Kitten with breathing issues please help

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crain

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks I hope he pulls through we had just found a possible home for him too when he stared getting worse.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hopefully the vet will get some food into him. I didn't realize he was staying there. If he gets food he will have more energy.

I sure hope he gets better so he can go to his new home!

crain

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hopefully though I seem to be the only one who thinks he may still have a chance at my house. Not the best of feellings but nothing i can do about it.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think the old adage is true in these situations - hope for the best, and prepare for the worst. I'd still be firmly in the hopeful camp, though. One thing is certain - he couldn't have hoped for better care. :hugs: for you and :vibes: for him.

crain

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just got a call from the vet, they don't know how much fluid is in his lungs currently since he's too small for the x-ray but they're giving him antibiotic injections and it seems to be working better, he's eating and drinking an even started to play again. I'll keep the thread updated if we get another call.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well, this is very good news! I'm so glad he is receiving more antibiotics and eating and drinking better! It sounds more hopeful now for the little fellow!

We'll await your next update! :)

crain

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Another update just got a call from the doctor a few hours ago, Louie Rogers is gaining weight, getting more active and his raspyness has gone down a lot. They want to keep him over the weekend but think he'll be okay to come back on Monday.

crain

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We don't get to pick who we see at this vet usually, its a 'you get whoever is available at the moment' kind of place but grandmother pulled some strings to see the other vet but judging how she reacted with just doing that. It's something she won't pull again. Both times we took the kitten to the vet it was the same vet just different doctors.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My vet's practice is like that.  Most of the vets are good.   Even the one I don't really like is good.

crain

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
As far as I know there are usually only two doctors on staff at a time or maybe there are just two there. Honestly I don't often go to the vet very much so I'm not sure how many there are or how good either of them really are either.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hurray! It sounds like he is making progress and doing great! I'm absolutely thrilled that he gets to come home on Monday after the weekend! It sounds like he is getting healthy and will be good to go! I am so happy that he has a future. Let us know how he does. I am sure he wil be happy to come home to his familiar environment! Yay!

crain

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Final update on Louie Rogers, he wont be coming back here from the vet. One of the assistants working there who was taking care of him fell in love with him and she'll be keeping him with her from now on. So Louie found a home and as an added bonus we won't have to pay his vet bill either, grandma explained why over the phone but I already forgot the reason^^; but what is important is that Louie Rogers now has a home and someone to help him if any breathing issues were to come up again down the road.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This is simply fantastic news! I am so glad this little guy has pulled through with his breathing issues and now has a wonderful forever home with a vet assistant. This is a very happy ending to this story. Thanks so much for sharing! :)

crain

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yep :D Couldn't think of a better home for him, he'll be an indoor boy and has someone who is crazy about him and can detect problems a bit faster with his health. One kitty down now just one more to go, for now anyway. Thank you to everyone in the thread for your advice and support :)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

Final update on Louie Rogers, he wont be coming back here from the vet. One of the assistants working there who was taking care of him fell in love with him and she'll be keeping him with her from now on. So Louie found a home and as an added bonus we won't have to pay his vet bill either, grandma explained why over the phone but I already forgot the reason^^; but what is important is that Louie Rogers now has a home and someone to help him if any breathing issues were to come up again down the road.
That's wonderful news! I'm so happy to hear this. Louie has got you and your Grandma to thank for giving him this great start in life.