Kittens Being Overfed

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
PLEASE concentrate on getting the females spayed first and then the males.It costs now, but I have learned it is MUCH cheaper in the long run then having a hundred kittens around. (Yes, it happens, your cat has three female babies and then THEY each have two or three female babies at 6 months, two to three litters a year, it adds up fast!!!) There are programs out there to help, and you can get on facebook on all those buy and sell programs and find good homes for the others, especially if you explain your plight. I'm still finding homes for my strays that show up on facebook and in the paper. Especially when I say they are desperate and someone dumped them. It tugs their heart strings. All the luck, I only wish the best for you, I pray everything will work out!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lil Dude

Cat Enthusiast
Adult Cat
Purraise
How's everything going Lil Dude Lil Dude ? We'd love an update.
I apologize to everyone for my inactivity. It's been a busy week for me. The anonymous angel helping with my situation is working on paying for it. But first, I have to set up an appointment. I messaged the organization that spays and neuters for my local humane society to see about getting an appointment for 20 cats, but I think I scared them because they haven't responded! I plan to message them again with a slightly lowered number of cats by making the appointment only for the girls. We'll see how that goes

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are blessed to have found someone willing to help you! Once again this amazing site is coming through. You have a good plan there, no more kittens would definitely help. Thanks for the update!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I apologize to everyone for my inactivity. It's been a busy week for me. The anonymous angel helping with my situation is working on paying for it. But first, I have to set up an appointment. I messaged the organization that spays and neuters for my local humane society to see about getting an appointment for 20 cats, but I think I scared them because they haven't responded! I plan to message them again with a slightly lowered number of cats by making the appointment only for the girls. We'll see how that goes
You can always do one or two at a time. Make an appointment for the next when you take one cat in, etc. Thank you for taking action!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It can take a long time Lil Dude Lil Dude but don't lose heart. It took me two years to get my first colony all spayed and neutered, but only a few months to get the second colony fixed. Once you have some connections and know how to go about doing things it gets easier.

Even if you just get one female spayed this month that's going to be a lot less kittens to deal with this year. Just take it step by step and let us know if you need any help.

We're here for you.

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just ask them how many you can bring at a time, and how often. They'll tell you.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone would like to hear how you are doing Lil Dude Lil Dude . All of your news will make a lot of folks proud of you for the work you have gotten done. Just a quick rundown if you get time. Love to hear about the Manx too!

Lil Dude

Cat Enthusiast
Adult Cat
Purraise
I apologize to everyone, again, for inactivity. I don't check my email often. All of the girls are healing well, except for Millie. Her stitches have a small hole in them that is leaking a foul smelling fluid. I'm just trying to keep it clean and I've been putting some ointment on it. It seems to be getting better. I think a kitten got a little too excited at dinner time and pressed into it.

The boys will be getting neutered on the 29th of this month. One of my males won't be on the trip, but for a good reason. He got adopted! His new owner decided she wanted him fixed sooner, so she got it done at another clinic. I did, however, fill his spot with one of the ferals who is no longer a feral. He's a six month old kitten, large for his size. He had a weird obsession with urinating in my flower pot where I grew some Asters, so..his name is Aster.

One of the three month kittens is losing weight. He doesn't really clean himself because his white paws are now yellow. I'm beginning to wonder if something is wrong.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hi Lil Dude Lil Dude Nice to hear from you again.

:welcomeback1:

That's great news about the adoption and the neuter. That's worrying about Millie's spay incision. Have you called the clinic that spayed her and asked about it? They might give you some antibiotics for her as part of her after care, just to be on the safe side.

Poor Kitten too! Losing weight is never a good sign. Is there any way you could get him to a vet? Would the clinic who did the spays and neuters check him over for you? He might just need worming.

Fingers crossed it's nothing serious.

:crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:

Lil Dude

Cat Enthusiast
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have stuff to worm with, so I could do it myself. For Millie, I've been putting Emu oil on her wound and it's doing good.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please check with a vet about Millie and the kitten who is losing weight. If they are sick, over the counter remedies could make them worse. Thank you for all you are doing!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Keep us posted when you have time! I KNOW how full your hands are right now, Darlin'. Bless you.

Lil Dude

Cat Enthusiast
Adult Cat
Purraise
Keep us posted when you have time! I KNOW how full your hands are right now, Darlin'. Bless you.
Leo, the baby, is in the camper with me and the fosters. They get fancier food than he does and I figured it might do him some good.