mine to one of the lower end smart phones. That seems to be working to some degree. He turns the ringer off before going to bed and then forgets to turn it back on. Our discussions often sound like a mother and teenage son. Is your phone on ? Is the righter on ? Is your phone charged ?

He's been better since the larger screen. I think part of the problem was his big old man hands kept hitting buttons by accident on his smaller older phone.

Oh I also hijacked his phone and put a special ring tone on it for when I'm calling.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
At Motoblot. IT'S SO FREAKING HOT OUT. And barely a cloud in the sky. Of course, I forgot sunblock, so hanging out in the shade. Omg. I hate the heat! Wish I had known it would be outdoors. Even my friend in one of the bands didn't know till today.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
At Motoblot. IT'S SO FREAKING HOT OUT. And barely a cloud in the sky. Of course, I forgot sunblock, so hanging out in the shade. Omg. I hate the heat! Wish I had known it would be outdoors. Even my friend in one of the bands didn't know till today.
Lots of water and hang onto your patch of the shade. So are the bands good ?

Last edited:

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I am. Not much breeze here but it's either this or fry. Trying not to pass out. Thankfully some clouds are starting to show up.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

Lots of water and hang onto your patch of the shade.
Pssst.  @Kittens Mom you need to add some words.
I hope you can manage to have a good time despite the heat.  Maybe it's one of those events you'll think of more fondly when it's over than when you're actually experiencing it.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
You know, my friend and I were saying if they were smart, there would be a sunblock booth. But noooo. And I will probably enjoy it much more when the sun goes down.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I hope you enjoy yourself Donutte! And yeah the heat makes me ill too. We just finally had the sun go behind the trees and all the windows are open. I think it will be another pleasant sleeping night.

I just got asked to do something weird. Jon asked me to cut his hair. Mind you I cut my own all the time but never anyone else's. It came out ok-he has bone straight baby fine blonde/red hair and grey but they lay differently. the blonde hair is much straighter but the white hair all seem to have a kink to it-so it looks ok but he had to finish up around the ears. I was so afraid that I would cut his ear that's why I didn't trim. The back came out good. He had long hair but it was looking like a hippie. Then he wouldn't let me wet it as I was taught to wet the hair first. Luckily his hair layers relatively well so it didn't look too bad. I cant hold the comb or scissors at the same time, dropped the comb a few times.

margd

Veteran
Purraise

I hope you enjoy yourself Donutte! And yeah the heat makes me ill too. We just finally had the sun go behind the trees and all the windows are open. I think it will be another pleasant sleeping night.

I just got asked to do something weird. Jon asked me to cut his hair. Mind you I cut my own all the time but never anyone else's. It came out ok-he has bone straight baby fine blonde/red hair and grey but they lay differently. the blonde hair is much straighter but the white hair all seem to have a kink to it-so it looks ok but he had to finish up around the ears. I was so afraid that I would cut his ear that's why I didn't trim. The back came out good. He had long hair but it was looking like a hippie. Then he wouldn't let me wet it as I was taught to wet the hair first. Luckily his hair layers relatively well so it didn't look too bad. I cant hold the comb or scissors at the same time, dropped the comb a few times.
Please come over and cut my hair next.  It is in desperate need of a pair of scissors!  I can offer air conditioning and ice cream....

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Funny, I got my hair cut and dyed today. Surprised I don't have streaks of red running down my face with all the sweating. The sun is thankfully in the process of going down.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Hahaha  That's awesome! I am not the best but at least I understand how hair lays-its strange trying to figure out how to put the layers so it lays ontop of each other instead of looking like a bowl cut.

When I was 14? I got it chopped off. all of it. I was in 8th grade I think. and I have a long hairline so smart butt me decided to have them shave the back of my neck-I got the WORST rash EVER, I had to put aloe on the back and the kids and their nasty words-so I learned that I can never have too short of hair or shave my skin against the direction of the growth.

the back of head-

View media item 357240

Last edited:

margd

Veteran
Purraise

love the pictures! Its cooler now and I am off to bed. work comes fast in the morning. all the cats came in on their own. no humidity and so far a restful good day.
It looks like a lot of people went off to bed at the same time you did!  Babbling has slowed to a full stop.  Since it's the middle of the night in Maryland, I am wide awake.  Chula is snoozing beside me but Paul is off patrolling in the dark, which is filled with the sounds of jazz piano.  It's peaceful here. 

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

It looks like a lot of people went off to bed at the same time you did!  Babbling has slowed to a full stop.  Since it's the middle of the night in Maryland, I am wide awake.  Chula is snoozing beside me but Paul is off patrolling in the dark, which is filled with the sounds of jazz piano.  It's peaceful here. 
I've been cleaning. Amazing the amount of work two cats can create. Watched Midnight Special. I thought it was a pretty good movie. Like most of them I'd be unhappy if we paid to go to the theater but they're worth a few bucks for home viewing. I have a sea of cardboard boxes in the living room cat play area. It's reaching intervention level. I can hear Mercy making her fax machine noises as she cruises though them. She's in one now giving me the slow blink. Little con artist.

margd

Veteran
Purraise
I love the way you describe all of Mercy's little endearing noises.  Some day you should video them so we can hear her in action.  I've got a similar pile of cardboard boxes in my living room.  These are essential cat furnishings. 

Status
Not open for further replies.