Kitty needs a nice person to care for her in Houston, Texas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is OK. No new home for her yet.

larry2010

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The Houston SPCA it the only no kill shelter I know, don't bring her to the CAP ( Citizen Protection of Animals) they kill 50% every year, they do claim "No kill" but I volunteered there for two days, that is how I know, I cannot volunteer someplace where they kill animals. I have quite a few cats myself, I adopted all of them in my neighborhood, too many people move out and leave them behind, otherwise I would take her, but I can't, please take her inside and foster her until you can bring her to the SPCA. 

Also most people don't adopt kittens at the shelter, I saw that most of them took older cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The SPCA is not a no kill shelter. They are much worse than CAP https://www.facebook.com/No-Kill-Houston-117281633060/. Don't believe their misleading advertising. I can't foster her. I already have four cats in my tiny 450 sq ft apartment. The good news is the lady broke up with her abusive boyfriend. So he is not around her apartment to abuse the kitty any more.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The SPCA is not a no kill shelter. They are much worse than CAP https://www.facebook.com/No-Kill-Houston-117281633060/. Don't believe their misleading advertising. I can't foster her. I already have four cats in my tiny 450 sq ft apartment. The good news is the lady broke up with her abusive boyfriend. So he is not around her apartment to abuse the kitty any more.
Omg...this is why I always say call and ASK a real person either on the phone or in person whether or not they kill.  That's the only way to know for sure.  That's how I found out our Animal Shelter - or the Pound as it is called sometimes - still kills.  There was a rumor going around they no longer killed, but it wasn't true.  I'm really surprised that an SPCA does kill to be honest.  Usually it's the shelters.  And when I say "usually" I mean not 100% - so I am allowing, as I always have, for the possibility that there is a shelter/poundhere in the US that does not kill.  I have yet to get any info that confirms that though.  :(  

The good news is that the boyfriend is not around!!  I hope he stays gone!