Kittens And Mother

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I thought you were keeping the kittens indoors. That's where they need to be.

Can you take the kittens to a no-kill shelter where they can be properly fed, receive medical care, and get adopted? If you are not home much, and the mom cat is not feeding them much, they need to be at a shelter where they can receive proper care and feeding at all times.

Then you can focus on getting the mom cat spayed asap.

Can you tell us where you are located - city and state, and we will find a shelter for you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jen54

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Like I said above I take the kittens out a little so they can poo and pee and play around for a bit they are not always outside. I feel bad letting them in all the time so I leave them out a bit they are now inside sleeping. I live in California and there is a near shelter here but I heard they put the kittens to sleep I don't want them going through that. I am In Tracy Ca. 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How often and what are you feeding the kittens?

They may be able to eat wet cat food mixed with formula as a mush at almost 5 weeks. Have you tried this yet?

When is mom's spay appointment?

jen54

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
GNC Formula One of the kittens is so delicate he will only drink mothers milk he will literally spit it out. I bought it in powdered form I will now give them dry food with powdered formula. 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Do you mean soak the dry food in formula? Is it kitten chow?

How often are you feeding them?

jen54

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No I have not tried it yet I will I give them formula by it's self. They are sleeping I just started feeding them today. 

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kittens need to be moved inside and litter trained so they are adoptable. The kitten will get used to eating cat food. Can you contact foster networks?

If the kittens are not eating from mom often they are not protected from viruses. They are not safe outside. Do you need help with litter training.

They must be inside now, either in your home or with a foster or no kill shelter.

jen54

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yea i'm 17 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I just spoke with the Delta Humane Society in Stockton. It's a true no-kill shelter located about 20 miles from you. Phone: 209-466-0339. They wil take the kittens from you when they are 7 weeks old. They get spayed/neutered, shots, and adopted.

Same with Pets & Pals Shelter in Lathrop, about 10 miles from you. True no kill. Will take them at 8 weeks. I spoke with them. Phone: 209-982-5073

Keep them inside, healthy, and friendly in the meantime and they will get homes.

They also need to learn to eat wet food.

I hope this helps and that you will get them to a shelter when they are old enough.

Last edited:

jen54

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much! You guys are so much help. 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What happened to the other mother cat and her litter that you spoke of earlier in your thread?

jen54

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the place. And I have been still watching her and I think I know where she is. She isn't with the neighbors I thought but next door to the other house. I will talk to the other neighbors. They speak another language I hope they speak some what English.