Labour soon?

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG there's another one!!   And -   YES you should.

But you know, it is no the camera, it is the photographer.  (of course the cats too).  I mean, just look at that angle and position YOU chose to take in order to get that last picture of mother and kitten!!

It's all you girl, NOT the camera!!  Keep them coming, we are enjoying!!!

Last edited:

majenta mynx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Omg how beautiful are Skye's babies?!?! And fantastic photography! I know for sure that even if I had a decent fancy camera, my photos would be no where near as good as the ones we've seen here! 

Beautiful kitties 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

redbowlingball

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Haha, thanks guys!  I love taking photos of animals. It takes ages to get a good shot (99% of photos I take are of high speed blurs) but it's worth it :) 

So what colour are this little guys eyes going? All the other kitty eyes are going shades of grey and olive, but he's getting this bright turquoise ring around his pupils. Pretty sure he won't have blue eyes as his pupils don't go red under flash. I did not expect his eyes to get any brighter, that's for sure! I wonder if because he's got this smoke-like fur if it will affect his eye colour? Since we've decided to keep him we've renamed him to Zuko :D

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
His eyes will probably change to green soon, but there is nothing more stunning to me than a black kitten with blue eyes! [emoji]128571[/emoji]

redbowlingball

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a few questions regarding the whole kitten-raising thing. The kittens will be six weeks old on Sunday and so far only one of them, Zuko, is eating wet food. He's been eating it now for about four days but none of the other kittens are showing any interest. Is this normal? Skye is starting to look pretty thin now too, so I'm really hoping they'll start moving onto solids soon to give her a break. Is there anything I can do to encourage them to eat? Is there anything I can do to boost Skye's calorie intake? 

In addition, thanks to his new food source, Zuko is now pooping on his own. All the kittens are, more or less, using the litter box to pee. However, Zuko has pooped twice on the carpet by the food bowls and only managed to get his third poop in the box because I put him in there when it looked like he was ready to go. Should I just keep going like this to train him or should I consider moving the box to where the food is and shifting the food location? 

And a photo, cause why not? Isla...

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would put the kitten litter pan very close to where he eats and plays. Also put him in it before and after meals.

The other kittens should show interest in solids any day now, but there are always early and late learners. Anytime between now and 8 weeks is normal.

Have you mixed the wet food with KMR to make it thin? It's easier for them to lap up. Have you tried feeding it to them from your finger to give them a taste? You can also moisten dry kitten chow, or try Gerber turkey or chicken baby food. Mine loved baby food!

As for mom, give her full fat yogurt, boiled egg chopped up, plain boiled chicken, even KMR. You can also give her Nutrical paste daily.

redbowlingball

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would put the kitten litter pan very close to where he eats and plays. Also put him in it before and after meals.

The other kittens should show interest in solids any day now, but there are always early and late learners. Anytime between now and 8 weeks is normal.

Have you mixed the wet food with KMR to make it thin? It's easier for them to lap up. Have you tried feeding it to them from your finger to give them a taste? You can also moisten dry kitten chow, or try Gerber turkey or chicken baby food. Mine loved baby food!

As for mom, give her full fat yogurt, boiled egg chopped up, plain boiled chicken, even KMR. You can also give her Nutrical paste daily.
Thanks for your advice. The box is fairly close to the food area. The food is about halfway along the wall while the litter box is in the corner of the same wall and it's not a huge room. I'll will budge it closer though and see if it helps. I'm just worried having it too close to the food bowls might put Skye off her food?

I've been trying to get the kittens to lap up just the basic KMR but they're not having it or the mashed up wet food. I'll try combining them now though and see if it helps. The chicken baby food might be a less messy route though! I'll pick some up this evening.

I'll boil some eggs for Skye now, but the problem is she's a fussy eater and tends to only nibble at her food. I'll pick up some yogurt tonight too.She's been getting her KMR daily but has been showing less interest in it lately.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Perhaps boil some chicken as well. Hopefully she'll go for some of this. She'll be better once the kittens are weaned.

Beautiful kitten, by the way! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My kittens are nearly 7 weeks now. Two took to the wet food instantly. Then a few days later we got a third. The last little guy just finally got with it 2 days ago. And only 2 will eat dry kibble at the moment, that I've seen. They'll get there! [emoji]128149[/emoji]