Lazy kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meshal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How can we gave them the goat milk ?? Mix in water or pure ??

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Move the kittens and mom into a room with a door that closes. Bring everything mom needs into that room, meaning litter box, water, unlimited food. Do not let her out. The kittens do not need supplementing if they are gaining weight with their mother. You must keep their mother in.

meshal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Now i don't let her out...she is always with her kittens...but the problem is that the lazy kitten not open his eyes yet...he is 12 days old now...is that normal ?? His eyes are clean ...like he open his eyes any time

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Now i don't let her out...she is always with her kittens...but the problem is that the lazy kitten not open his eyes yet...he is 12 days old now...is that normal ?? His eyes are clean ...like he open his eyes any time
Yes, the day of opened eyes may vary.  some open earlier, some a little later, some "just in average time"  You have a couple of days more before to begin and worry.    :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How can we gave them the goat milk ?? Mix in water or pure ??
IF you ever need to supplement, you can choose.  But  goats milk is ok to give as it is.

I agree with TalkingPeanut, if the kittens grow every day with mommas milk, they dont need supplementing.  Perhaps alter when then are 5+ weeks, but not yet.

moan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They are just 8 days old...and yes there mother are always with them she just go to one hour in a day ....kitten walk and cry normal ...thete is no other symptoms of bloated belly like vomiting diaearia etc..why he always stick out his toung ?? Sticking out toung while sleeping is normal but he always do this ....and he is also fat from his shoulders and head then the other kitten
having a big belly means they are getting enough milk . so don't worry 

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
having a big belly means they are getting enough milk . so don't worry 
Again, not necessarily. Weighing the kitten every day is the best way to know that the kitten is healthy and thriving.

moan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Again, not necessarily. Weighing the kitten every day is the best way to know that the kitten is healthy and thriving.
I guess , I watched my 4 kittens every day to see if they were feeding good , then I read that if their belly went big , that is a good sign . 

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess , I watched my 4 kittens every day to see if they were feeding good , then I read that if their belly went big , that is a good sign . 
Weighing them daily is the only way to know for sure. Kittens can also have big bellies from worms, etc.

meshal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can a paregnent cat give her kittens milk if yes then how long ??

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can a paregnent cat give her kittens milk if yes then how long ??
I suppose so. As long as there is need.

The problem is, it takes very much on her, being both pregnant, and giving milk to growing kittens...  So this is the practical  stopper.

meshal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No i'm worried about kittens how can i know she is giving them milk or not...i 'm not sure she is paregnent or not how can i ?? Or cats gave milk their kitren after paregnancy ??plz tell me

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Do you see the kittens nursing the mom? If so, they should be getting milk. If they cry and appear hungry, you will need to feed them yourself.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a cat that became pregnant within days of giving birth, her kittens were only a little over two months old when they were born, and she had 7! Needless to say I had to find homes for the older kittens and I did, but the one I kept nursed on mom right alongside the newborns. It DOES take a lot out of mom, so make sure you give her plenty of kitten food to build her up, it has more calories and nutrition. Good luck!

meshal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Are you sure a pregnent cat can feed her kittens ?? She have milk or how long ??
Do you see the kittens nursing the mom? If so, they should be getting milk. If they cry and appear hungry, you will need to feed them yourself.

meshal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How i check she is pregnent or not because she is feeding her kittens so her nipples are always pink
I had a cat that became pregnant within days of giving birth, her kittens were only a little over two months old when they were born, and she had 7! Needless to say I had to find homes for the older kittens and I did, but the one I kept nursed on mom right alongside the newborns. It DOES take a lot out of mom, so make sure you give her plenty of kitten food to build her up, it has more calories and nutrition. Good luck!
quote name="sarthur2" url="/t/333394/lazy-kitten/0_100#post_4204203"]Do you see the kittens nursing the mom? If so, they should be getting milk. If they cry and appear hungry, you will need to feed them yourself.[/quote

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How i check she is pregnent or not because she is feeding her kittens so her nipples are always pink

Why do you think she is pregnant again?  I thought you were keeping her inside.

meshal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes after this she is inside but there is a male cat who always comes in the house for food....suddenly she is looking healthy and start hiding herself
biy

meshal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A pregnent cat can gave milk to her kittens or not ?? Or how can i check she is paregnent or not ??