Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never had an energy drink, nor do I want to try one. I am just so afraid of them. I really do not trust what is in them.  I would rather have a cup of coffee. 

I tried melatonin for a while. I am not sure if it helps. Sometimes, I get plagued with insomnia. I have to get up, watch TV, nothing too interesting. I found that playing solitaire on the laptop helps me get sleepy, and a small snack like cheese and crackers. 

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Sitting here, trying to get up the nerve to call the vet manager next door and ask if they can give me a part-time job they may not even have. Because yes, I'm THAT bold that I will do that kinda thing. I did it once before, with a manager of another area at my company, and was so terrified, I had to do it via a phone call (even though the person sat just a few cubes from me) and I had to sit in the building that is adjoined to ours.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
go for it!

on another note-got hacked on my paypal-but instead they set it up as recurring payment. called paypal and they backed all the revolving payments and credited me the amount. so if you have charges on paypal you didn't set up as revolving-call them-they will fix it. sitting eating eggs and peanuts. I am so hungry I could eat a horse!

Artiemom-so glad it is working out for you with Sunshine!

Last edited:

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
Sitting here, trying to get up the nerve to call the vet manager next door and ask if they can give me a part-time job they may not even have. Because yes, I'm THAT bold that I will do that kinda thing. I did it once before, with a manager of another area at my company, and was so terrified, I had to do it via a phone call (even though the person sat just a few cubes from me) and I had to sit in the building that is adjoined to ours.
Giving Donutte a good shove.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

@Kittens Mom you need more words added!

Still looking into probiotics for the cats. So many choices out there 
Probably will go with a Human one since those typically cost less than a cat specific one.
Have you tried plain canned pumpkin?  The people who use it say it works.

So after 4 days of amazing energy with occasional lack of energy, I think my body has said STOP!  Today will be a lazy day.  I've caught up on my shopping, doctor's appts. and misc. errands.  Haven't had my walk yet today.  Woke up with an allergy induced headache.  May try out the exercise DVD I found for the old and/or very overweight people.

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I cooked a bunch of pumpkin in the fall and froze it in small containers. I iust take one out to defrost when needed and add some to canned food. I never tried canned pumpkin, but i do know pumpkin works.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise

also Tylenol PM IS Benadryl- the active ingredient is diphenhydramine hydrochloride or diphenhydramine HCL which I THINK is the same thing- when looking at sleep aids-if you see these two words as active ingredients-its Benadryl.

I only can use unisom with doxylamine succinate as this one is the only one that makes me sleep. the other unisom has the diphen ingredient. Don't fall for gimmick advertising. Active ingredients can sometimes be different measurements of these meds-sometimes they tell the exact measurement and sometimes they don't. I also notice a big difference in generic benedryl vs store brand. walmart brand is useless. rite aid and cvs brand work fine.

I still need to read the rest of the posts after this one above=but wanted to clarify the ingredients as sometimes its misleading when they tell you its a sleeping aid.
I use Alteril on occasion. The trouble is anything that really knocks me out messes me the next day. I use the no name Benadryl you find in the dollar store. They pack less of a punch but still let me get some sleep. Most OTC sleep aids leave me twitching. What I hate is the doctor telling me to turn the TV off when I sleep even though that is the surest way I will sleep and without night terrors. For my mind quiet is the enemy.

My husband just called from the doctors office. He has a sinus infection. No runny nose. sore throat but a temp and infection. So now I have to go to wally to pick up the Rx. I'm taking my shopping list with me.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one cat who hates the taste of pumpkin. I used to smear it on her mouth. she hated it. but it does the job in 12 hours. Honeybee meowed at me nonstop this morning to go outside. I gave in after meowing to her-she meowed back. love that face looking up at me and meowing at me. that pink mouth and the eyes looking at me like MOM please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've read that a lot of you have insomnia. Have you ever thought about how your diet can help you overcome it? I know by experience that a high carb diet leads to many sleepless nights. When I get all my carbs from veggies and fruits and NO grains and added sugars, I sleep awesome. Too many grains and sugars and I'm wake most of the night.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've read that a lot of you have insomnia. Have you ever thought about how your diet can help you overcome it? I know by experience that a high carb diet leads to many sleepless nights. When I get all my carbs from veggies and fruits and NO grains and added sugars, I sleep awesome. Too many grains and sugars and I'm wake most of the night.
 I have been sleeping so well on the Whole30.  I can't remember the last time I slept like the dead without help.  I'm sure all that caffeine from diet soda didn't help any.

I just received an email from a friend in Maryland with a link to an obit for her step-son.  He would have been 23 on Father's day.  He took his own life after a long struggle.  I am in shock and in tears.  I'm sure his dad is devastated.  They were close.  He was bright and smart.  I remember Cub Scout camping trips with them.  He is a year younger than my daughter.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh no not another one!!
  Words can't express how sad my soul is. All I can do is try to listen to others when they feel lost and alone.The mind plays dirty tricks telling you all kinds of BS that is just that-BS! I really hope this raises awareness and hoping people find the strength within to keep going. There are some scary battles people struggle with. IF  the bullying would stop and more compassion maybe people would speak up. But they know they will be susceptible to the snickering
 at work or in their personal life. Respect. Where has it gone? Why are people throwing in the towel? Why don't we fix the issues? Isolation is the biggest enemy. So very sad for those who have lost their way.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you think people really laugh and make comments to people who are so depressed?  I know this is talked about in high schools as part of the Health courses.  In Palo Alto CA, which is a very affluent town in Silicon Valley, the High School has had so many suicides that there are studies being done.  Many of these are bright students who can't take the pressure to succeed or to get into a certain college.  They have everything, but still can't cope. 

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/12/the-silicon-valley-suicides/413140/

whatsername85

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I suffered from depression for years, school was never fun for me I have no depth perception which is pretty much a brain injury from being born 3 months early , I've always had issues with my weight, I'm unable to drive and I don't always understand things the way other people do. Kids stole things from me all the time, would chase me home from school, call me names and throw things at me. I closed up starting in elementary school, I had friends off and on but no one stuck. Junior high wasn't much better and than in high school I made friends because they wanted to be friends with a "freak" which lasted about a year. I was asked out on dates as a joke and I'll admit my self esteem was basically none existent. I was in an abusive relationship for almost 3 years from 18 to just shy of 21. My dad passed away from cancer months before I graduated high school at 19 and other things happened into my 20s with all of that I had dark thoughts constantly  I developed severe anxiety I only feel safe if I'm out of the house with my dog Rein she's very much my protector, my mom or my boyfriend which still to this day the fact I'm in a relationship again is amazing to me. For the most part though I'm a hermit I can't answer the door without having severe heart palpitations that last for a very long time, if people have to come to fix something I'm usually standing by my dogs kennel and as much as I really need a job the prospect of being around people scares me. I won't say that bullying did all of that I think it's a combination of things but I do wish that people would really consider the other person before they do something because you just don't know what long term affects they will have. Life is hard enough without having other people making you feel like dirt.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I suffered from depression for years, school was never fun for me I have no depth perception which is pretty much a brain injury from being born 3 months early , I've always had issues with my weight, I'm unable to drive and I don't always understand things the way other people do. Kids stole things from me all the time, would chase me home from school, call me names and throw things at me. I closed up starting in elementary school, I had friends off and on but no one stuck. Junior high wasn't much better and than in high school I made friends because they wanted to be friends with a "freak" which lasted about a year. I was asked out on dates as a joke and I'll admit my self esteem was basically none existent. I was in an abusive relationship for almost 3 years from 18 to just shy of 21. My dad passed away from cancer months before I graduated high school at 19 and other things happened into my 20s with all of that I had dark thoughts constantly  I developed severe anxiety I only feel safe if I'm out of the house with my dog Rein she's very much my protector, my mom or my boyfriend which still to this day the fact I'm in a relationship again is amazing to me. For the most part though I'm a hermit I can't answer the door without having severe heart palpitations that last for a very long time, if people have to come to fix something I'm usually standing by my dogs kennel and as much as I really need a job the prospect of being around people scares me. I won't say that bullying did all of that I think it's a combination of things but I do wish that people would really consider the other person before they do something because you just don't know what long term affects they will have. Life is hard enough without having other people making you feel like dirt.
I am sorry you went through all that and are still suffering.  Most of my problems were home related and I moved out at 18.  Life got better.  Adults are usually more accepting of people's 'quirks'. 

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

one way would be to get on your old computer, pop on over to the bookmarked webpages, copy each URL, then insert them as links in an email. if you have two email accounts this will work for you, just send an email with a bunch of or all the links from one email account to the other. once you've done that, you can just get on Punk and into that email account, open the email with the links, then click on each link and bookmark it in Punk's web browser.
I never thought of that!  And I actually have 4 email accounts.  Don't ask me why.  Three are all Mamanyt1953@ various emails, and one is a very official sounding one @ TWC that I use for official stuff...letters to my lawyer, things like that.  ONE I just use for those store sites that just will not leave me alone till I sign up for a sales newsletter.  I go in and empty that one unread on a monthly basis.  One came with my computer, apparently...I'll send them to that one!

Just got word that Sunshine will be placed in a larger cubby in the adoption area, tomorrow! Her meds will re-start tonight!!  

Another volunteer/ board member contacted me thanking me for doing this....and the 10 year old will be going to his forever home tonight!!!  and the IBD guy (sweetie) another 13 yr old, is getting adopted tonight!!!   There is hope!!!!!

I originally interviewed and showed the 10 yr old to their adopter.. makes me feel so good...

ok...enough of this....

thanks again for you patience and understanding..((hugs)) to all of you...
Don't ever apologize for telling us about your work with shelter animals!  Darlin, we LOVE those stories!  Hearing about Sunshine was one of the highpoints of my day!

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a very nice chat with the manager at my vet this morning. They don't have any positions open right now (didn't think so - I'm sure I would have seen in in my many searches otherwise!), and typically they don't like to hire clients mainly because they don't want to chance negatively impacting the vet/client relationship. Which I'll admit, that thought was there on my part, so I did understand. However, with that said, she didn't want to necessarily have that be a reason to automatically discount me. So, she will let me know if anything opens, and also will keep her eyes and ears open for any other positions. She said they've seen how I am with my pets and think I'd be an asset with any vet. And can't beat getting your own vet's recommendation!

She also mentioned another thing I could do is volunteer. I've told her that I've already planned on going to orientation at the cat shelter in the city on June 30th (I'd planned on doing it in March, but Sara got sick the weekend before). She brought up one that really caught her heart, and I have to say after looking into it, it has caught mine as well. I have a special spot in my heart for seniors, and this rescue works only with seniors. I'm actually considering looking into that shelter in ADDITION to the other one because I'm a little crazy. They have what they call "the sanctuary" which is critters they've deemed unadoptable due to health issues. They either live their lives at the shelter or ideally with a foster.

Anyway, regardless, I do need to find something that PAYS. So worst case scenario, if I go the shelter route, maybe I'll take a job working at the grocery store to help with the $$$ aspect. It's literally right next door to me (vet's on one side, grocery store on the other). Can't beat walking distance. And maybe I'll get a store discount.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.