Kittens...But not from Sophie! NEED HELP!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

princess sophia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My kids just got here (they have off of school today). And well after the confusion of them not being Sophie's kitties they are each picking their favorites and learning all about kitten care.

Gonna be hard to give them up today :(

princess sophia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The guy is on his way to get them.

I don't want to give the little boogers away!

But soon well have our own little boogers to look after and there will be just too many boogers if I keep these ones. Not enough tissues for all those those boogers :D

I really enjoyed fostering them though. Maybe I'll talk to the shelter about being a foster for orphaned kittens. (After sophies litter is weaned and gone) They are sooo cute and sooo rewarding!!!

princess sophia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
All the kittens are gone except one. The woman from the pet shop wants one...

I tried to discourage her by telling her how much work it will be. I don't think it's good for one baby to be away from the rest right now. :(

When she comes to get her I'm going to show her how to do everything and the guy from the shelter said if the woman says it's too much work he'll come get the kitten. I kinda hope she changes her mind. I'm going to offer her one of sophies when they are weaned and ready to be on their own, maybe that will help her decide to do the right thing.

For now we have one cutie (black and white) snuggling with a stuffed penguin :)

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes.  Definitely much better for kittens that young to stay together.  I think one of your kittens, once it's an appropriate age, is a great compromise.  I would tell her that the kitten needs to be raised with its litter mates or it will have behavioral issues later too.  

lovelife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No kidding, kittens always do better with at least two. There are times I have fostered and litters had to be split up among caregivers, however they were always kept in groups of at least two. If the lady really wants to do that with the orphan, perhaps she would consider two of them?

princess sophia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No kidding, kittens always do better with at least two. There are times I have fostered and litters had to be split up among caregivers, however they were always kept in groups of at least two. If the lady really wants to do that with the orphan, perhaps she would consider two of them?
I'm hoping she changes her mind completely and all 5 can stay together.

Also, if she takes one of sophies, it helps me and this kitty...And her inn the long run. She also wants a girl and although I think it's a girl I can't confirm but with sophies litter I will be able to 100% tell her the gender.

lovelife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is very true! Will the shelter be able to find a caregiver that will be able to keep the orphaned litter together while fostering?

princess sophia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure. According to the guy this is not something they usually do but because they have a relationship with the pet shop they agreed.

The woman came and was totally okay with all the things the kitten needs although she didn't seem so into the idea that it will grow into a cat. :/

At least I know this kitten will have a better life than it would had it stayed on the street. I feel bad though that it won't have as good of a life as it's siblings but it was not my place to tell her no. :(

Last edited: