Latest Star Wars

zoe'n'misskitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

ok, haven't seen this, but was discussing jedi w/my nephew, who had already seen sith...
what i remember Leia saying when Luke asked was, "just impressions, really."
so i don't understand how she could even remember that, but stil... memory is different for everyone. some people can remember stuff much earlier in their lives than others.
Ooohh, good point!
Since Leia is after all Anakin's kid, then it would follow that she's got a good dose of the force, too...maybe she was able to remember back to her birth and just didn't know that's what it was...just being "impressions", and all.
(I am SUCh a geek!!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched a little of Clones last night and what I really note is missing from it and Phantom is humor for gosh sakes, I mean Han had a lot of humor, and even Leia had this wit. George won't let the new people have any damn humor.

arg0

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marge

I watched a little of Clones last night and what I really note is missing from it and Phantom is humor for gosh sakes, I mean Han had a lot of humor, and even Leia had this wit. George won't let the new people have any damn humor.
I don't know what scenes you saw, but there was plenty of humor in all of the 3 films... Maybe your being too critical? From talking to fans from all over, this wasn't even brought up. And as for the humor, I assume you still haven't seen ROTS and those who have seen it will know what I am talking about there was the most funniest scene in ANY of the Star Wars film in ROTS.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arg0

I don't know what scenes you saw, but there was plenty of humor in all of the 3 films... Maybe your being too critical? From talking to fans from all over, this wasn't even brought up. And as for the humor, I assume you still haven't seen ROTS and those who have seen it will know what I am talking about there was the most funniest scene in ANY of the Star Wars film in ROTS.
Well I admit I didn't watch much of the movie, it was on TV and I only watched part because you said I should to prepare for Sith. I found it so boring and I mean the main characters don't have sort of earthy humor like the first three did, people whom we like as people like Harrison and Leia.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by darkeyedgirl

Anyhoo my beef with her part in this was mainly how they just did her up in pretty dresses and made her seem so dang weak. NO WOMAN that I know would just "lose the will to live" just cuz a guy left her; after all, she has two babies to raise.
I agree, and especially after she was such a strong female character in the other 2. Her hanging out in the apartment 24/7 was lame, and her death for no apparent reason was worse.

Originally Posted by darkeyedgirl

And yah I agree, after seeing it again... I think the part in the light show where Palpy & Ani are chatting about Darth Plagieus ... Palps is hinting that his master influenced the midi-chlorians enough to bring Anakin to life. The way he says it & how he looks at him.
Only I think that Palpatine 'learned all his master knew' and influenced the midi-chlorians himself to create Anakin.

Originally Posted by laureen227

what i remember Leia saying when Luke asked was, "just impressions, really."
But she also talks about her mother dying when she was very young and also mentions her being very beautiful, but very sad. That always led me to believe, especially because Luke says he has no memory of his mother, that he was whisked away to Tattooine immediately, while Padme lived in hiding with Leia for at least awhile. I guess George didn't feel as though he could end the film with Padme alive.

obi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Deb25

But she also talks about her mother dying when she was very young and also mentions her being very beautiful, but very sad. That always led me to believe, especially because Luke says he has no memory of his mother, that he was whisked away to Tattooine immediately, while Padme lived in hiding with Leia for at least awhile. I guess George didn't feel as though he could end the film with Padme alive.
I don't think he altered it, I think that the mother she remembers was her adopted mother, who dies while she is young. She never knew she was adopted, though.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw it Sunday (One of THE best reasons to live in Utah!), nearly an empty theater.

Loved it, answered a lot of questions.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Obi

I don't think he altered it, I think that the mother she remembers was her adopted mother, who dies while she is young. She never knew she was adopted, though.
She knew she was adopted. I had to pop in Jedi for an exact quote on this. Luke asks Leia directly what she remembers of her mother, her real mother.

That is definitely the plot hole in Sith.

aussie cat love

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I enjoyed it and thought it was one of the better ones. Now I just need to sit down and watch all 6 in their proper sequence. When I have 15 hours to spare....LOL

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Aussie Cat Love

I enjoyed it and thought it was one of the better ones. Now I just need to sit down and watch all 6 in their proper sequence. When I have 15 hours to spare....LOL
My hubby wants to do the same. I told him I wasn't willing to get up at 5 AM to start watching.

roxy_loves_cj

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
After much thought he is what I think about the Padme/Leia plot hole. I think she is talking about her real mother. After the fall of the republic Leia was taken to live with her adoptive parents. Her adoptive dad was good friends with padme and served on the senate with her. I think that before things got too bad and all that Leia was shown holograms of her mom, much like we show pictures or home movies now. So when she refers to her being pretty, and sad it was an observation she had made when she was small. Then her adoptive mom dies and it is just her and her adoptive dad. He is very concerned with governing his planet, and most likely doesnt have time for reviewing old holograms with her, or possibly it could be dangerous for him to even have holograms of padme, so they were destroyed. All of this to say, her memories could just be of her watching holograms of her mother. It might be a bit far fetched, but that is as close as I can get. I have the new DVD set of the classic star wars and there is a commentary with lucas, carrie fisher, and some sound and effects guys on it. I will watch that to see if they say anything.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just think that ending Sith with Padme still alive would have not tied things up so neatly. Then you have to speculate as to how and when Padme dies between films III and IV. I guess George is sort of wishing he could take back Leia's words, but no chance there.

I watched IV last night. I seemed to remember Uncle Owen, Aunt Beru, and Obi Wan being older in that film, so I was thinking that the time frame didn't really gel together, but I have rethought that. It's feasible.

Nowadays, though, that original light saber duel between Obi Wan and Vader is looking a bit lame. I can only imagine Lucas wanting to get in there and ramp up the CG somewhat on that.

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Nowadays, though, that original light saber duel between Obi Wan and Vader is looking a bit lame. I can only imagine Lucas wanting to get in there and ramp up the CG somewhat on that.
Yeah, it's a bit slow and not as impressive compared to the more recent ones. I told my DH, "They must have slowed down in their old age."
But I still love the original triology!!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by joanne511

Yeah, it's a bit slow and not as impressive compared to the more recent ones. I told my DH, "They must have slowed down in their old age."
But I still love the original triology!!
I was thinking, well, Vader certainly can't be the most agile thing in the world with no natural limbs. And Obi Wan must be out of practice after living in a cave for 20 years.

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I was thinking, well, Vader certainly can't be the most agile thing in the world with no natural limbs. And Obi Wan must be out of practice after living in a cave for 20 years.
- good call!

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw it at the midnight showing Wednesday night. OMG it was awesome, much more like the original trilogy than the last two movies were.
I've decided, if I'm ever to be a damsel in distress, the knight I want rescuing me is Ewan's Obi-Wan.

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've decided, if I'm ever to be a damsel in distress, the knight I want rescuing me is Ewan's Obi-Wan.

Oh man, *drool*, me too. His whole attitude, the way he jumps into stuff and his sarcasm, wit, sense of humor and just plain ballsi-ness (is that a word) is hot, hot, HOT! Daring & courageous. Cute, too.

me-n-my guys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I finally saw it last night!
I agree with you guys about Padme's role being very weak-all she seemed to do was sit around in quiet, dim rooms. (beautiful clothes, though) But if you think about it, the story was more about how Darth Vader came to be, right?
Anyway, it seemed to be sooo much, it's the kind of movie you HAVE to see a few times to absorb everything. Wonderful color & imagination. The backdrops for the fights were a feast for the eyes. Everything was, really. It was a feast for the senses, even though the dialog was sort of silly enough sometimes to give us the giggles.
Awesome soundtrack.
I'd like to see it again.

charcoal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

I saw it Sunday (One of THE best reasons to live in Utah!), nearly an empty theater.

Loved it, answered a lot of questions.
LOL

It wasn't bad. It was interesting to see how he became Darth but I hated how they dealt with Padme.

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I liked it. I went to see it last night with my brother- it was his second time! I appreciated finally knowing exactly how Darth Vader became what he was. The whole Padme situation seemed a little weird to me- but she looked gorgeous. Now I need to watch the first three, because I'm having a hard time remembering what happened in them.