Lazlo could use your vibes again... don't know if he's out of remission or... ????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Huh. That sounds just like Queen Eva. Wonder if they are comparing notes. :lol3:

(Queen Eva lets me know when she's ready to come out of the bathroom by getting up on the back of the toilet tank and rattling the hook lock, she can just reach it from there)

So happy to hear he's still doing great after scaring you (and us)
:lol3: The bathroom door in the RV, from the inside, is just a simple push handle. We frequently accidentally closed him in there as a kitten. I taught him how to stand on the toilet and let himself out. He still knows how. :)

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:lol3: The bathroom door in the RV, from the inside, is just a simple push handle. We frequently accidentally closed him in there as a kitten. I taught him how to stand on the toilet and let himself out. He still knows how. :)
TRICK TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!!! :flail: Gotta love that boy Lazlo :rub: :heart3: RAMPING up some vibes today for our special little man :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:lol3: You know, the funny thing about that is it confirmed for us (we KNEW this already, but... ) just how LONG a cat's memory is. We taught him how to let himself out of the bathroom in 2003. Of course, once we taught him to let himself out, we were much more careful about it (because it had happened a number of times :anon: ), so he didn't need to "use" the ... trick/skill. ;) :lol3: Certainly not very often.

We moved out of the RV in 2004, and moved back in in 2008. I only started putting him in the bathroom for food/treats when we moved to all canned, timed meals in 2010 - and we continued to let Lazlo eat some kibble in there. So that is... six years later? And I'd forgotten he knew how to open the door. :lol3: But HE hadn't forgotten. :flail: I obviously stuck him in there with some kibble, and forgot about him ( :anon: ), and I remember hearing the handle being fumbled with - and the "lightbulb" clicked in my head. I grabbed Gary, and we watched to see if he'd get it open or not... obviously he did. :lol3:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I swear, these kitties are SO much more intelligent than they "allow" us to know. :lol3: I am sure you both got a good laugh back in 2010 when you heard that handle jiggle and seeing Lazlo let himself out of that bathroom and then probably gave you a smug look and was so proud of himself. :rub: They NEVER forget!!!! :lol2:

barbb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes they have long memories! Last year when the weather started getting cold and it was time to cover the gazebo with a solar pool cover for Ace and William, I let Toby go outside with us- because we were there to chaperone, and Ace/William would not be around while we are taking their shelter apart. 

So this spring when it was time for us to take the pool cover off the gazebo and get Ace and William's home ready for summer, who do you think was crying at the door and ready to come out? That's right, our little Toby. We did let him come out LOL. He never tries to go out but he knew when he saw us doing the pool cover, it was his special time :-) :-)

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AWWWWWWWW! That is too cute! :lol3: It reminded me... we used to let the cats up into the cabinets over the bed. But they started jumping down PURPOSEFULLY onto us - the middle of our back or stomachs. NOT FUN in the middle of the night! :lol3: So we moved back into the RV, and the cats were lined up on the bed, begging for us to open those cabinets. NOT happening! But any time we open one to get something out (we keep the sheets and blankets up there now), you can BET someone comes running, and tries to get up there before we shut the door. :flail:

barbb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I love that!! 
They wanted to land on you for a firm surface and to play lol. And they never forgot their favorite play spots! 

I wish I had more time with them all, I know there are more clever things I am missing LOL.