Kittens on the way - colors and preparation?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sayuriel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Changing batteries solved everything, now we're getting weights above 100 g.  What a relief 

sayuriel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kitten 1: Gray tabby with white face and paws, 109 g

Kitten 2: Pure white, 116 g

Kitten 3: Brown tabby, 97 g

sayuriel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just judging by a quick look while it was rolled over on its back, I think kitten 1 is a boy

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thanks!

Weights are good! You should see good gains quickly with only 3 kittens. They need to gain a minimum of 6-10 grams per day.

sayuriel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've already made a chart to keep track of their growth every day.  I'm a morning person, so I'll be checking every morning at 9 

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful family [emoji]128149[/emoji]

Looks like you will possibly have a pointed kitten out of the group :)

Looking forward to following these babies as they grow!

Congrats

sayuriel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tuesday; I was already scheduled to have Sunday off, and I guess my boss was feeling understanding when he made the schedule for next week 
 I'm glad I'll get to keep a close eye on them these first few days.

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This is what we've got so far (uploading the picture from my phone, so one not sure how well it'll work). Is there any way to tell if there will be any more?
If that kitten on the right is all white then you've surely got yourself a kitten that looks like the dad!

sayuriel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You think so @Raina21?  It is pure white; looks like it's going to have the longest hair, too! 
 And I will definitely keep posting pictures!  I'm trying to ease some more comfortable blankets under her now that she seems to be done giving birth.  (For whatever reason, she pushed the towels aside and decided to give birth on the newspaper underneath.  I'm not complaining, as if makes clean-up a little easier for me, but I just thought it was funny).  And besides that, the dark blue towel is making it kind of hard to see the third baby, who has the darkest fur.

sayuriel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wish I could, too!  Momma wasn't real happy with me weighing them though, so I'm trying my hardest to give her some space 

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You think so @Raina21
?  It is pure white; looks like it's going to have the longest hair, too! :lol3:  And I will definitely keep posting pictures!  I'm trying to ease some more comfortable blankets under her now that she seems to be done giving birth.  (For whatever reason, she pushed the towels aside and decided to give birth on the newspaper underneath.  I'm not complaining, as if makes clean-up a little easier for me, but I just thought it was funny).  And besides that, the dark blue towel is making it kind of hard to see the third baby, who has the darkest fur.
If it's pure white and the dad was a point then the kitten is definitely a point like daddy :)

The point pattern is tepeture-dependant so kittens are always born pure white and the darker patches form on the typical "cold spots" (ears, face, paws and tail) on the cat's body as they get older. The kitten will also keep it's bue eyes as well, as all pointed cats have blue eyes. :)

Last edited:

sayuriel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's exciting! I was hoping at least one of them would take after their daddy, because he really is a gorgeous cat. I think the best thing I've noticed so far is that one of the kittens as the same white feet as the daddy. Little white paws in the front and then different length socks in the back! :lol3:

And if that kitten keeps its blue eyes, I might cry :heart3: that would be too precious!

Last edited: