Kittens Found!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

negs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I almost forgot an update on Cali, my other kitten.... She is doing well. No signs or symptoms of coccidia.
But she is still being treated for it and has to stay sepaerated from Tyson.

She is going crazy.... When I put her down she cries non-stop and wants to be out of that condo soooooo bad! But I can't risk her passing the parasite onto Tyson. He has enough of his own medical problems.......

I have till Thursday to keep them seperated and then I can bring a stool sample to the vet and hopefully the coccidia is gone and she can roam about the house freely. I am very diligent about keeping her litter box clean and cleaning everything real well. But Cali is doing very well and she is worming her way into my heart.........

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
i am so very sorry to hear that Bonnie is not getting any better, I will most certainly be keeping my fingers crossed for her and sending lots of ((((GET BETTER QUICKLY)))) vibes your way from across the ocean - stay strong little one

glad though to hear that Calli is doing better - thats wonderful news. Good on you and thankyou for the excellent care you are giving these babies - bless you

thankyou for the updates

negs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Bonnie is doing better. She has a bowel movement everyday but I can tell it is still painful and she still struggles. She also does not go in the litter box.

She will go pee in the litter box and dig around in it for awhile but always poops on the floor????

Is this because she is not feeling well????

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
yes it will more than likely be because she associates pain with the litter box. Is their more that the vet can do to help stop the pain she is having?

poor little girl, I really hope she feels better real soon

negs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks, she is getting a stool softner that seems to be helping more everyday. She has to go back to the vet the beginning of next week. They have to be tested again for the coccedia.... Hopefully everything goes well.

The two girls Cali and Bonnie are now running around the house with Tyson, they have been in a condo till now. With their coccedia I didn't want them to infect Tyson. Cross your fingers that everyone is healthy and stays that way

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
{{{Prayers & vibes}}} for continued & expedited improvement in health for all your furbabies! You're an angel for being so devoted to them! And I love their names, "Cali","Bonnie" &"Tyson"

blueberrybeth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Negs - you are doing an excellent job with these babies. It's always hard to manage these stray kitties, especially since it's not like we have a "rescue" bank account just for this. It's great to hear that you love them too...I am sometimes suspicious of people who don't love any animals. Everybody loves them here, so we all must be nice.

I am dealing with the coccidia thing too - took in another stray baby last night with the whole crap problem. The vet gave us Tritop ointment to use, and an oral medicine.

This is cat #6 for us. My house is becoming a big cat condo. Ack! But I guess...love will find a way!

negs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the support, I will get the results back today about the coccedia.... I hope they are free from this parasite, so I don't have to worry about Tyson getting it.

Bonnie is still having problems going to the bathroom, but hopefully the vet can find a cause for her problems next week.

Thanks!

negs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got the results back and they are free of coccedia
I was so happy to hear that.

They are going back to the vet today for some shots and so Bonnie can get checked over. She seems to be pooping better, but she is still not going in the litterbox. Does anyone know a way I can get her to go in it????

Thanks

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The good news is great. On Bonnie I would get her a brand new litter box, one that has no smells atached to it that she might associate with pain. Put it somewhere away from the others if possible, but make sure she knows where it is. Good luck.

negs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks, I changed the litter box location so hopefully that will do the trick. It's really nasty finding dried up poop in the corners of my house!

But I love her anyway

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Negs

I got the results back and they are free of coccedia
I was so happy to hear that.

thats wonderful news!! YAY!! YAY!!

good idea to buy a new litter box if your still having troubles now that you have changed location... awww it will all work out, bless her

can we see some photos if I ask nicely

negs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks, I will work on the pictures but I don't have a digital camera????

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Negs

Thanks, I will work on the pictures but I don't have a digital camera????
oh never mind then - we will just have to imagine them all through your descriptions of them

trixshar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My advice is to wrap them in a thick soft towel when you first start to pick them up & pet them. The local feral cat society socialized ferals that way, says it gives them a sense of security to be enwrapped.

I got 4 feral babies in last year. Since they were around 5 weeks old, they had no choice about accepting being held. I would wrap aech in a towel & bottle feed. Kept on with the towel after they were OK with being picked up by hand, because they were a bit sloppy with the bottle. Gradually introduced them to kitten canned food & kitten chow (took about 2 weeks>)
THey were so small I kept them in one cage for a few weeks, which helped their sense of security. THey slept in a heap on a towel I changed every day. Then kept them 2 to a cage, mixing & matching. THey still slept on each other.
Every day I let the herd out to play in a 4' x 4' enclosure (with chicken wire over it - they can climb at a very young age.) in which I had dry food, water, tays & a couple of scrathing posts they could cllimb. Then back to the cages for naps & catbox.
We had mostly 2 people hadling & petting them, plus the prospective new owners.

If the mother was tame when you trapped her, she was probably a stray or abandoned house cat, who will adjust back quickly.

Good luck & look forward to many laughs from the kittens.

Originally Posted by TNR1

That is FANTASTIC news!!

Katie

xomycatsxo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can't believe the story ends here! I wish there was more.. I'd love to know what happened to the cats/kittens!