Kitty needs a nice person to care for her in Houston, Texas.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This sweet kitty is a stray that I am feed on my porch. She has been fixed and has her ear tipped. She has an awesome personality and used to be an indoor cat until she was abandoned. I can not keep her. I have four kitties in my tiny apartment already that I can not afford. I am very worried about this cat because there is another lady here who feeds her and has a boyfriend who abuses her. I saw him kick her very hard. When I spoke to the lady about it she made excuses for him saying he is allergic to cats. I call the kitty Bella, but you could name her whatever you like. She loves being petted

and would be great indoors or out.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thank you for caring for her.

Personally, I would call the police on that guy
. I hope that you at least made it clear that you're going to do that if you ever see him do that again. ​

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She really does look like a little sweety and so sad too. 
.  What is the no kill shelter situation where you live?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If someone knows of a no kill shelter in Houston that could take her or even better someone who could foster her, please let me know. It's a risk taking her to a regular shelter, because she is an adult cat and most people want kittens, there is a good chance it would mean a death sentence.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thank you for caring for her.

Personally, I would call the police on that guy
. I hope that you at least made it clear that you're going to do that if you ever see him do that again. ​
I've thought about it, but I'm not sure if would have the desired affect. It might just make the situation worse.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thank you for caring for her and trying to find her a home. 
Thanks, it's a privilege to be in her life. she really is special and deserves a forever home.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's gorgeous!  I want her, but I have no way to getting to Texas to get her.  It's like a 15 hour drive.  Poor little lady.  Maybe you could offer him an ice cream cone after accidentally spilling some cyanide in the cone.  It would be a nice gesture.  *whistles while looking innocent*

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gosh I wonder if a plan could be coordinated to get her to you @Alicia88. If it's possible anywhere, it would be on this site. What state are you in?

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Alicia88  if you need any help to make this work let us know I am hoping we can help you save this girl. As per @Ginny  post if you don't mind letting us know where you are I am hoping we can find a way to get her to you 

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in Kirksville, MO.  It's quite a distance and I'm perpetually broke.  Also, my car seems to be running fine, but it has around 100k miles on it and it's 15 years old.  So I'm a little scared to try a long drive.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've heard about people coordinating with truckers to transport pets long distances.  I wonder if something like that would be possible.  She's very beautiful.  My apartment is a bit small for 3 cats, but I'm sure we could make it work.  And we're going to be looking for a bigger place soon, anyway.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, I also hope this can be worked out. Maybe we could find members in each state, from where she is to you, connecting to get to you. That would make shorter drives for anyone who could help. She could get passed along from TCS member to member, to travel to you. 
 .....Just an idea. "A TCS kitty chain gang!" 

Last edited:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just posted on a couple facebook groups that someone told me about in a pm so maybe people there can help, too.  Connor and Murphy might not be happy about the new arrival, but they'll live.  They're already neutered and she's spayed so that should make things easier.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm filling out an application for this transport organization but they say it takes 3-4 weeks for approval.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately, I don't have a car. I think she would fit in with other cats well after they get used to each other. She is an alpha female and picky about who she allows on the porch. She used to have a best friend who she was inseparable from. Her best friend had kittens and is in a foster program now. I felt bad about taking her best friend away. I tried to Bella a foster parent too, but I didn't have any luck.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm filling out an application for this transport organization but they say it takes 3-4 weeks for approval.
Awesome, I will work on getting a carrier to transport her in.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Unfortunately, I don't have a car. I think she would fit in with other cats well after they get used to each other. She is an alpha female and picky about who she allows on the porch. She used to have a best friend who she was inseparable from. Her best friend had kittens and is in a foster program now. I felt bad about taking her best friend away. I tried to Bella a foster parent too, but I didn't have any luck.
Connor and Murphy are still kittens - about 7 months old - so who knows?  Maybe she'll decide to be their surrogate mother.  Cats are strange.  LOL

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Connor and Murphy are still kittens - about 7 months old - so who knows?  Maybe she'll decide to be their surrogate mother.  Cats are strange.  LOL
Since I can't meet you in person, would you be opposed to going through a little bit of a screening process? I used to be a cat foster parent for an organization, and I was thinking about asking my friend with that group to help decide who I give the cat to, since she is experienced in doing cat adoptions. You could PM me, and I could ask her to email you, If that's OK with you. I know it's a little weird to ask you to do that when you are being so generous and offering to help the kitty. I am just feeling protective towards Bella.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Since I can't meet you in person, would you be opposed to going through a little bit of a screening process? I used to be a cat foster parent for an organization, and I was thinking about asking my friend with that group to help decide who I give the cat to, since she is experienced in doing cat adoptions. You could PM me, and I could ask her to email you, If that's OK with you. I know it's a little weird to ask you to do that when you are being so generous and offering to help the kitty. I am just feeling protective towards Bella.
That's completely fine with me.  Also, there's someone on facebook who says she might have some contacts in Houston who might take her.  If a home can be found for her there, it would probably be easier than getting her to me.  Whichever can be done first just so she's safe.