(late, Really Late) Question Of The Day, Friday, November 24

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! And Happy (Let's Pretend it's) Friday! :paperbag::paperbag::paperbag:

I'm sorry and I apologize. With everything else going on, I forgot about the QoTD yesterday.

So: Did you spend any money yesterday for any Black Friday shopping? Or for anything else?

We went to PetSmart first for some litter and food for the clan. Off to Target to pick up season 2 of Outlander. I took Rick out to breakfast. Off to the mall, where I bought a Santa Claus picture. And then back home.

We were going to go back out later on in the day, but Rick developed a nasty sinus headache and ended up on the couch for the rest of the day. He's still on the couch; he took some Advil Sinus, and it helped a wee bit, but also made him very restless last night.

Did you spend any money yesterday?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Nope, not for Black Friday. We don't have that over here.

I went to the cheap pet supply store and supermarket in the next town and managed to spend about $200 on cat food and groceries though. Should last a couple of weeks.

:crossfingers:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nope. I didn't go anywhere yesterday. I stayed home, did a little cleaning and then just relaxed. I never did get into the whole Black Friday thing even years ago when it was a much bigger deal then it is now. I don't have the patience for the crowds, the long lines, and inconsiderate people.

dahli6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't participate in Black Friday even when I can.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've already finished my Christmas shopping, but yesterday I had to buy a new DVD player. My old one pooped out on me at a very inconvenient time :rolleyes:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Nope. I didn't go anywhere yesterday. I stayed home, did a little cleaning and then just relaxed. I never did get into the whole Black Friday thing even years ago when it was a much bigger deal then it is now. I don't have the patience for the crowds, the long lines, and inconsiderate people.
Same here, no Black Friday shopping although I did not do any cleaning either. ;)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I didn't spend any money on Black Friday. I was disappointed in the sales. Maybe there will be better sales on Cyber Monday.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I placed an order online with Petsmart for two 32 count packs of Friskies and 4 buckets of Tidy Cats for in store pickup. They emailed me at 10 last night to tell me my order was ready for pickup but was "modified". Modified as in they ran out of litter so they cancelled that part of my order. I'm livid. They offered the same deal to online customers who picked the items up in store. They were given ample time to pull FOUR lousy buckets of litter from the floor and put them aside. It's not like I ordered 30 of them. This is not the first time this location had cancelled an order on me when the website showed the item as IN STOCK. I emailed PS corporate. They are not getting away with it this time Black Friday or not. Do not offer a deal like that if you are not prepared to honor it. :nono:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not me personally, but my son did (for me). He bought me Lego Jurassic World and all DLC content. I've been wanting it for awhile and Steam had it on a Black Friday sale.
Only problem is, that my internet is so slow it took 14 hours to download.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ordered a new fast microSD card for my Nook, and left a question about a product I saw on eBay; still waiting for an answer about whether it will work with my computer.

We specifically added some money to the debit card on Wednesday in anticipation of Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

Margret

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bought 25 buckets of cat litter at Petsmart and ordered a new couch.
Oh, wow, how do you manage that? I always want to get more than I do but I can only fit 4-6 buckets per cart and I lose motivation to load more than 2 carts, lol. Do you go through line several times or do you fill a bunch of carts? Or have some other arrangement?

I got 4 buckets of Tidy Cats, 4 bags of Purina One, 2 bags of Friskies, and a small fish tank at Petsmart. 4 boxes of Arm & Hammer litter and 2 bags of Canidae at Petco. And then I went to dinner at Panera. That's all I bought for Black Friday :D. Oh, and I ordered 4 boxes of A&H litter and 4 bags of Friskies (only $9 each!) from Chewy because of their BF sales.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did! For the first time ever - never bought stuff on Black Friday before :lol:

I bought tea from David's Tea. I thought it was a pretty good deal, 30% off when you hit 50 or over on your order, free shipping on all orders and a free seasonal tin. Among the already usual trinkets that you get too. Altogether ordered a bunch of tea for only around $35 at the end.

I am an avid tea drinker, and a fan of DT, so thought why not :thumbsup: I was going to order more soon in the future anyway.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, wow, how do you manage that? I always want to get more than I do but I can only fit 4-6 buckets per cart and I lose motivation to load more than 2 carts, lol. Do you go through line several times or do you fill a bunch of carts? Or have some other arrangement?

I got 4 buckets of Tidy Cats, 4 bags of Purina One, 2 bags of Friskies, and a small fish tank at Petsmart. 4 boxes of Arm & Hammer litter and 2 bags of Canidae at Petco. And then I went to dinner at Panera. That's all I bought for Black Friday :D. Oh, and I ordered 4 boxes of A&H litter and 4 bags of Friskies (only $9 each!) from Chewy because of their BF sales.
This year I got the litter the easy way. Bought it online with in-store pick up. So much easier than trying to fight two shopping carts and I didn't have to stand in line for an hour! If they offer the same deal next year, I'm going to get 40. It's a savings of $4 per bucket and it DEFINITELY will get used!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha, I'll keep that in mind and maybe try that next year :D. They'll probably think it's a typo---"40?!? I bet she means 4!" I'm kind of afraid of breaking my van though, lol. That's. . .1400 pounds, which I guess might be reasonable, I'll have to check the load limit. But I have an acreage so storage isn't a problem, and it will definitely get used, so that sounds like a good idea. I'd probably be famous among the employees forever :shocked:.

boney girl dad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I did get a little something for my 4 year old niece. I have a part time retail position and I was there so....

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got a FitBit on sale ($50 off the one I wanted) and, finally bought an Instant Pot. The 8 quart programmable was on Amazon for $80.
And...a new laptop. Mine is on it's last legs. Very excited!