Kittens are here!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kristi812

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
here's a few updated pics of them. they're gonna be 4 weeks old tomorrow. they are gettin soooo big. they're starting to run around and play fight. their older brother tiger has been playin with them, under supervision of course.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my, I just love that little calico!

To answer your question about calicos, usually calicos are girls because the color is sex-linked. To be specific, the X chromosome carries the color. There are basically two colors that are sex-linked - black and red (orange). White is carried on a separate gene, I think.

So if a cat is a female, it can have both black AND red. But a male only has one X chromosome (usually) so has to be either black OR red, not both. I think male calicos are XXY usually...

angelboots

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
[

He could drop off number 4 and number two. always room here. I'll just throw the husband out, LOL AngelBoots

QUOTE=Kristi812;2021959]i dunno if anyone else has been having issues with my post or not, but for some reason the second and third page wont show up for me. so here's a new post with kitten photos for everyone who hasn't seen yet.

this is the first one that came out. i think it's a boy.

this is the second one. obviously a girl. why are all calico's girls?
this is the third one. i think it's a girl too.

this is the fourth one. i think this one is a boy.

how adorable are they?
[/quote]

vrgchs

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They are adorable!! You are at the fun age when they begin to play and interact!!

Valerie

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll have the calico - do you do shipping?

They are adorable. Is your friend gonna spay her? Is she going to keep any of the kittens? When will mum cat be going back to her? Have you found homes yet? Remind me why this is all up to you again?

Sorry for all the questions.

kristi812

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sadieandziggy

I'll have the calico - do you do shipping?

They are adorable. Is your friend gonna spay her? Is she going to keep any of the kittens? When will mum cat be going back to her? Have you found homes yet? Remind me why this is all up to you again?

Sorry for all the questions.
i think she's goin to spay her. she probably wont keep any of the kittens. mom will probably be going back after the kittens are 12 weeks. i havent found homes yet, havent really been looking. i volunteered to "foster" her while she was pregnant. it was either that or she gave birth outside, or inside where my friends dad would probably kill the kittens.

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, I remember, I should have just searched for you'r oringinal post coz I don't know if I wanted to hear that again. (about the dad)

Good luck with the home search, it's best not to look too early anyway, just in case something happens. Now would be a good time, now that they are four weeks. Will you be keeping any? I know you got two from a aprevious litter to find a home for, is that right? How has that gone?

kristi812

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sadieandziggy

Oh yeah, I remember, I should have just searched for you'r oringinal post coz I don't know if I wanted to hear that again. (about the dad)

Good luck with the home search, it's best not to look too early anyway, just in case something happens. Now would be a good time, now that they are four weeks. Will you be keeping any? I know you got two from a aprevious litter to find a home for, is that right? How has that gone?
The two from the other litter still haven't found homes. I'm not entirely sure if i am keeping any from this litter. my mom is interested in one, and so is my brother. so i dont know yet. and until i joined this site, i thought 6 to 8 weeks old was old enough for them to find homes. now since reading some other posts, seems it's 12 weeks old. hmm...

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd say 9 weeks minimum would be okay. The reason 12 weeks would be better is because you can get them their shots before they leave. Also for important cat behaviour. If a kiten were to go on it's own, and the new people didn't have any cats, then I wiould wait til 12 weeks.

angelboots

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kristi812

The two from the other litter still haven't found homes. I'm not entirely sure if i am keeping any from this litter. my mom is interested in one, and so is my brother. so i dont know yet. and until i joined this site, i thought 6 to 8 weeks old was old enough for them to find homes. now since reading some other posts, seems it's 12 weeks old. hmm...
I'm in WV and we'd love to adopt two. own our home. and alive across the street from my vet. Who I'm drivning insane very time Boots so much as looks like he's got a bellyache. LOL not kidding I'd love to adopt.

AngelBoots

vrgchs

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good luck in finding homes. It shouldn't be too hard. They are adorable!!

Valerie

kristi812

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
so yesterday someone called me and asked about the 2 6 month olds. decided she wanted to adopt them both. so she comes by around 3pm, takes the cats and goes home. then around 9pm she calls and says "my roommate is allergic to cats and i didnt know. im going to have to bring them back." so half hour later, they're back. and some guy brought them back. ok, if ur living with someone, wouldnt you ok it with them first before you got a pet. and wouldnt you know if that person was allergic to anything? there has to be some bigger issue here. id just like to know what happened.

but in other news. the kittens are growing up soooo fast. they're 5 1/2 weeks old. they are going potty on their own. eating solid food. and running around. they're sooo cute. lol. they were using behind my door as a litter box tho. so i've created a little enclosure for them until they get used to the litter box. puffy, the lil calico, she darts around an makes little bird noises. i think she's going to be either medium hair or long hair because she's puffier than the other 3. oynx, the lil black one. he's the shy one of the group. he actually has stripes. he's gonna be a handsome little boy when he grows up. snickers, the grey and tan one, my brother just loves her. he's thinkin about keeping her. and then cry baby, the black and white one, well he's a mamas boy. he constantly crys. especially if he's alone. he prefers mom than his siblings. and he's a big boy. he most definately weighs more than the other 3.

my friend, shadow's owner, was working 2 jobs supporting herself, and her dad. living in her own apartment. and the plan was for shadow to come here, have her baby's, then after 9+ weeks, she would go to danielle's, my friend, apartment. well. i found out last night that she quit her second job, and is walking away from her lease. and she said that shadow will probably have to go back to her dad's. if that happens, 1) all this was for nothing. 2) she's going to just get pregnant again. and 3) her dad will proabably kill her or drop her off somewhere. so needless to say. (for lack of a better way of saying it) im stuck with a cat that isn't mine, and that attacks ever other animal, person, in the house.

HELP!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im down with the kitty train! You find someone to bring them to south dakota and I got homes, The little black and white Cry Baby would be mine! hehe

kristi812

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
if only i had a way to south dakota, lol

kristi812

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
just wanted to post some new pics of the kittens. they are 6 weeks and 4 days old. they are all soooo cute! lol

^ i think im keeping puffy, the calico. ive gotten attached to her, and my boy tiger has accepted her.

^ onyx has stripes. i have never seen a black cat with stripes like this before.

^ this little guy already has a home! how awesome is that?!

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
they are darling! So cool that the black and white has a home already!

I must say I think puffy is the cutest thing on the planet, but then I have a sweet spot for calicos.