Koha Duck Pate And Turkey Pate

kirathecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If you want a really smooth pate food... Dave's is sold on chewy and was one of the smoothest foods I have ever fed my kitty! It seems to have a lot of moisture and I couldn't even cut it up like other pates, I had to scoop it out of the can with a spoon.
Thank you for suggestion but unfortunately Dave’s has carrageenan :( and i’m avoiding it with my asthmatic cat.

cuzpix

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I highly recommend tiki cat, you can see on her chart which ones are high protein if you can find them for an affordable price. They are really good, you don't need to feed as much of it either. I still have a few KOHA too, to rotate through, but it wouldn't be good as their main diet. Tiki cat can be expensive but I found some for a really good deal at a local store, and least you don't need a lot of it to feed your cats. Another good one is Weruva's paw lickin chicken, and a lot of the fussie cat ones too. I haven't found fussie cat yet though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no sorry my first post didn't post for some reason. But I wanted to say I give my cats KOHA too, but I wouldn't give it as their main meal because it is really high in fat and not as high in protein. This chart has the information for that: http://catinfo.org/docs/CatFoodProteinFatCarbPhosphorusChart.pdf
It's not fat that concerns me, it's fillers and carbs. I like the lower carbs and less fillers in the Koha Duck pate. The protein is average but at least it's meat protein.
:)

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats never would eat the Koha pate, any of the flavors, but they don't eat much pate of any kind. They prefer the shreds and minced. Has anyone tried the Koha Stews?

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats never would eat the Koha pate, any of the flavors, but they don't eat much pate of any kind. They prefer the shreds and minced. Has anyone tried the Koha Stews?
Our cats love Koha's duck stew.

kirathecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I purchased venison stew by mistake (my boy only eats pate), I’m not exactly sure what minced implies, but all pieces are of the same shape and size, sort of square/diamond shape, on the firmer side in terms of texture, i guess, about the size of a pinky finger nail. Lots of gravy (even my kitty liked it).

pippen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I tried Koha chicken for mine when I was looking for an Evo replacement. Calvin loved it, but I didn't stick with it as it was causing digestive issues. His poops became very hard and dry and he was only going every three days. Next I tried Nature's Instinct Chicken and that gave him really loose stools.

I'm trialing Nature's Variety Instinct Limited Diet Turkey now and that's going well. Of course it's more expensive than Evo and not available here in town.
Instinct® Limited Ingredient Diet Real Turkey Recipe | Instinct Pet Food

Last edited: