Kittens biting

kittykatzrock

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is my first time taking care of kittens on my own and I have two, I also have a traumatic brain injury and get tired easily and other difficulties. I have a few questions. How much should I feed them?

They are kittens so they are very active and happy and hyper but they keep biting me, biting each other and biting my dogs, how do I get them to stop? When my little dog is in my lap the male kitten Josh will bite her or climb up and sit on her, she is very patient but he can't be doing that. When he does it I put him down on the floor but he climbs right back up and does it again and keep doing it until she leaves then he goes to sleep in my lap. They also bite each other, they bite each others legs, tails, faces and Josh will hold down Josie and bite her until she squeals and she does the same to him. How to I stop this biting?

Food and water bowls. Josh keeps playing the water bowls like pretty much bathing himself in them, knocking them over and splashing around. My dogs have raised feeders and he keeps climbing in them and sitting in their food, my dogs are not too impressed! lol!

I am feeling a bit overwhelmed and would just like some tips to curb these kitten behaviours.

darcya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Kitten does seem to bite me once and a while too, and while I know she is little and still learning/playing I can't tolerate that behavior all the time.

I have heard that ignoring them will work but Nala seems to do it more when I do that!

Im interested to see what people have to say!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittykatzrock

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
same with mine, I tried to ignore it and they just bite harder and it hurts!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Kittens are kittens... it's sort of what they do.

Remember to never use your hands as toys (they'll think that biting hands is OK) and to distract them when they to bite... Throw a toy, or use an interactive one that they can constantly try to catch.  Distraction is by far the best thing with little kittens. 

LDG has just given some good advice on feeding kittens here http://www.thecatsite.com/t/262110/recommendations-for-kitten-food

and if you want to know more, have a browse through that section, or ask your own question.

I really don't know how stop Josh sitting in the dog food, but I laughed when I pictured it..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittykatzrock

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! Thinking back I have played with them using my hands as a toy.  With Josh sitting on my dog, i guess I should just keep putting him down and eventually he will get it? I will distract them with toys and I will look at the link you posted.

Yes Josh in the dog bowls is an interesting sight, he fell asleep in in it earlier

annieg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They are adorable little ones.  I cannot really add any new advice....but to share my experience.  Never, ever uses ur hands, fingers, feet, toes to play with them.  Not even to get them to come to you....i know, we sometimes do it even without thinking about it......wiggle our fingers over the furniture to make scratch noises that will attract their attention....or if we in bed, wiggling our feet or toes under the duvet to see them jumping on them, and that is our big mistake.  Because very soon they see hands/fingers/toes/feet...and they think...."yeahhhh play time!!!!"

Have a wonderful time with your little kitties!!!!!