Lady bugs anyone?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by furryferals

What is a lady bug ?....We have ladybirds,little red beetle type with black spots.

Are they the same thing?
Yup! They sure are....."lady bugs" are really Ladybird Beetles....but around here, they nicknamed lady bugs since that is easier to remember

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Ew, those ladybugs are sick..they make little orange stains when they land on stuff too...they ruined a pair of pants I had on the clothes line one time.

Little buggers.
hate to tell ya this, but those little orange stains are pee
...I realized that one time when a cute little lady bug landed on my hand...as soon as it flew off, I had pee all over it! I was like ewwwww!!!!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We are dealing with a strange infestation in our house... moths
I have never heard of it before. I have an exterminator coming tomorrow. It is really bothering Dori. I have vacummed and gotten rid of as many as I can, but they still show up. It isn't just the grown up flying moths, but moth larvae.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

We are dealing with a strange infestation in our house... It isn't just the grown up flying moths, but moth larvae.
Oh gag me. *shudder* I am dreading cleaning out my upstairs bedroom closet for exactly this reason. I don't normally use that room as anything other than a junk room and there has been a very heavy box in front of that closet door for years now ... I know the wool clothes I left in there are just going to be wisps of dust down on the floor.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate lady bugs when I was a kid one crawled in my ear. It took forever to get it out and it kept moving its wings in my ear. And now I still feel like something is fluttering its wings in my ear on occasion. I hate them things.

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
Originally Posted by gayef

Those ladybugs (the disgusting orange ones) have invaded here (in Central Virginia) too! And my good gawd, yes, they stink to high heaven and bite the beejeezus out of you if you don't knock it off and squish the guts out of it before it can! The little buggers sink those little teeth (or whatever it is they have) into a piece of your skin and it STINGS like fire! I hate 'em. As a matter of pure fact, I hate 'em so bad that I used to adore sucking them up in the Hoover, but now my new passion is watching them swirl down a drain, usually the toilet. *evil grin* I come upon a particularly large patch of them, normally in a high, warm corner of a ceiling in my home, sweep them up into a dustpan, drop them into the bowl ... and then watch with total glee as they go down the hole.

Did I mention that I don't like them???
Now breath Innnn..... and Out....Innnn.....and Out. Feel better now ?

chaunte

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have THOUSANDS of them.
Here in Iowa, we have Asian Lady beetles (Asian lady bugs).
The farmers use them to kill the afids & when they cut the corn & beans down, they go inside everyones house.
Its annoying!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gayef, I hate them too.I am going to get out my Kirby hose and suck the little buggers up and then enjoy as they go into the hose.*also evil grin*
And yes, their bites hurt pretty bad.

lovemycodygirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Okay, no ladybugs here in S Jersey but have something equally as gross and annoying! ANTS! ANTS are all over the place like never before...in the pantry, kitchen, bathroom and I just found them upstairs in my body lotion box. UGH!!! Had to move the cat food bowls and continually clean. We've sprayed around the outside of the house but can't use anything inside because of the kitties.
It's SO GROSS!!!!

Oh and we had a bat in our bedroom 2 weeks ago...Boo was going bonkers! Trapped it and let it go outside. EW...it flew into my HEAD!!!!!!