Labor

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by FamilytimeRags

From the way I have understood FIP, it is only contagious when it the corona stage, once it is mutated to FIP, it is no longer contagious, and isolation isn't needed any longer. The corona virus itself is very contagious, as it is shed by saliva and feces. There is actually an FIP vaccine available, that can be given after 16 weeks of age, however many vets have differing strong opinions on the usefulness of this vaccine. I for one, do not give it. The vaccine is a modified-live, and there is not enough proof of it giving immunity. I have done some research into FIP, but there is varying opinions, as there still isn't much understood with FIP. The only way to be positive the cat died from FIP is with a tissue biopsy or necropsy. Although vets can make an educated diagnosis just by symptoms. There are 2 different types, wet (effusive) FIP and dry (non-effusive) FIP.
Testing for the corona virus is for the most part inaffective, as most cats have been affected with the corona virus.
There has been a lot of research done, and it couldn't be done without people like Kluchetta, helping by donating money. If you would like to help the Winn Feline Foundation has done amazing things.
By research, they have found that genetics may play a large role in the immunity and resistance to FIP.

My research has been through reading a book by Neils Pederson and through information given by Dr. Susan Little.

http://www.winnfelinehealth.org/health/FIP.html
Excellent perspective, and right on. (I was being lazy last night.) A feline opthamologist diagnosed Smudge, and sent a sample to a lab for confirmation. It cost something like $200 and was "unconclusive." The other test (that we had done on the remaining cats) is just a test to see if they've been exposed. And it's not that useful because so many cats have. Thanks, FamilyTimeRags!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are a few pics of Ices' kittens. They were born on 4/6 and are now 9 days old and all have their eyes opened. I was wrong when I first sexed them, I thought 2 b and 2 g, but, I have 3 boys and only one girl. 1 is really light and I think he is blue but the other three are seals. The light one I still can't tell his pattern, his paw pads and nose leather is still light but I can't see any markings on his head yet, the other three I can see mitts on them for sure, but 2 of them have marks on their head and look like bi-colors but they have dark nose leather. so i'm pretty sure they are just mitted, and the real white one, will probley darken up and be mitted as well, but if he is blue, he is so light I can't tell yet. The pictures aren't real clear, I hate my camera, but untill I get a new one I will post a few pics now and then just to show them off a little. If there are any pics of their feet, you can see the line on them showing their mitts. (I guess I don't have any that show the feet good, but I can clearly see the line so I know they are mitted.)

This is one of the two that I am starting to see bi-color markings on, but he DEFINATELY has mitts, so ?

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

Oh my they are so cute!! They look like little snowballs!! I don't understand all the mitted and stuff but I think they are gorgeous!!!
It has to do with bi-colored genetics, there are 4 "types" and depending on what it is bred to and what you will get. Sire is a bi-color, but just found out by the litter is isn't a true bi-color, all the kittens are mitted, they are all color points but will have little white feet. Familytimerags and I had been talking about these kittens for a while, so, sorry to you and every one else who isn't sure what we are talking about.

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you!! I have been waiting patiently....LOL, who am I kidding, I was patient at all!!
Wow, almost 2 weeks old now!! They are adorable!!
Any homes lined up for them yet? It won't be long.
I have noticed when I sex the kittens, that I usually think a girl is a boy, and after a few days, I figure out, oops, she is a he.

I really look forward to watching them grow and change. Watching the color and patterns develop along with individual personalities, is a lot of fun!!

Thank you for the updates!! Give them all belly rubs for me. I am sure they won't be able to resist.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by FamilytimeRags

Thank you!! I have been waiting patiently....LOL, who am I kidding, I was patient at all!!
Wow, almost 2 weeks old now!! They are adorable!!
Any homes lined up for them yet? It won't be long.
I have noticed when I sex the kittens, that I usually think a girl is a boy, and after a few days, I figure out, oops, she is a he.

I really look forward to watching them grow and change. Watching the color and patterns develop along with individual personalities, is a lot of fun!!

Thank you for the updates!! Give them all belly rubs for me. I am sure they won't be able to resist.
It's funny, I put these pics up and as I was scrolling down to see who was on, I saw your post asking about pics!
I hate taking pics with my camera, they don't come out good and you can't really see the kittens that good, it's pretty disapointing to wait for pics and then all there is a crappy little blurry thing.
What did you think of the kitten in the first picture? could you see what I was talking about? It looks a little like he is a bi-color, I can see it in the pic, but I know it's there and what I am looking for, but if you look closely at his head in the first pic, you can see faint marks and it's more white down the middle, like a bi-color, it kind of looks blue, but thats only because he hasn't darkend a lot, i'm pretty possitive he is a seal. He definately has the little line on his feet and they are pink (white) so he is a mitted I have NO doubts about there being mitts, so is it possible for him to be both? a mitted bi-color(van)? Or mabey he just has a messed up blaze on his head and face? They also have dark nose leather, thats why I wounder if he is just going to be really badly marked with a funky blaze. Also the really light one has no color at all hardly (that's why I think blue) he has some on the tail and ears, but nothing is showing up on his legs, he has pink paw pads, but no line of white for mitts and I don't see any color on them at all yet, I can't see any color on his head to think he is a bi-color or a point (which I think can't be produced by Dante' any way, if I am correct about him being a high mitted) his nose leather is pink too. So what do you think? What would dante' be if I have mitted and a van? Is that possible? I will try and get some better pics in the next couple days as they darken up.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

They are so very sweet! I am having some issues with my vision at the moment, so I won't speculate on the color ... *sigh* ... hopefully I will be better able to see in a few weeks.
I hope you will be able to see better in a few weeks too.

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, I do see exactly what you mean. The white spot is quite large and noticable, so I can imagine even more so in person.
If you go on our site, you can see one of past kittens, Achilles. He is actually up as Ragdoll of the Month for our site, as well as there is a page, called "Look how I have grown" on our site, that shows how he looked as a kitten as well. He is a seal mitted/bicolor. I suppose because both his Mom and Dad, both carry the blaze, that the white spotting factor caused a large blaze. He was altered at 11 weeks old, so I have no idea what phenotype he would have bred as. I would have been curious to find out, what he actually is, a very mismarked bicolor, or a mitted, with large blaze, (still mismark).
In his litter, was 5 kittens, him, 2 bicolors, and 2 mitteds.
A van, would be mostly white, with a little color on the ears and tail, the Van is also reffered to as the High White Bicolor pattern. There aren't too many breeders with them, and I couldn't find a picture of one.
If Dante' is producing both mitted and bicolors, the bicolors would be True Bicolors genetically, meaning Dante' is a genetic Mid High White. But if it turns out that this kitten is a mitted, with a blaze, Dante' is a High mitted, and most likely he carries the blaze, not Icey. I only assume that if you haven't had a blaze in her past litters before, it is still possible that Ice does carry the blaze.
I hope I didn't just confuse you more.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank-you

I will be getting some good indiviual pics soon, either tomorrow (2 weeks) or next week at 3 weeks, along with their names. They are getting big, and starting to learn how to toddle around, it's so cute to watch. They even enjoy being scratched, I had one turn over so I could scratch his belly and they will arch them selves so they can push into your hand.
There are 3 males and female:
2 seal mitted boys, with blazes.
1 blue mitted boy not sure about a blaze.
1seal mitted girl with blaze.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

Thank-you

I will be getting some good indiviual pics soon, either tomorrow (2 weeks) or next week at 3 weeks, along with their names. They are getting big, and starting to learn how to toddle around, it's so cute to watch. They even enjoy being scratched, I had one turn over so I could scratch his belly and they will arch them selves so they can push into your hand.
There are 3 males and female:
2 seal mitted boys, with blazes.
1 blue mitted boy not sure about a blaze.
1seal mitted girl with blaze.
You will have to tell us the names
I cant wait to see more pictures

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ohhh my
I am in love. I wish that I had the money to buy a Ragdoll, I adore my Ragdoll mix. Are they all so loveable? He lets my son carry him everywhere and even sits in his lap to watch T.V. (on his bottom, like a human). Congrats on the beautiful kittens.

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aww, they are growing cuter all the time. I am anxiously awaiting to hear the names you have chose. We did name every kitten, but we stopped, as it was hard to begin calling the kitten by its new name before he/she went home, plus if the name was special to us or one of our kids, I think it made us bond a little bit extra, and even made it harder for that particular kitten to leave for us.

Although, sometimes we just can't help but naming them. When the personalities start coming up, it seems little nicknames just stick.

3 boys and a girl, it must be something in the Ragdoll water.
(joke since Kiara had the same
)
The family who adopted 2 of Kiara's boys, first named them Amos and Andy, but she changed the names a few hours later to Bentley and Jackson or (Benny and Jackie). I will let you know what the other names are as we begin to know them, or if Benny and Jackie's name changes.

The blazes can sometimes change as they get older, and just end up being a "ghost blaze", I am guessing it is how the color spreads over the face, making a blaze appear in the beginning, but filling in over a few more weeks.
Our blue mitted kitten from Lucy, I think I have shown her to you in emails, she is Sarabi. We knew she had one small blaze on her nose, but now at 10 weeks old, a second blaze on top of the other blaze in now apparent, so she has a double blaze like one of her half brothers, who oddly is the same color and pattern. Same fathers, different Mothers.
I really enjoy the updates and pictures!! Thank you!!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, theose pictures are just awefull, I didn't realize they were soooo bad. In the first one you can see the little mitts on his foot though.
I have always named them, but it is hard to call them the owners name , celeste wont! the only girl in the last litter was named Chloe by her owner, and it just didn't fit her, so I called her what celeste had named her, which really didn't fit her too much either, Misty, it just seemed more like a dogs name.
The patterns are crazy on these kittens,they are mitts, of course, but they have the white on the head like bi-colors, or like a blaze, but they look like football players with a smudge of the black stuff under their eyes, except of course it's white not black, but it's kind of funny. I hope they are gost blazes and darken up, I do think the blazes are cute and some people like them, but they won't end up being much for show quality I guess. I really will have to wait untill they are older though, I can't really tell any thing like that this early, besides 2 people want kittens for sure,(and they wont show) they are just waiting for them to get bigger and show color more before they pick them put, I think I have a third spoken for but that's not definate, but the two were spoken for when I bred her. I'm pretty sure one wants a male, and a friend wants one, but she wants to get to know them before she picks one out, she doesn't know if she wants a male or female, and the third person also doesn't have a prefernce with sex, so I don't have every one fighting over the only girl. I was going to take the kittens out side in the sun to get some pics, my camera only takes good pics out side, but it's a little windy and a bit chilly for little babies. I am still deciding on one name, so i'm not sharing their new names untill I decide on the last and get a good picture of each
So, I guess every one will still have to wait to know their names, which will change as soon as the people pick out their kittens and change them any way