Lazlo could use your vibes again... don't know if he's out of remission or... ????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

OK. Talked to the vet today. She said the red blood indicates it did not come from his stomach, but from his esophagus. And as Cat Person said, this CAN happen when regurgitating hairballs, especially if there's a lot of hair coming up. :nod:

So at this point, we have no reason to believe he has ulcers, though keep an eye on the color of his stool (which I now know what to look for), which so far is normal. :)

His appetite has not improved since getting up the hairballs. He's eating a reduced amount at meals, and needs encouragement - but he is also eating between meals. So if he weren't terminally ill, I'd get more serious about getting back on meals-only schedule. But he is, so I'm not. :)

He seems happy and bouncy, and whether his eating is just being spoiled or what, I don't know, but I also don't care, because he's eating his nutritious food too, and very little "junk" food. :D

finnlacey

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's good news Laurie! Glad to hear he's not vomiting anymore and now you know where the blood came from. Hopefully he'll eat more but good that he's still eating.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
OK. Talked to the vet today. She said the red blood indicates it did not come from his stomach, but from his esophagus. And as Cat Person said, this CAN happen when regurgitating hairballs, especially if there's a lot of hair coming up. :nod:
So at this point, we have no reason to believe he has ulcers, though keep an eye on the color of his stool (which I now know what to look for), which so far is normal. :)
His appetite has not improved since getting up the hairballs. He's eating a reduced amount at meals, and needs encouragement - but he is also eating between meals. So if he weren't terminally ill, I'd get more serious about getting back on meals-only schedule. But he is, so I'm not. :)
He seems happy and bouncy, and whether his eating is just being spoiled or what, I don't know, but I also don't care, because he's eating his nutritious food too, and very little "junk" food. :D
Quality of life being the most important thing, this sounds pretty good. Thanks for the update!

:vibes: :vibes: :vibes: Lazlo :heart3:

princessesme

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
for Lazlo! I'm happy to hear it wasn't any ulcers. I hope his esophagus heals up from the hairballs and he feels all better soon!

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

OK. Talked to the vet today. She said the red blood indicates it did not come from his stomach, but from his esophagus. And as Cat Person said, this CAN happen when regurgitating hairballs, especially if there's a lot of hair coming up.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:lol3: Spoiled Panda!

As to the digested blood, if he had bleeding ulcers, yes, it made his stool very, very dark. And when he threw up, it looked like coffee grounds. :(

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AW sweetie :heart3: That is such a relief to hear what Dr. Summers said about the blood NOT being from the stomach and ulcers. Hoping that Lazlo just has your number :lol2: and just wants the extra special momma attention! :bigthumb: Just let him pick any number he wants, right??!!! :D :lovegrin: Continuing and ramping up vibes tonight to our boy, Lazlo :rub: :heart2: AND a truck load of hugs for momma :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :grphug: :grphug2:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks so much for asking! :)

He's doing great! He's not necessarily finishing his meals. ...but if he doesn't, all I have to do is wait 10 - 20 minutes. He'll prance into the bathroom looking for treats. I just put his leftovers in there and close the door... and he finishes his meal. :lol3:

Last edited:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's doing great! He's not necessarily finishing his meals. ...but if he doesn't, all I have to do is wait 10 - 20 minutes. He'll prance into the bathroom looking for treats. I just put his leftovers in there and close the door... and he finishes his meal. :lol3:
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Sounds like Lazlo got a bit spoiled but momma is outsmarting him now! :lol3: Good job to both of you!!! YEY wonderful news!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Laurie, I am so glad Lazlo is doing good.  Continuing prayers for your sweet cat.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Huh. That sounds just like Queen Eva. Wonder if they are comparing notes. :lol3:

(Queen Eva lets me know when she's ready to come out of the bathroom by getting up on the back of the toilet tank and rattling the hook lock, she can just reach it from there)

So happy to hear he's still doing great after scaring you (and us)

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
GOOD BOY, LAZLO!!!!!!!!! We are VERY VERY happy to hear that you need your privacy in the bathroom to finish your meal. Makes us happy and makes your momma VERY PROUD!!!!!!!!!!! :lovegrin: :sun: :hugs: :rub: :clap::clap::clap::clap:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well, I'm glad it doesn't appear to be anything serious.  And it does appear that he is just being a little prince and wanting extra attention...nothng wrong with that after all he's been thru!