Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone

I have rung them twice today. First time I was told Kitty was just being taken for a scan ( I didn`t know he was having one done ) and that they would get the nurse to ring when he was done.

No one called so I rang again and was told they were ever so busy and the vet was in a consult and that she had the message to ring me when she was done. Still nothing

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay! They just rang and I will try and remember everything she said, but I`ll probably forget something!

The best bit is if he has an uneventful night he can come home for a week tomorrow!

Now, she said they gave him another scan today because if he had some kind of lung cancer it would most likley be secondary so it would have spread from somewhere else. Apparently he has something abnormal off the end of his spleen that they noticed on the first scan so they asspirated it and thats gone for cytology report.

The sample from his chest came back as inflammatory cells. ( she said their are two areas at the top and bottom of his right lung )

So, they are now considering that he has some kind of Inflammatory airway disease, inflammatory bronchitis, chronic asthma

If everything goes well over night he can come home for a week on steroids and antibiotics and laxatives coz she said he was full of poop. He is also going to have a bronchodilator? She said it`s like an inhaler, and thats for emergencies if he has an attack. Also they are going to contact our vet here to tell them he`s coming home for a week and what they should give him if I have to take him in.

He has to go back after a week for repeat x-rays and they should have the results from his spleen by then. If he is no better they want to give him a lung wash which will apparently show... I forget...if it`s bronchitis, I think?

The last option is to open up his chest and take samples of the lumps but she said if it was cancer and it had spread to his chest then the prognosis wouldn`t be good.

So, please God, he has a good night and he does well when he comes home.

I am going to be really nervous incase he gets sick but it`s so good that he can come home! I was on a downer last night and thought he was never coming back!

( Oh yes, she also said that it looks like one of his lymph nodes is pressing on his wind pipe but that wouldn`t cause the breathing difficulties and that for them to show those kind of symptoms his windpipe would have to be practicaly blocked
)

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope it is asthma or bronchitis.
I was told Coco had bronchitis years ago then she had a real bad attack when she was 13.
The idiot vet took xrays and said she had lung cancer.
It was Asthma with a severe Uri.
I can help you if it is asthma or bronchitis.
I hope your cat does not have cancer.
The vet that said that Coco had cancer was shut down by the state of california.
Coco has had asthma since she was a kitten.
Would you like to see some videos of a cat with asthma?

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Linny, I've been following Kitty's threads and adding my silent vibes to every one else. I have to say though, seeing your new signature in another post had me panicked. I had to rush here to make sure he was ok and boy am I relieved to see that he might be coming home. Continued for a positive prognosis.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Kitty

He has had such a rough time of it, being away from home and all the poking and prodding at him. I pray that he can come home with you tomorrow and that he continues to do well.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Awww, soon he will be back with you
I pray it's not cancer in the lung
Thank you

Originally Posted by mews2much

I hope it is asthma or bronchitis.
I was told Coco had bronchitis years ago then she had a real bad attack when she was 13.
The idiot vet took xrays and said she had lung cancer.
It was Asthma with a severe Uri.
I can help you if it is asthma or bronchitis.
I hope your cat does not have cancer.
The vet that said that Coco had cancer was shut down by the state of california.
Coco has had asthma since she was a kitten.
Would you like to see some videos of a cat with asthma?
You know that would be interesting to see
I could see if it was similar to what Kitty had. Thank you

Originally Posted by jcat

that it's not cancer, and that he can come home now.
Thank you

Originally Posted by twstychik

Oh Linny, I've been following Kitty's threads and adding my silent vibes to every one else. I have to say though, seeing your new signature in another post had me panicked. I had to rush here to make sure he was ok and boy am I relieved to see that he might be coming home. Continued for a positive prognosis.
Oh, bless you!
Yeah, I did make that last night when I was feeling pretty hopeless. It does look a bit bad, I`ll make a happier one in a minute
Thank you for thinking of us

Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Poor Kitty

He has had such a rough time of it, being away from home and all the poking and prodding at him. I pray that he can come home with you tomorrow and that he continues to do well.
I know! I`m suprised he has handled it so well. Not that he has a choice but he freaks out if he can`t go outside and they say he`s been calm and settled. Thank you for all your prayers and vibes

twokatz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so happy he is coming home. Hang in there, it sounds like you have a good team working with him.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh that's good news!

Vibes that Kitty behaves himself, and gets to come home!

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitty is home!

He`s had a tiny bit of dry food and a drink and has been trying to find somewhere to go to sleep. He`s just gone and jumped on my bed so hopefully he will stay there and have a good sleep.

He has a little bandage on his front leg that he wont let me get off. It`s been stuck with tape rather than vet-wrap so I might have to cut it but he wants to be left alone.

His breathing is audible which suprised me and is very visible behind his ribs
He has antibiotics and some syrup if he gets bad.

The vet I spoke to yesterday was only treating him for that day and today I spoke to the one who has been looking after him all along. He said the tests from his chest should be considered inconclusive as he could only get such a tiny amount of tissue.

We have to wait until probably friday for the results from the biopsy from his spleen but he said that could just be a red herring.

So, we treat at home until the 21st unless he is bad again. He will then do another x-ray to see if the chest has improved. He said it is still a real possibility that it is cancer but they can`t tell without opening up his chest to get a better sized biopsy and for a physical examination of the area.

The whole top of the right lung is solid and there are some 'fluffy' areas at the bottom of the lung.

He isn`t on steroids now because they said if it was a fungal condition they would make it worse.

Poor Kitty, he is really looking sorry for himself today
He wanted to go out when we got back so I`ve had to pile boxes in front of the cat flap because he will keep trying if he can see out there. I`ll get some gaffer tape tomorrow and do it properly.

I`m just hoping he will be ok when I`m at work and that he will perk up once he`s got himself settled back home.

So far the bill stands at £2500

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad he's home now. The TLC from you will surely help him improve.

he continues to do better for you.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad Kitty is home for a while

I know its frustrating not having any real answers yet though. I may never know why Riley got so sick in October

Still sending vibes for Kitty's recovery and test results. I know he is happy to be home

Status
Not open for further replies.