Kittens not growing

emilymaywilcha

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, Delilah has really been through a lot in her short life! I know most people would not give her everything she needs to live and be happy. Thank God Penelope has been doing great. She is a tiny miracle after most of her littermates died.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel terrible ... I have a litter of kittens isolated in a bathroom with upper respiratory infections. I have been changing clothes and washing my hands after I take care of them but I have officially brought it to Delilah and Penelope. They have been sleeping more but I didn't think much of that, and then Delilah was a bit sneezy and I figured it was her nose, but then Penelope started to sneeze and have a runny nose last night. They both have slight fevers today. I guess it's good we already had a vet appointment so we are loaded up on medicine. I feel so bad I got them sick, I hope with catching it really early they get over it faster.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Were they vaccinated yet? I'd still be giving them a half dose to Delilah instead of the full because of her size.

Hopefully they recover quickly.

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last time we were at the vet she wanted to wait until Delilah was a little bit bigger. Today was our appointment for vaccines but because they are both sick we have to wait till after they are better. As soon as they recover I will make another appointment to get them done. They both have been gaining weight nicely at least Delilah is now 1lb 6oz and Penelope is 2lb 3oz.

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since the girls are better I made an appointment to get their first vaccinations next week on Wednesday. I have a week for them not to get sick, but I don't have other sick kittens I am taking care of right now so we should be good.

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are home from the vet. The girls have finally had their first kitten shots. Just the combo vaccine today. Delilah was awesome about it and didn't put up a fight at all. Penelope on the other hand was very upset and put up a little fight and vocalized her displeasure, but then went back to playing with anything and everything on the counter. Now that we are home though both girls are sleepy, just like I expected them to be.

Delilah has developed a little bit of a heart murmur, but I am not supposed to worry about it yet. We will look at it again in a few weeks.

Both girls are getting big. Delilah is size wise getting close to Penelope, she still drags behind a little in weight but not as much as she used to.

Delilah is now 1lb 15oz

Penelope is 2lb 11oz